Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 17 reviews
on May 28, 2013
I have a relative that I care for who lives alone and is addicted to pain medications and anti-anxiety meds. Every month she would run out of one or both medications several days early, causing her to have withdrawals. The doctor started prescribing only two weeks at a time, but still she would run out early. I looked at several different locking medication dispensers, gasping at the price of this one. But when I called the company that makes it, as well as several other models, they said that this was the only one that was meant for people on pain meds. The others were too easy to break into. So I bit the bullet and bought this one. At first my relative hated the idea of this. She didn't want me controlling her medications and threatened to "smash it with a hammer." But now, after a couple of months of use, she says she loves it! "No wonder I took more than I was supposed to before," she said, "because sometimes I forget when I've taken them.
I couldn't be happier with the results. No more frantic calls to me trying to get the doctor to giver her her prescription early. No more withdrawals every couple of weeks.

The reason I didn't give this five stars is the construction. Although it has functioned just fine so far, I'm a little worried that the belt on which the medications rest is going to give out, as it's made of a somewhat flimsy material. Also, if she really did want to smash it with a hammer, she could, and there would be a lot of money down the drain. Although the man from the company said they deliberately made it so the person could see the medications in there and be assured that there would be more, I worry that some people might find it too tempting to smash it with a hammer to get to the meds that are right there. The other problem is that a couple of times little bits of some of the pills have been broken off. Maybe they get pushed against other pills as the belt moves. But all in all, this device does the job it's supposed to do. I still think the price is a bit much for what you get, and I think the company is taking advantage of the fact that they're the only product on the market that fills this function.
33 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 6, 2016
DO NOT PURCHASE FOR ADDICTION/REHABILITAION USE!!!! This machine is easily accessed in under a minute WITHOUT DAMAGING THE MACHINE AND ACCESS IS COMPLETELY UNDETECTABLE EXCEPT FOR ADDICT REMOVING PILLS!! Obviously, you have to figure out how to do so, but if you try, you'll soon be able to access it in no time. This is the problem, an addict is very likely to attempt to gain access. If this attempt is made, you now have a very expensive NON-TAMPER PROOF machine. It's disgusting that the company markets this as tamper-proof. As for other reasons you may have for using this, it might be great. However, if your reason is prevent access, you're wasting your money and will be saddened of the outcome.
on September 10, 2015
I had left a previous review regarding this machine that highlighted some design flaws that hindered the "tamper proof" aspects of this device. My father is an elderly retired engineer. He suffers from Alzheimer's disease, and cannot reliably take his medications.

This machine is great for organizing medications for anyone with multiple medications. It stores and dispenses 4 doses a day, set at time intervals you designated, for an entire week. The medication is protected in the machine, and has a level of security that is acceptable. I've had issues in the past with this machine, as my father was able to break into it several ways and gain access to his medication.

The customer service and manufacturing of this device is excellent, as the addresses all my concerns. I mailed them the machine, and they added an additional security lock to my machine, which has solved all my problems. If you have any issues, please contact them. They will promptly address any issues.

The price is a bit high, but it does provide help with organization of medication, and offers some level of protection. It's a substantial sized machine (some of the similar machines are smaller and more fragile) and does what it says. Out of the box, it's not 100% tamper proof, but it can be fixed at the manufacturers request. Thank you.
on September 30, 2014
My dad has had Parkinson's for 16 years and needs his meds very timely and without fail. My mom is his primary caregiver. At 80 she still works 1/2 time and takes care of him and their house and yard. Needless to say she's very busy so she'd get a little off schedule and sometimes confused and that was not a good thing for my dad. With this machine my husband can load my dad's meds once a week and for the most part he gets them on time and accurately. Unfortunately, she's managed to unplug the machine once (had to charge her phone!) and the batteries died and couldn't be salvaged. Also, the machine won't dispense the next scheduled pills if you don't give the current ones so even though the alarm is loud she's been known to not hear it, ignore it, or worse yet pull out the drawer and not dispense any or all of the meds and then put it back in! So, this is the best (although expensive) thing we've found so far and we are much happier than with something that mom could tamper with and mess up even worse. Dad is doing much better on the med routine using the machine! I guess the missing fifth star says more about the user than the machine.
on January 14, 2012
I purchased this machine for my Mother. I checked out several, but this is the best. Tamper proof which makes it great for elderly parents that can't remember if they have taken their meds and try to take more. Her Health Care Provider loved it also. I had to take it in to them so they could check it out and set the schedule up for disbursing and they really liked it. It has eliminated the questioning(and arguments) of whether she got them or not. I recommend it for any person that needs their meds controled and doesn't want to pay for someone to come and dispense them. Love it! Worth every $$!
on October 7, 2015
A must for caregivers. Stops bi-polar son from making mistake by taking too many pills while manic and ending up in hospital. Dispenses pills on time, and always reminds patient. Fast delivery and excellent customer technical support! Was always there and very patient with me. Used for one month, so far, so good. Save yourself a headache and get it!
on September 13, 2016
I purchased this for my mother since she had trouble remembering when and how many pills to take. She has been using it for four days and it is working great. The dispenser is quite expensive, but worth the price for a piece of mind. No more wondering if she has taken her meds or even if she has taken the correct amount. Very happy so far.
on October 28, 2016
I love it and the company backs there product and if you need something fixed the fix it. Great buy.
on February 28, 2013
We were kind of nervous spending this kind of money on a pill dispenser but it was exactly what we needed so we ordered it on a Thursday and got it the very next day. Initial set up was easy and intuitive. However, the rotating belt that dispenses the medication was jammed, and did not work. I waited until Monday and called the toll-free number and explained the problem, and the very polite lady on the other end told us they would ship a replacement unit out straight away, and they did. On Tuesday we recieved it, and this one works fine. They also sent a pre-paid packing label so returning the defective one did not cost us a dime. We are very happy with this level of customer support, and with the unit itself, which will make life much easier around here since we won't have to think about when to take medications. As for the dispenser itself, it is not at all ugly, and everything is easy to read, and anyone can set it up! Expensive but well worth it if you need a secure place to keep your meds.
on October 24, 2014
Not only good for pain meds, but also for my elderly mother who either forgets or takes too many pills.