Shop Auto Winter Products Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now HTL17_gno

Rothco Aurora Fire Starter
Color: Silver|Change

on May 18, 2012
Great design and execution of this product, gives you a firesteel in a very durable steel 'case' so you don't need to worry about a dog tag, and rod dangling by a thread. Lanyard loop on top fits 550 Paracord fairly easily. I would suggest putting a lanyard on it (with a knot pattern, not just a loop) so you can fit 4 fingers on it instead of two. Makes it a lot easier to strike. Case has an o-ring and is waterproof. Well worth the money in my opinion.
5 helpful votes
6 helpful votes
11 comment|Report abuse
on August 18, 2015
Works perfectly and is not hard to operate. The integrated magnesium is a brilliant idea that allows the spark to remain lit longer and increases your odds to light a fire. About the hight of my palm
2 helpful votes
on January 25, 2015
I bought four of the Aurora Fire Starter 440Cs for our family's bug out bags. They got excellent reviews but we found them difficult to use. Perhaps we just need to practice more. At any rate, In addition to the Aurora Fire Starter 440Cs, I included a five-pack of Big lighters and water-proof matches, just in case. It never helps to have more than enough fire starting equipment, especially since fire/heat is a basic necessity that most people need in emergency situations.
on May 27, 2013
I have been carrying this fire starter for about a year now and I have found that it is so effective that I do not even carry matches anymore. For tinder I use cotton balls soaked in vasoline and the Aurora starts them within about three strikes. I recommend this to any backpacker or hiker.
3 helpful votes
4 helpful votes
on December 13, 2014
This is by far the best fire starter I've tried.
on May 8, 2013
This product works very well! I practice a lot of bushcraft, and for the price this is the best fire steel that i've found. Always works and hasn't let me down yet!
4 helpful votes
5 helpful votes
on April 27, 2016
Well packaged, fast shipping, great product will last a long time, works great easy to use, highly recommended.
on January 3, 2016
this thing works great my two year old started an inferno in her doll house. Be careful!
on June 9, 2014
I own a few fire starter's and by far this one is the best.
It's easy to use and quick to light.
It stays in my go bag and thinking on getting another
one just in case i loose the first one.
on December 14, 2012
A really great tool with minimal weight to keep your load light while hiking. Best to have one of these on a hiking trip just in case there isn't anything around to start a fire or you run out of fluid in a lighter - just in case, because you never know on the trail. Would recommend to everyone.
0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.