- File Size: 478 KB
- Print Length: 48 pages
- Publication Date: February 15, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0079TMXNM
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,856,301 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Authentic Cuisine - East Indian Cooking at Home Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Author Jagi Egnell presents the dishes that she enjoyed growing up in the West, so you will find these very easy to accomplish with ingredients readily available in any grocery store. The one item that you might not be able to find readily available is Paneer, a fresh Indian cheese quickly & easily made at home. (See YouTube for instructions and recipes.) Jagi does point out that you can use tofu instead.
The book is nicely laid out and features an interactive Table of Contents that interfaces with the Kindle navigation menu. Egnell is careful to give cooking and prep times, number of servings and even serving suggestions. Do try the Butter Chicken!
All told, this is a nice representation of wonderful East India cooking which is enjoyable regardless of the season, and I highly recommend you add this little gem to your cookbook collection. Easy 4 ½ stars from me.
Simple recipes separated most helpfully into vegetarian, beef, chicken and then side dishes.
Indian food is one of my favourite cuisines and seems very popular now. I think this is going to be used rather a lot here as so many of my visitors have eclectic tastes and some of these will be really appreciated.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Herbs, Spices & Condiments
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > Asian > Indian
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > 90 minutes (44-64 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Cooking by Ingredient > Herbs, Spices & Condiments
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > Asian > Indian