Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Wonder Woman now available on Blu-ray, 3D, and 4K Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 43 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2010, 1:18:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2010, 6:50:38 AM PST
So, you're an author?

Then why not have your books read and reviewed at TheBookManiac.com AND on Amazon.com . . . FOR FREE?

Big publisher, self publisher, seasoned author, first-time author, fiction or non-fiction, The Book Maniac is here to read and review.

The Book Maniac (TBM) is a new blog of book reviews AND a group of carefully selected reviewers (male and female, between the ages of 20 and 35) from different countries, backgrounds, ethnicities, and literary tastes.

Authors, here's our commitment to you:

We only review good books, so if we feel a particular book deserves less than 4 stars on Amazon, we simply will not review it. The Book Maniac is about giving credit to great works, not about trashing works that need improvement. So, a 4-star review means the book is GREAT, and a 5-star review means the book is AWESOME.

We guarantee that before labeling a particular book as "not worth reviewing", WE WILL READ the first 50 pages at the very least (even if they make our eyes bleed). We are quite forgiving with typos and will not even mention tiny mistakes if they're sporadic and far apart. We are here to review good stories from good authors, not to review the authors' editors.

Most importantly, all reviews are FREE.

For contact info, mailing address, etc, hit our website (the book maniac DOT com). Also, reply to this post with a product link to the book you wish us to review and a means to communicate with you.

At the moment, we're accepting pretty much anything "except" chick lit and religion. We have a keen interest in modern literature, political thrillers, action adventures, ghosts and UFOs, conspiracy, multicultural stories and memoirs, comedy, historical, and fiction/non-fiction based on current events in any continent.

We've already begun to raise interest from all kinds of authors, so get in while the line is short!

Posted on Nov 22, 2010, 1:58:57 PM PST
CassieP says:
Oh no! Do you not review modern romance novels? I have written one and I need a review please.

IF LOVING YOU WAS EASY
By Cassandra M. Porter

This book is about three women's journeys through relationships, told through the narrative perspective of the characters themselves.
The story takes you through their thoughts. It's about their feelings, emotions, pain and hurt. Their fears, rejection, love and tribulations. It looks at the emotions involved in giving into love, surrendering to the strong emotional ties which are formed. But not all feelings of love are meant to be as the characters find out.

Janet Llyod, has been secretly in love with her bestfriend Marcus since they first met in college. However returning from Luton Marcus evokes some suppressed feelings within Janet which she has been hiding since the night she kicked him out of her hotel room three years ago. Will she be able to control her real feelings or will his secret prevent her from confessing her undying love?

Keshia Maxwell, is the fun attractive woman, trying to hold on to a relationship that has already failed. But this time he will change, he promised and love should conquer all. But he hasn't changed and she realises that she may just be number two for the rest of her life. However, she has secrets too; her past hasn't always rendered her faithful! Will she commit to the end or will she continue to look for a plan B? But will her impatience cause her to be left with nothing?

Leyah Rogers is no longer Reese's doormat! Although he was perfect for her, it was all a lie, and he had deceived her in the worst way possible. After finding out that he was engaged to another woman while they were together, she promised never to let a man hurt her again.
Although they have a three year old daughter, she was not about to be the `other' woman! There would be no playing `happy families'.
Being vigilant has always worked for her, and she had built up her immunity towards all men and tarnished them all with the same brush. But she never expected that her true love was right in front of her all along.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/If-Loving-You-Was-Easy/dp/144905109X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8

Posted on Nov 22, 2010, 3:16:12 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 22, 2010, 3:17:39 PM PST
Hi Cassandra, thank you for replying to my thread. Unfortunately we're not reviewing romance novels at the moment, but this doesn't mean we won't in the future!

Our wishlist is a pretty good indication of the type of stuff we've currently got on the menu, but hopefully we'll continue generating interest from more authors!

http://www.amazon.com/registry/wishlist/34AA1MWWMGZ84/

This is by no means a definite list (we'll be adding stuff as we come across it). We're open to titles we haven't even heard of and we don't care if the books are written by first time authors in a basement a or by famous writers in Malibu villas. We're just looking for entertaining reads that can spark meaningful discussions in the topics we listed on our first post.

As we gain popularity, we'll be able to recruit one or two more book maniacs to review romance and fantasy novels only. At the moment we're reading all books out loud, so we need to stick to the genres we agreed to start with.

In the meantime, you might want to check out a website called teensreadtoo. They have a pool of teenage girls reviewing for them and I'm sure they'll be interested in your title.

Good hunting!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 9, 2011, 2:14:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2011, 2:17:39 PM PST
Hi, Ive self published my 1st book. Its about my abilities as a spirit medium. Entitled "A Calling of Angels"
Fran Hollis-Powles is a remarkable woman and this, in her own words, is the fascinating story of her life as a medium.

Her journey began at the tender age of five when she first became aware of her spirit guides and began to realise that she was different to other children her age. The images that she saw, often portrayed events that were yet to unfold were so vivid and real to her, along with the spirit people that made their presence known and the accompanying voices that whispered in her ear.

'You have a great deal to do in this lifetime and many tasks to fulfil' was the message that was given by her unseen helpers - a message that has long since been proven true. For Fran has travelled far and wide demonstrating her gifts, bringing comfort and hope to countless people across the world. From her native Wales to the far-off shores of America, through hauntings and crime investigations to providing comfort to the bereaved, the demand for her mediumship has taken her on a journey that few ever experience, enabling the wonderful evidence of life after death to be witnessed by many in search of answers.

In this modern age of the celebrity psychic, there is a scarcity of 'old school' mediums - those who can prove consistently beyond doubt, the existence of the afterlife -Fran however, is one such individual and her compelling stories of real-life events with keep the reader on the edge of their seat!
So, would you be kind enough to review my book? Please do let me know what proceedures are expected.
Regards Fran H.Powles

Posted on Mar 10, 2011, 4:21:15 AM PST
Hi Frances, we would love to review your story!

Please send us an e-mail to "admin @ the book maniac . com" (without spaces) or use the contact form on our website and we'll get back to you with a mailing address and such.

Looking forward to it!

TBM

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2011, 5:02:46 AM PST
CAV says:
Need

I am also sending a note to your admin. You can always reach me at cacondley at gmail.

Thank you for your consideration.
Chris

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 11, 2011, 11:52:14 PM PST
Chibimuffin says:
Hi BM,
I'm in the process of getting a copyright and ISBN (not sure if it's even necessary for an e-book possibly doing P.O.D. if people like it) for a Fiction/Fantasy Novel I've completed, but it's in manuscript form at the moment. I've been a little hesitant about even wanting to go through the self-publishing process when all of this seems so daunting... Would your group be willing for me to send it out to them for review in its unfinished form to see what they think (even if it's negative/needs improvement feedback)? And if so, would you mind giving some hints on how to go through all of this to actually get it up and going? lol

Thanks Tons!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 4, 2012, 12:29:52 PM PST
"Airplane Driver," by Gilbert A. Cargill

His story takes the reader on a journey of how he became the primary instructor for the famed Tuskegee Airmen. He logged more than 50,000 flight hours and never had an accident. He received the Congressional Medal, posthumusly, along with many other Tuskegee Airmen, a few years ago, for their efforts.

When he was a young boy, growing up in Oberlin, Ohio, he saw a barnstormer that made a forced landing in a farmer's field. He and several young friends heard of this event and went out to investigate, For young Gil, this was to have a permanent and profound impact on him and foretold of things to come.

His flight training started as soon as he was able to earn enough money to pay for it. Initially, because of his race, he could not find an airport that would instruct him.

In 1936, Gil Cargill graduated from Oberlin College where he majored in Mathematics and minored in Physics.

While student teaching, he enrolled in the Civil Pilot Training(CPT) program which was sponsored by the federal government to fulfill the need for pilots for the impeding war, World War 11.

Undaunted by his previous experience with flight instruction, he focused on CPT program and made it through with a commission of Second lieutenant/primary Flight Instructor.

His initial assigment was at Maxwell Army Air Corps Base in Montegomery, Alabama. When he arrived and presented his papers issued by the U.S. Government, he was refused entrance onto the base. He was told that "Negroes do not teach here." Ultimately, he was assigned to Tuskegee Moton Field.

At Tuskegee, he was primary instructor of flight training, As a consequence of his ability to speak French, fluently, he was given a special assignment in insturcting an attachment of pilots from Haiti.

Posted on Jan 4, 2012, 1:50:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 4, 2012, 1:51:13 PM PST
That is great stuff Darlene! I'm personally a fan of the Tuskegee Airmen and for sure I'm going to love this one. That's a great synopsis.

Please get in touch with us via our blog. We'll be happy to review your book.

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 7:47:44 AM PST
Harmsworth says:
Dear Book Maniac,
I have written a message to you but despite trying several times, I have been unable to send it. I wrote it specially for you but it is 565 words long...which maybe why it wouldn't go?
Please would you be so kind as to email me so that I may email my message directly to you?
Thanking you for your time.
Yours Sincerely,
Atalanta
P.S. I have had to post this here as this message also refused to go!
Please would you email me on - info@ingeborgcreations.com

Posted on Mar 9, 2012, 10:05:00 AM PST
I've Already Met The Devil & I've Already Met the Devil

Dear Book Maniac,

My name is Shauna Carlson and I represent R.K. Price, Author of Fine Historical Novels (www.rkprice.com).

In Feb, R.K. Price just released Volume 2 of I've Already Met the Devil -- An American Life, Two American Wars

The lives, loves, triumphs and tragedies of a Colorado immigrant family

ALEXANDRIA, VA - R. K. Price's debut novel weaves an intricate, sophisticated tale, based on fact, about an immigrant Sicilian family who escapes the poverty and strife of their Mediterranean homeland for the promises of a better life in America.

In, I've Already Met the Devil (Volume 1 was published by iUniverse) Price uses the lives and experiences of two brothers of that family to delve deeply into early and mid 20th century Colorado history to reveal how the region was corrupted and controlled by some of America's major crime figures of their day. Through the blood and tears of those brothers Price explores the rise and eventual decline of mob influence in the West and how the former steel city of Pueblo became the mafia's center of corruption and power.

But Price's book goes much further than a treatise on the Sicilian/American mafia. Price examines how the family learns to cope and finally thrive in small town pre and post World War II America. It's a bootstrap story of their rise out of poverty, sending the youngest son Johnny off to fight Hitler in Europe while the oldest, Carlo, remains at home to work in the steel mill. While Johnny is away Carlo shields his family against the vice, awaiting their brother's return against a backdrop of a growing mob menace that threatens to destroy them from within.

I've Already Met the Devil also follows the personal and largely factual exploits of Johnny, who at 17 volunteers after Pearl Harbor and becomes a paratrooper with the Army's famed 101st Airborne Division. On the front lines Johnny stares down the devil many times, bound to survive and return home to find peace and tranquility with the family he adores. But awaiting him is another devil; this one just as evil and deadly as those he defeated on the battlefield afar. But these brothers don't fight their two wars alone. As Price explains, "It's the women in their lives who mold and shape their character. It's their women who fortify them and give I've Already Met the Devil its greater depth and style.

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
R.K. Price is a Colorado native. He lived in Pueblo for a number of years, earning his way through college as a radio/television and newspaper reporter. He moved north to Denver in the mid 70s, joining a major advertising/public relations firm as an account executive. Later, he formed his own media relations and political consulting firm. He spent the early 1980s in Washington D.C. actively involved in national politics, and returned to Denver in the mid 80s to become an investment and mortgage banker -- a profession he remains in today. He has lived in the Washington D.C. area since the mid 90s.

I look forward to hearing if your are interested in reviewing R.K. Price's debut novel.

Posted on May 30, 2012, 7:46:42 AM PDT
Janet Mackie says:
I have a book "in progress" final edit etc probably be ready by the end of the year! Can I get on waiting list etc.? I would like a review so I could (possibly) use it to promote and just to get someone elses take on how well the book reads.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012, 1:12:09 PM PDT
T. Nash says:
What a lovely website you have! My compliments to the designer!

Posted on Jun 12, 2012, 7:14:37 PM PDT
Dear Book Maniac

I wanted to follow up with you regarding my previous post requesting your consideration to review R.K. Price's debut novel I've Already Met the Devil

I look forward to hearing of you are interested.

Posted on Jun 13, 2012, 9:09:54 PM PDT
S. A. S. L. says:
What about paranormal? I have some Kindle books available for free.
NightFall (NightFall: Book One)
Talks with God
The Enchanted Forest
Children's Haunted Stories
The Petersons' Attic

Posted on Jun 17, 2012, 11:50:27 PM PDT
Shauna Carlson, we've got a couple of maniacs interested in reviewing your book. Please contact us via our website so we can get back to you with an address to mail your book to.

Darlene Johnson, we never received a message from you and would love to review your book. Please contact us via our website.

PS: We've been receiving quite a few review requests for titles with religious or teenage fantasy themes or that are only available via lulu.com or kindle. Sorry, but we don't review those. And remember, before sending a request for a review, check out this page to see what we're looking for:

(the book maniac DOT com)/get-a-free-book-review/

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2012, 7:37:23 PM PDT
Nella Selwob says:
We have a book of childrens' stories written for the grandchildren,very positive & happy with great vocabulary & action. Are you interested?
Walter Bowles

Posted on Sep 12, 2012, 7:39:22 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 6, 2012, 7:34:12 PM PST]

Posted on Sep 21, 2012, 8:33:58 PM PDT
RK Price Author of Fine Historical Novels had an interview

check out http://lauries-interviews.blogspot.com/2012/09/the-thunderbird-conspiracy-by-rk-price.html

Posted on Sep 22, 2012, 5:26:10 AM PDT
Due to a change of circumstances, the book maniacs will not be reviewing any more titles at this time. New members of the club are bringing in their own books and are more interested in discussing them than in writing reviews about them. :(

Posted on Oct 14, 2012, 8:14:20 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 14, 2012, 8:18:36 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2013, 9:44:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2013, 9:45:25 PM PDT
Jaydeep says:
Serving you

Hi, hope you like the book. I look forward to your review

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2013, 6:54:30 PM PDT
angela says:
What is with the ageism? Would you really not hire someone who was 36? I am a whopping one year older than that and of course getting older by the day. Strange guidelines. I have not found young writers to be top notch personally.Usually they are still learning how to write and wish they didn't live with their parents, but good luck to you and your parents.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013, 9:45:06 AM PDT
How To Make Cash Fast: Fun and Legal Ways to Earn More Money In a Weekend (abundance series)

Would love to trade reviews with other authors.
Thanks for the important work you do.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 18, 2013, 9:47:16 AM PDT
How To Make Cash Fast: Fun and Legal Ways to Earn More Money In a Weekend (abundance series)

Would like to trade buys and reviews with other authors. Thanks for your important work.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  27
Total posts:  43
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2010
Latest post:  Oct 27, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers