Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 43 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on December 14, 2015
This light is about the size of a Kindle or iPad Mini. I bought this one, as opposed to the others on the market because this one used LEDs, which use less energy, and the compact size makes it easy to take with me when I travel. It is great to have when you have to travel a lot and switch time-zones. Using it is very easy, one button on and it sure holds up to the brightness of any other, even larger lights I've had.
I'd recommend it to anyone that is looking to get a light for their mood, this one certainly helps me!
on January 2, 2016
WARNING: Have a welder's helmet on the first time you turn it on. This thing is CRAZY bright. It left me seeing spots for quite a while the first time I turned it on. And that was the LOW setting.

Having said that, it is AMAZINGLY effective. With in 15 min. I was feeling different and doing better. Would have paid four times the price and still been completely happy with this thing! Just actually read the directions and start slow and and at a distance!
on November 27, 2015
So excited to receive my Mini! I use the larger unit, and now I can easily take one with me when I travel and to the office! It really works to combat the effects of the dark, cold Northern MN days!! Thank you Alaska Northern Lights! I am using it right now as I type this review!! :)
on October 4, 2016
Editing my review from yesterday.

I received the light yesterday, but was concerned that the unit was getting too hot. Customer service got ahold of ME to see how I liked the light so far and if I had questions or concerns. I told them about the back of the unit getting very hot and they said they would send me out another unit TODAY along with a return label to ship the other back to them! Awesome customer service!

As for the light, I love it. It's just the right size, and can be adjusted with the included stand to many different angles. I LOVE that you can be a full 2 feet away from the light and still reap the benefits of the 10,000 lux! I noticed a difference after the very first use in my energy levels and alertness. I plan to use this everyday til spring!
on December 5, 2015
The Lightpad Mini is the perfect size for me. I would recommend this to anyone to use at home, when you travel or on your desk. Very well build with a sturdy adjustable stand. I really like the ability to adjust the brightness.
on January 20, 2017
I was attracted to the compact size and brightness of the LightPad Mini, but it is unbearably bright. Five minutes at the lowest setting leaves me with a headache and spots in my vision, even after a week. I have been looking a smaller lamp comparable to the "Carex Health Brands Day-Light Classic Plus Bright Light Therapy Lamp" -- which I loved -- but this isn't it.
on July 13, 2017
I have been using the LightPad Mini for about a month and am incredibly satisfied with my purchase. This is a great supplement to my ongoing treatment for depression. It took about three weeks playing with the distance and duration to start feeling the therapeutic benefit.

After doing extensive research on SAD lights prior to making my purchase, the LightPad mini is the second most powerful light on the market, second only to the full-size LightPad. While other lights offer the same ratings at closer distances, this product helps take the guess work out of getting the distance right for maximum benefit. At that, if the intended intensity is too much, the three light settings allow some room for adjustment.

While I am 100% satisfied with my purchase, I would be even happier if there was a rechargeable battery integrated into the light or a battery pack available for purchase. This product is so small that it just seems like it lends itself to having a highly portable option. It would also help with optimal distance/angles for use. It would also be nice if ANL offered a carrying case that was priced right and fit both the pad and the power cord. I ended up buying a neoprene sleeve for a netbook for $5 which works fine for storing the pad when not in use.

If you have been thinking about trying a SAD light, this is the light to try. It is effective, compact, and affordable. At that, the LightPad is FSA eligible. My doctor actually recommended that I try a SAD light, and ANL makes this process easier by providing a form for your healthcare provider to fill out with approved diagnoses to submit to your FSA provider.
on May 14, 2017
Used it for about two months and LOVED it. The cord malfunctioned after the initial two months and it hasn't worked since. It's too expensive not to work properly. If the company had replaced the item and/or it kept working properly I would have given 5 stars.
on February 20, 2017
Excellent quality unit. I purchased this light pad because I suffer from seasonal affective disorder, and the larger Verilux fluorescent lamp I have, while effective, is not easily portable or suitable for travel. This unit is. It is about the size of a Kindle device, and is quite thin. It's also EXTREMELY bright. While it has three brightness levels, even the lowest level is very bright. The highest setting is so bright it's not usable closer than about 4 feet from the lamp. Also - be cautioned - this lamp gets HOT during use. It comes with a useful stand, but be aware that after use, you must allow the lamp to cool before handling it. Very well-made product, very compact, perfect for travel. I will update this review later after I've used the unit for several months. Assuming it's durable, it is well-worth the money if you need light therapy.
on May 17, 2017
First, read the instructions. Start with it AT LEAST 40 inches away. I turn mine on first thing in the morning, in my kitchen as I'm making my kids' breakfasts and lunches.
Second, be consistent about using it. Since my routine changes over the weekend, I forgot to turn it on and could tell a bit of a difference.
Third, I use mine even on sunny days, which are few here in the Pacific Northwest.
Because of our latitude and amount of grey days, my doctor actually wrote me a prescription for a 10,000 lux light box. I chose this one because it is small and portable and still powerful.
It really does work. I definitely feel more awake and alert.
Thanks!!!