Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating FFII_gno

Color: Red|Size: Medium|Change

Showing 1-10 of 5,225 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 5,475 reviews
on February 17, 2015
I like the harness, as it is very soft and light. However, as mentioned by several users, it does run small. I have a Pug who is around 25-30 pounds, so I purchased the LARGE for her, and her head barely fits through the neck hole. There is still a little breathing room, so I will keep it, I just wanted to reiterate what others were cautioning about. I think it would be useful if people put their dog types/sizes in the reviews so people could cross-reference with their dogs.
review image
22 comments| 136 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 16, 2013
So, my dad is 88, and has a VERY large Maine coon cat, Sheba, who likes to accompany him outside and play on the big back lawn or the front walk while he relaxes in the sun. But she also likes to explore, and sometimes disappears around a corner, or behind some bushes or trees, and Dad has to go chase her...

So today, Father's Day, my sisters and I gave him this harness to put on her, and a Flexi retractable leash (Flexi Explore Soft Grip Retractable Cord Dog Leash, small, 26-feet long). We were worried the harness wouldn't fit or--more importantly--that it would be difficult to get on her, or be so uncomfortable she wouldn't like it. But amazingly, it was a HUGE HIT! Dad was able to put it on her in about two seconds (seriously, all you do is put it over your pet's head, then bring the straps up behind the front legs and snap them around the back). At first it looked like it might be a bit large (we got the medium dog size) and she might be able to slip out of it, but then we realized: Hey--it's adjustable!

So right now Dad is outside with Sheba, relaxing with a cup of coffee while she digs in the dirt and rolls around in the shrubs, and he doesn't have to worry about losing her or running after her. Btw, we also got a 20-foot extension he can add to the leash to give her more room to roam, but it won't arrive till tomorrow... Anyway, the harness/leash combo not only works incredibly well, it really fills a need. We couldn't be happier!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
88 comments| 247 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 26, 2016
I was looking for a cool, comfortable harness for our Bolognese since we live in Texas. He weighs about 10 pounds and is not an extreme "puller", but has a tender throat and doesn't do well with collars. Since he usually indoors or in our fenced yard, he only wears the harness for walks and on trips. The fixed collar on this harness made putting it on an taking it off much easier than his previous harness. I used the size guide for ordering the correct size and it fit perfectly. I did see a few reviews that called out sizing issues. If your dog has a larger head thaan neck, I could see this being an issue, but not an issue for us. To test for this, hold the tape measure in a loop at the largest neck size for the size that you are planning on ordering. Slip the tape over the dogs neck to make certain it will fit. This is a lighter weight harness and does well with our small dog. I am not certain hhow well it woud work with a larger dog or a "puller". Their are other models that I suspect would work better for those situations, but this was exactly what we were looking for in our case.
on July 18, 2013
I bought this harness about 5 years ago for my pup. After many, many excursions to the beach and countless hours of playing in the ocean, it was time for another. This harness holds up great! I must say, my dog gave it a run for it's money.
I originally bought it in an XXL because that was the original size that fit him. When I received the XXL this go around, it was HUGE on him. I decided to give it to a larger dog in my family and buy a size down. The straps on the XL are much narrower (about 1") than the XXL (about 1.5").
The XL fits my 50 lb dog well. It is a bit snug but I know it will stretch out a bit. The XXL will fit a dog around 70-90lbs. I really think that there should be a size in between the XL and XXL because of the drastic size difference.

This is a great harness for the beach. Regular harnesses tend to chafe with the salt water and sand. This one does not. As long as you hand wash it with soap and water and hang it to dry after it is exposed to the ocean, the metal d-ring won't rust for a very long time.

It is hard to find a mesh harness for larger breed dogs without a million clips and heavyweight buckles which defeat the point of a lightweight harness. This one, in my opinion, is simple and perfect.
on July 31, 2015
I bought two of these harnesses for my cats so that I could tether them so they could enjoy the outdoors safely on my balcony. I liked the idea of this harness because it looked comfortable and with cats anything you put on them (especially something uncomfortable) they turn into little escape artists!

Pros: The harness was definitely comfortable enough for my cats to move around freely. My one cat took a liking to the harness because she had no problem walking around (my other cat had issues and refused to walk in it but that was the cats fault more so than the harness). The waste was adjustable so I could somewhat tighten and customize the fit.

Cons: The largest complaint I had for this product was that the small / extra small were still a little too large at the neck (which again isn't really the harnesses fault because they are meant to be used for dogs) however what I didn't like about this is that you could not adjust the neck opening so while you could fit the harness around the waste it was too loose at the neck. I don't think this is specific to cats because my girlfriend brought her small dog over and we had the same problem with him. My bigger con is that it didn't securely fit the cat - while all was well and good the cat didn't struggle to get out of it, but when my cat was spooked by a loud noise, within 2.3 seconds she was out of that harness completely - free and clear! this posed a huge safety issue that really concerned me.

ALL in all - I like the harness and I like the Puppia company a lot - my solution for this was to get a harness made by puppie where you could adjust the neck as well as the waste belt: Puppie RiteFit harness. I will post a review on this one as well!
VINE VOICEon August 6, 2014
This is an outstanding harness! I have been searching for a quality, easy to use harness to use specifically in the car for safe travel for years. I've had to buy, replace, return many different brands due to the poor quality of materials, or complication of getting it on/off, or adjusting the size properly. None of these issues have been a problem with the Puppia Soft Dog Harness.

I have two large golden retrievers (60 & 75 pounds with strong good size retriever chests), and the Puppia XXL size is perfect. The length around the chest is generous, allowing you to adjust it just right. The straps that go under & across the chest are designed like a dog collar, so there's no loose flaps hanging getting in the way. The harness slips over the head, the straps connect under the armpits along the chest. There is one snap buckle (like a dog collar), and you're done. It's so fast & easy, there's no time for your dog to dance around or avoid the process. The provided sizing chart is really helpful (check online), and took the guesswork out of choosing the right size.

The harness is light yet study & strong. There's a multitude of colors to choose from. The black, and the brown are really sharp looking. For a perfect safety system, I paired this harness up with the PetBuckle Kwik-Connect Tether for the Universal Travel Harness Pet Seat Belt, 1-Inch by 30-Inch.
on July 7, 2016
I carefully measured both my puppy's neck and HEAD (I measured his head two different ways) and his chest (knowing that his head is currently significantly larger than his neck). Based on his measurements, I ordered a Medium. It does not even come CLOSE to going over his head! I measured the opening of the harness and the number they give you for head size is the size of the harness itself NOT of teh head size that it will go over. With return shipping charges, it will cost me 50% of the purchase price to return it, which is ridiculous, especially since I *did* measure and trusted their measurements. I will keep it and hope that I find someone who can use it, but I will likely replace it with another brand of harness, because now I don't know if I can trust any of their measurements. That is a shame, because I really liked the styling of this harness and the color choices.
on April 6, 2016
This harness is made of a comfortable, breathable fabric. The straps are made of the same material as most. For some reason the side stars keep rolling and folding making it uncomfortable for my dog. It seems like it digs into his belly. I may have purchased the wrong size so I am not 100% sure it's the fault of the harness. But Im not sure if my dog was any bigger or smaller that the strap wouldn't do the same thing.

My dog is a tugger so when he pulls on the leash there is a huge gap between his back and the inside of the harness, about 3".

Its doing its job which is to hold my dog but I like to leave his harness on him all day so I feel bad leaving him in something that doesn't look very comfortable. I do plan on getting him a new harness to replace this one but I will be keeping this one as a back up. It may have worked better if I just put it on him for his walks.

Another thing I didn't love is that fur and lint seem to stick to the chest area. I tried to lint troll it off but it didn't work very well.

The buckles work well and are pretty easy to snap on or off. I had a harness from when he was a puppy that would snap on so hard it would scare the both of us lol so I was happy to not have to deal with that with this one.

Overall a decent harness. I don't think I would repurchase it but it may work better for smaller dogs. I have a 40lbs english bulldog.
on January 27, 2016
My Irish Terrier is about 22" high at the shoulder. The breed is naturally bigger around the chest. He's 40 lbs. In the world of dogs, I would categorize him as a medium-sized dog. However, size LARGE in this harness is what fits him. Our old harness, though similar in size, was very rigid in it's sewing and spanned too far across the front of his chest. This ended up rubbing on the inside of his front legs. He didn't say this was the reason he didn't like it [wink] but appeared to me, a contributing factor to the irritation. THIS harness, however, was thoughtfully designed with the dog in mind. It's light, yet sturdy enough where it needs to be and it does not rub or irritate. My dog doesn't mind wearing this one. The quality is very good. For those few who claim it isn't, I'd bet it's the dog who takes THEM for a walk and not the other way around; they got other problems. In the final analysis, this harness provides an effective, light weight, comfortable fit your dog will surely appreciate. The price make this an excellent value!
on May 19, 2017
I have two of these harnesses in size XL for my two standard poodles. They both weigh between 60-65 lbs each and I have one male and one female. They both have deep sweeping chests as poodles do and the XL is perfect for them. I have them in dark blue and purple. The dark blue one we've had for over and year and it is still in great shape. I like how breathable and light they are on hot days. Poodles have thicker coats depending on their cut, so I don't want them in anything that makes them too hot. They run in these for hours at the dog park. I switched to harnesses to not have so much pull against their necks. They do great in them.