Other Sellers on Amazon
This item is available because of the Add-on program
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
The United States Army began developing a procedure to bring back the dead with the purpose of having them fight instead of the living. The testing takes a horrific turn and an experimental town quickly becomes overtaken by zombies. Three desperate high school students decide to fight back in a battle for survival.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Read reviews that mention
Showing 1-4 of 95 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
-do not watch a zombie flick with high expectations, so if its good you'll be surprised
-usually when the movie has a dark worn out look during the movie due to the camera it was shot with, get ready for sub par acting and a lot of "WTF's!" moments
the rest you can fill in with your personal taste
But this movie, did okay for the budget it was given, which is not really saying much. They did good job adding a lot zombies to make it look like a lots going on, just so they can cover up certain inperfections, one of the characters (the black guy) picks up a chainsaw but doesnt turn it on, you dont hear it, but somehow hes cutting down zombies.........??????? There were one or two cool effects, horrible make-up for the zomibes( white powder on the face and Fake blood) some scenes looked obvious that they squirted blood on sheets and on the wall, and the ending.....SPOILER ALERT!!!, SPOILER ALERT!!! It ends in a "to be continued'.............. As if I want to wait for the second one to know what happens and waste my time.
If you like watching movies that leave you with questions..... like "Why didnt I turn this off 45 mins into movie?" this is for you.
Now as far as the movie is concerned, it was good for what it was, a zombie splatter bloodbath. It wasn't nearly as bad as most of the reviews on here, however the ending did kinda suck (I won't give it away, you can see for yourself). I would have rated this movie between a 3-1/2 and 4 stars but I docked it a point for not being an enhanced presentation...
So, if you could care less about the screen specs and are a zombie fan, I say give this a shot. The blood definitely splatters all over the place and since it is pretty much non-stop, I never got bored.
1) ACTING: The acting in this zombie opus was pretty good. While the viewer is forced to deal with the usual stereotypical characters, (the cool dude, the dork, the hot chick, etc.) the actors, for the most part, made their respective characters pretty realistic. However, I must mention that I thought a number of the actors looked a little long in the tooth to be playing high school kids.
2) PRODUCTION: I think this is where there will be a lot of dissention between viewers. The blood and gore is plentful, and the action is fast and furious. The movie is filmed with a grainy film resolution, which combined with the jerky, fast moving camera movements and angles, made more that one scene difficult to see. The jerky, hand held camera movements did not bother me to the point of nausea, but I did occassionally wish for a NON shakey moment, just so I could focus my eyes. The zombie make up was minimal and looked more like individuals running around covered in blood. I appreciated all the homages to other movies that I noticed. It IS a zombie movie people, and a lot of zombie movies have already been done, so the chances of seeing something that we've already seen is pretty high. My biggest disappointment was the ending. The surviving heroes are on the run, they hit a dead end, (no pun intended) and...fade to black appears with "To be continued..." WHAT?!?!? If this was a tv show when next week I would be seeing the next part, or if the sequel to 'Automaton Transfusion' was already sitting in the can, waiting to be released in a month...okay. But to have an indie movie end like this when there may be no definite sequel in sight is a terrible way to end.
3) ZOMBIES: Nothing really new here is brought to the genre, just more of the shamblers and runners that we've come to love.
4) THE CAUSE: Military experiment gone awry...sigh
5) NUDITY: A few breasts appear.
I enjoyed this movie. I have heard and read a lot of reviews where you either hate it, or love it. While I didn't "love" it, I did think it was a fun visit to the zombie genre. When you realize that the director made this movie for such a low amount of money, you have to give props where props are due. Hopefully, there will be a sequel to this movie, so that we can find out what happened to the survivors, and maybe some Hollywood types will give the director some ample cash for a serious budget.
RATING: 3.5 out of 5
They went for the "Shock" factor, and that does work in some places.
But they had no idea how to translate the rest of their ideas into a GOOD film.
For gore-hounds, there are some outstanding scenes (the Morgue kill that opens the film, the jaw ripped off), as well as some things never done before in a zombie film (the "baby" scene that folks are talking about, as well as a GREAT "Jaws" riff).
Unlike others, I didn't mind the camera choices -- although yes, it does feel a bit too "arty for arts sakes".
But the Gore makeup is good, some of the ideas are good.
Unfortunately 3 things really kill the enjoyment of this short (1:15) film:
1) The Acting is really, really bad. It's hard to take the characters seriously when the acting is so poor.
2) There simply IS no story until just about 12 minutes until the end of the film.
3) Plot holes galore -- some of them so major it pulls you out of the film. The "students" all drive 50 minutes to get to this party. . yet the school is just over the hill and they can run to it? WTF?
I got it off Amazon for .01 used (so plus shipping was about $3). For $3 I don't feel cheated, but I certainly wouldn't pay more for it than that.