- File Size: 1033 KB
- Print Length: 272 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Formax Publishing (August 27, 2008)
- Publication Date: August 27, 2008
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B001EWEB5I
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #298,240 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
An Autobiography: The Story of My Experiments With Truth Kindle Edition
Item Under Review
This book is currently unavailable because there are significant quality issues with the source file supplied by the publisher.
The publisher has been notified and we will make the book available as soon as we receive a corrected file. As always, we value customer feedback.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Great historical detail of colonial India, living in England and South Africa. A must read for anyone interested in Mr. Gandhi or that period of history.
The book has also influenced greatly the way I view life. A very spiritually uplifting book, even for non-Hindus.
God, as Truth, has been for me a treasure beyond price. May He be so to every one of us.
An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it.
Truth is by nature self-evident. As soon as you remove the cobwebs of ignorance that surround it, it shines clear.
Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.
Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
I believe in the fundamental truth of all great religions of the world.
In short, Gandhi teaches that it doesn't take an army to learn the truth, nor does it take an army to become a part of that truth. His story explains that an individual dedicated to the empowerment of honesty and love can overcome any violence or hatred that can exist. It is within this context that one can use this book to change themselves.
This book starts with Gandhi's birth & ends somewhere around the end of the first world war. The language, in the second decade of the twenty first century, seems a little archaic. I cannot seem to recollect if this work was penned by Gandhi much like a diary written regularly or he wrote it down all together at a certain time. If it is the latter, then Gandhi definitely possessed a very remarkable memory. Of mirth & humor, there is very little.
By & large, there are some traits that consistently emerge. Conviction definitely stands out. Needless to say, there are many principles that Gandhi espoused that have stood the test of time - non-violence, satyagraha, non-cooperation etc - however, certain others really appear awfully obstinate - like refusal to take medicines regardless of the criticality of the disease, emphasizing building character in children at the cost of regular grammar & arithmetic, his fascination with the spinning wheel etc.
However, the most outstanding trait in all of this is Gandhi's scrupulous honesty. And it is from this that his great courage emerges.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I like Gandhiji. So I am very much interested in his life. I liked the way how he is honest and truthful.I expected more about the freedom strugglesPublished 4 days ago by Amazon Customer
It is a good book to read if you who want to know more about Mahatma Gandhi. It is not a complete autobiography and does not cover all events in history during the freedom... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Sreekanth P
This book is of great help in understanding Gandhi's life and his philosophy.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I'm still only 70% of the way through the book partly because I am reading every single word and tryiing to learn the Indian words he is explalning to luus readers.. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Golfer & Skier
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical > Asia > India & South Asia
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Philosophers
- Books > History > Asia > India
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Political
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Leaders & Notable People > Presidents & Heads of State
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Biographies & Memoirs > Professionals & Academics > Philosophers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > History > Asia > India
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Politics & Social Sciences > Philosophy > Ethics & Morality