Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: AutoCAD 2012 For Dummies
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM

Format: Paperback|Change

on April 30, 2011
AutoCAD For Mac users should be aware that AutoCAD 2012 For Dummies is written for the Windows version of AutoCAD. There are too many differences in both user interface and capabilities to cover both versions in the space I had available - not to mention the fact that, at time of writing, I'd be covering 2012 for Windows and 2011 for Mac. So, if you're a Mac user, I recommend George Omura's Mastering AutoCAD For Mac.

I'd rather not have had to rate my own book, but I had to give it something so I averaged its value from the viewpoint of a Mac user (1 star) and that of a Windows user (5 stars, of course!!).
66 comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2011
What a awesome book. Just purchased the book and is very easy to follow for the beginner such as I. You gave me the tools to be up and running in very little time. Can't wait to get into the intermediate parts. keep up the great work. It was with your honest review that I made the decision to purchase your fine book.
Happy AutoCAD User
on August 29, 2011
Great book! I read this book almost everyday when I have a question on CAD or need to figure something out. Use to run CAD 2005 and when I made the transition into 2012, the book really helped.
on January 30, 2012
Unlike a lot of Dummies books, this one does not suffer from too much cheery, chatty nonsense that can drive someone who really wants to learn something crazy. AutoCad is a complex program but this books walks one through it and you can learn how to use the program competently with this book.
on October 30, 2011
I find all Dummies books extremely helpful.
AutoCad for Dummies is, in particular, the one
book of this collection, that i find very
easy to follow, it almost feels that someone
takes you by the hand and guides you. I am grateful
to Autocad for Dummies as I am now able to keep
up at class.
on December 10, 2013
I had to learn to use autocad in one week... this was a huge help. I am now extremely proficient with ACAD 2012 and I always have this book as a reference on my desk in case I have questions. Highly recommend this for anyone trying to do a crash course in ACAD.
on May 28, 2013
The book is well layered, starting from the 'basics' and advancing up to the master's level. Easy to follow and it does offer practice links for you to play with and hone your newly acquired knowledge and skill. I highly recommend it over trying to following the program supplied handbook. That publication always assume you already know CAD. I didn't.

GO FOR IT!
on March 15, 2012
I bought this book for work purposes, and it has helped me learn the basics of AutoCad LT. The one down side is that you cannot easily thumb through it for the information you need, because there is background you need to know- and that is probably as a result of the program. Easy to follow and entertaining.
on August 19, 2013
It could have gone into a little more depth and a better glossary. I'm slowing learning AutoCad after an 8 year hiatas.
on February 18, 2014
I bought it for my husband & he's never even cracked it. It's probably a good book but I personally haven't used AutoCAD. I need to look for someone to pass it along to that might get some use out of it. DH keeps claiming he'll get around to it someday.