Authentic Chinese wooden Mooncake mold - three flowers design
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Traditional Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival mooncake mold
- Hand carved from solid hard wood, beautiful details
- Vintage cultural item, use as mooncake mold, decorative accessory or business gift
- Size: over all length 12"; each flower mooncake mold 1.75" wide and .5" deep
- Hand cut and carved in China
Customers also shopped for
Reorients vintage wooden mooncake molds are each individually hand carved and were originally produced in the late 1970s soon after Chinas Cultural Revolution. Though over 30 years old these mooncake molds are unused and like new. They were stored away in unmarked crates in the back of a Hong Kong warehouse until we recently discovered them. Each shows the true character of handcrafted wood carved with simple traditional tools. This round lotus mooncake mold imprints a single flower design on three seperate mooncakes. Collectors of antiques will find these mooncake molds to be a unique look into Chinas past. Bakers will enjoy these traditional mooncake molds for both their simplicity and authenticity and for making mooncakes for the Mid Autumn Chinese Moon Festival. According to the Chinese Calendar the Moon Festival falls every year on the 15th day of the 8th month. Mooncakes are said to have played a key role in the rise of the Ming Dynasty as secret messages were hidden inside the mooncakes or encrypted in their intricate designs.