- Paperback: 544 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (June 17, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118603974
- ISBN-13: 978-1118603970
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 1.1 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.7 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (46 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #142,363 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
AutoCAD 2014 For Dummies 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Featured resources for tech professionals
Explore these featured titles, sponsored by Springer. Learn more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Set up the AutoCAD environment
- Create your first drawing, add text, and manage properties
- Build amazing 2D and 3D models in no time
Master AutoCAD essentials with help from this book and start creating marvelous models
You've heard AutoCAD is complex? True, but this book is not. Here are the essentials you need to get started with AutoCAD and its cousin, AutoCAD LT. See how to use lines, add text, dimensions, and hatching to a drawing, learn what CAD does with geometry, and then print your work. Soon you'll be moving into 3D mode and headed for AutoCAD mastery!
- Meet AutoCAD find your way around the AutoCAD interface and embark on an exercise that shows you how to create a basic drawing
- Be objective learn about the object properties and CAD precision techniques necessary to draw and edit objects
- Devil in the details discover dimensioning, hatching, and how to add text to provide all the details a contractor needs
- You're no island explore the features that allow you to share drawings and data or reuse parts of drawings
- Go 3D check out the 3D modeling environment and start creating solid models
Open the book and find:
- The most efficient way to create drawings in AutoCAD 2014
- All about zooming and panning
- How CAD sees geometry
- Things to know about plotting
- Ways to maintain the intent of your design
- How to move around the 3D environment
- System resources to set up AutoCAD
- Tips for using the command line
About the Author
Bill Fane is an Autodesk Authorized Training Center certified instructor who holds 12 U.S. patents. He has spent a lifetime in the engineering field. David Byrnes began his drafting career with a pencil and T-square. He taught AutoCAD for 15 years, and authored five previous editions of AutoCAD For Dummies.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I would recommend buying more books on CAD exercises if you'd like to advance on to 3D modeling.