Authentic Genuine Nagoya NA-701 8-Inch Whip VHF/UHF (144/430Mhz) Antenna SMA-Female for AnyTone, BaoFeng, and Yaesu
|Price:||$14.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Try Prime for free
Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Certified Original Nagoya Antenna - Only sold through BaoFeng Tech, insure BaoFeng Tech is your selected buying choice to guarantee accuracy in item description.
- Counterfeit Warning: A silver package label (Marked EVO) means the antennas shipped from China - Authentic Nagoya Antennas do not have a Silver Label (and are produced in Taiwan)
- Updated Model - May Require a Rubber spacer (included) and has an extended antenna cover to protect your radio SMA male base from the elements
- Compatible with the Any Tone: TERMN-8R, OBLTR-8R, NSTIG-8R, and ANILE-8R
- Compatible with all Any Tone, most BaoFeng, and some Kenwood Radios
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Size (LWH): 8 inches, 0.5 inches, 0.1 inches
From the Manufacturer
NAGOYA: NA-701 8-Inch Whip VHF/UHF Antenna
Genuine Nagoya Antenna
Genuine Nagoya antennas are individually tested to insure proper compatibility with your radio and frequencies!
Nagoya Antennas are dependable, accurate, reliable and affordable.
Avoid antennas that are not properly tested or tuned, which can cause high SWR and damage to your radio.
Nagoya's are proven to be a reliable VHF/UHF antenna.
Extend the Range of Your Communication
Most Nagoya antennas will increase your radio's gain by 2.15 dBi or more.
The longer the antenna is the better the antenna is capable of boosting weak frequencies. Shorter antennas offer more portability and convenience, while longer antennas generally perform better.
View the comparison chart below to pick the antenna best fit for your application.
SMA Female Base Mounted
This series of Nagoya antenna's are SMA female meaning a perfect fit for many radios.
Radios that are guaranteed to work are the:
AnyTone: ANILE-8R, NSTIG-8R, OBLTR-8R, TERMN-8R
BaoFeng: UV-82HP BF-F8HP, BF-F8+, UV-5R Series, UV-82 Series
It also is compatible with some models of: Kenwood, Yaesu, Wouxun, and others.
How to Spot a Counterfeit
Counterfeit Tip #1:
A silver package QC label means the antennas were made in China.
Counterfeit Tip #2:
Blue Ink, Yellow Bags, and Orange Bags are signs of counterfeit antennas.
A genuine Nagoya ships in green bags with silver antenna lettering and they do not have an EVO label applied.
|NA-701 & NA-717||NA-771||NA-771R||NA-810||UT-308UV||UT-72|
|Type||Whip (701) Extreme-whip (717)||Whip||Retractable||Mini-Whip||Magnet Mount||Magnet Mount Ultra Coil|
|Length||8" (701) 8.5" (717)||15.6"||4-16"||2.5"||22"||19" Coil|
|V.S.W.R||≤ 1.5:1||≤ 1.5:1||≤ 1.5:1||≤ 1.5:1||≤ 1.4:1||≤ 1.2:1|
|Maximum Gain||2 dBi||2.5 dBi||2.5 dBi||0.1 dBi||3 dBi||4.15 dBi|
|Included in Kit||NA-701 or NA-717 & Washer||NA-771 & Washer||NA-771R & Washer||NA-810 & Washer||UT-308UV, 10 Feet RG58, SMA Female Pigtail||UT-72, 14 Feet RG58, SO-239 to SMA Female Pigtail|
|Authorized Reseller||BaoFeng Tech||BaoFeng Tech||BaoFeng Tech||BaoFeng Tech||BaoFeng Tech||BaoFeng Tech|
With Manufacturer Warranty Provided through BaoFengTech in USA
Top Customer Reviews
However a simple "Faucet 1-1N 9/16 x 7/16 x 1/16" Keeps everything Snug.
I'm able to hit repeaters 20-30 miles away from inside my house (on the coast of Maine)
For the price I would buy this everytime, I havn't compared it to the 15" version but as soon as I do I'll be sure to share.
In every case you should see a minimum of a 40% increased receive capability on bands the antenna was designed for. This is simply based on an A vs B comparison keeping the radio in a near exact spot with hand off it. [You hands/body ads somewhat of a "ground" plane so when the radio sits alone with nothing but the antenna attached to it, you can get a general idea of performance.]
As for transmit, the antenna is, as best as I can tell, at the least a 50%-60% improvement. I did some simplex operation with a ham radio operator about 12 air-miles away and there was a 2-3 s-unit improvement over the stock antenna.
The only caveat I can think of is the length of the antenna. From base to tip is 15". For me that is not a problem and if I break the antenna, at the price they go for, I would just buy another.
Money well spent
NA-771 (previous) better
NA-771 (updated) better yet
Bought both 771's and the updated version is a little better than the previous 771, meaning its a little more quiet on background noise.
Being a little more quiet makes it easier to copy conversations.
I'll really give it 4+ for being much better than the stock antenna and a little better than the previous 771. I had to purchase both just to try them and I like the updated version best - I can live with it. Will buy a couple more so all the Baofengs will have the same antenna's.
Quality/fit/finish is good. There was no gap when snugged on the radio meaning no gasket needed to take up the space.
The stock antennas are so & so, the updated 771 will hit more repeaters and convey conversation more clearly.
Well worth the few $$ for better performance.
The first one I received separated from it's base by the simple act of extending the antenna to full length. Assuming that in was simply random manufacturing defect, I ordered another. The new one separated from it's base in a different location that the first one while extending the antenna. No more chances.
The NON retractable model may be worth a try, but the poor quality of the press fitting of the joints in this retractable version make it less than worthless. Save your time and money.
My intent was to use this antenna with my Baofeng model BF-F8+ HT, which has the same antenna fitting as the Baofeng UV-5R series. I purchased this updated version Nagoya NA-771 antenna thru Amazon Prime from reseller BaoFengTech for $16.99. The product appears to be the genuine article, and even has the reseller's UPC label with their logo applied to the packaging. The shipping was fast and well packaged, I have no complaints at all with the reseller. The Nagoya product however, I have the following gripes.
1) There is still a slight gap, about the thickness of a business card, between the base of the updated antenna and the plastic shroud on the Baofeng when the antenna is fully tightened. The included rubber washer does not help, perhaps it does on some other manufacturers models. It would have been better if this had been designed like the stock rubber duck antenna where the skirt at the base of the antenna fits into the shroud on the Baofeng HT. A trip to the hardware store to pick up a 14mm OD O-Ring sealed the gap.
2) Fringe commercial FM Broadcast reception is very poor compared to the stock Baofeng antenna. Just an observation, as the manufacturer made no claim that 88-108 MHz was covered.
3) I did Not notice a marked increase in transmit or receive performance over that of the smaller stock antenna in un-obstructed areas, on either the 2meter or 70cm bands. In obstructed areas like in a car, or walking around the house, there seemed to be a very slight improvement as noticed by a decrease in signal fades and multipath flutter, however it was very slight at best to the point of being attributed to slight differences in the angle that the HT was being held.Read more ›
The first thing I did was attach it to a RigExpert AA-600 antenna analyzer, using a clean, high-quality N to SMA-male adapter that is essentially RF-transparent; (V)SWR data follow.
144.000 MHz SWR: 1.8
430.000 MHz SWR: 3.8
My most-used frequencies:
147.360 MHz SWR: 1.8
447.200 MHz SWR: 3.8
One would reasonably expect better from a quality dual-band antenna.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
works alot better than the small ant that comes with the radio, great range incress.Published 11 hours ago by Steve P.
Massive improvement over stock antennae. Reception is vastly improved.Published 2 days ago by Kevin Jackson