Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on March 17, 2014
And save the others for another day. I read this on my kindle when I have to wait for something or someone. Twain's observations and monologues are just short enough to fill those spaces of time. Twain is very fresh and very relevant to today. The man may have been hell to live with, but his sharp observations about life, government, religion are keenly relevant to here and now. Buy this and put it on yur kindle. You will never be bored waiting again.
on December 2, 2012
This is a remarkablee book. Mark Twain had a remarkable life. Rags to riches and back to rags again. He was a very deep philosophical man. He loved his country and he loved his family. More of a patriot than Ben Franklin, he made a difference in the world with his ability to communicate so well. I can see the reason he was phenomon in his owne time and will remain so for many generations.
on November 2, 2016
Some interesting and fun to read and other parts were hard to hold my interest.
on May 20, 2014
This was written more like a running diary than an autobiography. It was very disorangized. I enjoyed his inclusion of his daughter's writing than I did his. No wonder he required a long time span before its release. I was very disappointed.
on November 22, 2013
I received the hard-cover edition as a gift, but at over 1000 pages, it's a "hefty" book to try to read in bed!! ...so I downloaded and read the Kindle edition (MUCH easier to hold!), but - sadly - it lacks the photographs. Otherwise, it's great!
on April 4, 2013
Mark Twain's writings are among my favorites, and he truly deserves to be considered an American literary icon. It was nice to see the other sign of Mark Twain's pen.
on March 11, 2015
Samuel was a veery clever marketer. Bravo!
on December 6, 2012
Some good stories and a good insight into the real world of Sam Clemens, but don't expect "Huck Finn."

I got a lot more from the History Channel's version.
on November 22, 2013
I guess too much time has past for this book to interest me. I just couldn't get into. I was dissappointed.
on January 12, 2013
Most autobiographies are usually have an air of gloom, sadness, and solemn thoughtfulness. A totally different take here, this book takes you into a long lost world of bright sunlight, a green earth, a gentle and graceful people. Even the death of his daughter, at the age of twenty four, which hits hard on account of suddenness and the love and affection with which author indulgently refers to her biography of legendary father, is not able to affect utopian mood of the book. Must read when you are down,hit hard by life.