Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Austin Breakfast Tacos: The Story of the Most Important Taco of the Day (American Palate)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports

on August 16, 2013
This book was everything I expected and more. I expected recipes from the people making Austin's best breakfast tacos. And those are in here - everything from the tiny food trucks to the big restaurants. What I didn't expect but was thrilled to discover was that they also included the stories behind all those places. The stories describing how they started making and selling breakfast tacos in Austin are what makes this book much more than just a cook book with beautiful pictures. This is a great history of Central Texas as told through the people making and eating breakfast tacos.
on October 19, 2013
Great recipes and history of Austin, TX. Very good information and breakfast taco ideas.
Enjoyed the book. I haven't made every recipe, but the ones I have, have been wonderful.
I've made my own flour and corn tortillas too. And you can't get a better tortilla than a homemade one.
Try it, it's fun!
on September 18, 2015
I thought there would be more recipes but it was more like they interviewed all the people who cook tacos about which is their favorite taco. It was still good. I did pull some recipes from it.
on September 24, 2013
Attended Mando's class at Central Market North in Austin and just absolutely loved every darn taco he presented. He calls himself a taco journalist and that's exactly what he presented, the history of Mexican people how they ate at home, even mentioned that it wasn't cool early in the 1960 or so to have tacos in the lunch box....now every one loves tacos, fancy, simple or from whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. The Brussels sprouts migas were my favorite, but at home I used zucchini, stale corn chips from HEB, eggs and Mexican cheese....all done in a pan with a little butter.....fantastic....

Oh, the books is already a must have here in Austin....love it
VINE VOICEon December 29, 2013
Having recently enjoyed some Austin breakfast tacos (and lunch and dinner tacos), I decided to buy this book for my boyfriend for Christmas. I'm not much of a cook but what I love about this book is that you don't have to be an expert cook to make breakfast tacos. It has mouth-watering photos and recipes and great profiles of people cooking up wonderful tacos, each with their own spin. A lovely little cookbook; as a newbie in the kitchen, I appreciate its straightforward recipes. Plus it's given me many ideas for places I want to eat on my next visit to Austin! Looking forward to making many of its recipes.
on January 18, 2015
great history of the Austin breakfast taco... as told by the taco journalism guy. They talk to all the local haunts, getting great tips on how to make the taco extra yummy. I learned lots, and I consider myself a taco genius.
on January 22, 2014
I and everyone I gave this book to for Christmas presents really enjoy the recipes and the history between Austin and Tex-Mex. The stories with each person and their favorite breakfast tacos gives great recipes and the reason breakfast tacos are so big in Austin,
on December 5, 2014
To those silly people who gave negative comments, I'm sorry for you. Clearly you have not enjoyed the treasure that is told of in this book. Clearly you have not known the beauty of the breakfast taco and then had it stolen from you due to a move half way across the country. These guys do a beautiful job of capturing the very essence of the Austin Breakfast Taco and include the history that built that taco. For anyone who has experienced the beauty - this is a wonderful gift to those who have not or for those who have merely visited. Congratulations to Jarod and Mando for a well done slice/um - fold? of true Austin.
VINE VOICEon January 19, 2014
This sweet little book is more than a recipe book...it's places and people and foods that make up the most fascinating breakfast tacos ever. I loved it! Great ideas! Lovely illustrations!
on January 31, 2015
I absolutely love this book. And not simply because my brother is one of the authors. The photos make your mouth water, and give you and urge to visit Austen as soon as possible.