|Brand Name||Avalon Bay|
|Item Weight||20 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||11 x 14.8 x 14.7 inches|
|Item model number||AB-ICE26S|
|Installation Type||Free Standing|
|Form Factor||Stand Alone|
|Included Components||Ice Maker|
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Convenient, compact design is ideal for use in small kitchens and other compact spaces like RVs, boats and more
- Powerful compressor produces 26 pounds of ice a day so you never have to run to the store for a bag of ice again
- Simple, hassle-free ice dispenser requires no installation - just plug in, add water and wait up to 15 minutes to enjoy your first batch of fresh ice
- Bullet shaped ice is created as frequently as every 6 minutes so you don't have to wait long to chill your drink.Watts:230 watts Amps:2.0 amps Frequency:60 Hz
- Indicator lights let you know if water needs to be added or if the ice basket is full, so you can ensure a nonstop flow of ice, Water Capacity:32 Ounces, Installation:Recessed
Frequently bought together
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who bought this item also bought
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker, Silver The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker is a portable home ice maker. It's faster and more convenient than freezer ice makers, capable of producing large amounts of ice in a very short period of time. On its maximum settings, it can produce up to 26 pounds of ice every 24 hours. The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S is a lightweight and portable ice maker, perfect for parties, camping vacations, and boat trips. If you like cold drinks, it's the best way to keep ice on hand. Special Features Include Makes fresh ice in as little as 6 minutes Produces 26 lbs. of ice daily Comes with 2 ice sizes to choose from Bottom drain makes it easy to clean Equipped with easy-to-use push button controls Automatic overflow protection Lighted indicators remind you to add water and empty ice Large Production Capacity The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S can produce 9 ice cubes every 6-13 minutes and up to 26 pounds of ice per day. Fill the water reservoir to the water line and select an ice setting, small or large, and the machine will begin making ice automatically. The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S has an indicator light that lets you know when the ice basket is full and when you need to add more water. Contemporary Design The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S has a simple, sleek silver design that complements any setting it's put in. With its simple design and silver texture, this portable ice maker from Avalon Bay will match any setting, whether it's in your kitchen, sitting at the bar, or out by the pool. It weighs only 20 pounds, so it's portable and easy to move. The ice makers has a drain at the bottom that makes it a sinch to empty and clean. Easy to Use The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S operates using a standard electrical outlet. Just plug it in and it's ready to do. The push button controls are clearly labeled and easy use. It comes complete with an ice scoop and basket. Any unused ice will melt back into the reservoir and be recycled into fresh water. Refrigerant The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S uses environmentally-friendly R-134A refrigerant.
From the manufacturer
Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S Portable Ice Maker
When you need a portable ice maker for your next party, look no further than the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S. This powerful unit can product up to 26 lbs of ice per day, more than enough for your next event. With the power to create ice in as little as 6 minutes, you can make sure there is always ice on hand to use. You and your guests have two sizes of ice to choose from and there is a scoop included so you can easily fill your glass. You can also have peace of mind that your unit is running with included Add Water and Ice Full Warning Indicators.
- Produces 26 lbs of ice per day
- Makes ice in as little as 6 minutes
- Two ice size options
- Add Water and Full Ice Indicators
- Automatic Overflow Protection
26 lbs Of Ice Per Day
The Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S creates up to 26 lbs of ice per day.
The AB-ICE26S comes with an ice scoop and removable ice basket so you can easily use it.
The AB-ICE26S can product ice in as little as 6 minutes in two different sizes.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Well, as the saying goes, "fool me once..." To be fair, I should have known better (or at least checked for new reviews beforehand) than to try my luck with a second unit, but I did. I bought another Avalon Bay in August 2016, thinking that perhaps the first was just a case of bad luck and faulty electronics. It happens. The first machine (08/2014 - 06/2016) had to be tossed because the overflow sensors stopped sensing and, regardless of where the ice - or the basket - was located in relation, the machine stopped producing and indicated the ice basket was full. Even when the basket was removed completely.
Fast-forward to 2016, when I decided to replace the replacement (a Knox Gear model, also purchased here) because it had enough bells and whistles to be annoying, and I decided to give the AB-ICE26S another try. I liked the first model while it lasted, and maybe the premature death was a fluke. Right? Wrong. The new model lasted even less time than the first, and went to the junk pile for a completely different problem. The ice production system (essentially metal cooling posts in a water tray) failed within 9 months. With no warning, it stopped either raising the tray high enough to freeze full bullet cubes or the cooling system failed. Either way, it went downhill literally overnight. One day we had perfect ice, then next we had tiny little "caps" of ice (about 1/4 of the expected size) and the next we had nothing. The mechanics were still cycling normally - tray raised, water ran, posts appeared to be cooling well - but no ice. Fortunately, I also bought an Ivation this year (and still have the hyper-tech Knox at my office - I guess my subconscious knew something when I ordered another AB!).
1) Don't waste your time on Avalon Bay.
2) Read the reviews and pay attention to them. I wish I had.
ORIGINAL REVIEW (1st purchase, May 2016):
As I said in the title line, this is a great little counter-top ice maker. That is, it was. I bought this in August 2014; it is now almost June 2016, and the AB-ICE26S appears to be on its last legs. To be fair, it has been a total workhorse and has seen almost daily use since the day it arrived. All in all, for the price, I guess just shy of 2 years of daily service is a good thing. I will probably order another one, since we don't have the space in this house to put in a bigger under-the-counter model. In the meantime, and in no particular order, here's what I have learned and can tell you about the Avalon Bay AB-ICE26S:
1) It makes "bullet" ice cubes, which look just like the name implies: rounded cones with a hollow space inside
2) You can choose the ice size, large or small. This is the diameter of the ice, not the overall length. Personally, I like the "large" setting (which isn't much larger) because I can fill the ice bucket in the freezer faster and (obviously) the ice lasts longer in the drinks
3) It doesn't take up much space on the counter, and is very easy to fill and retrieve the ice from.
4) The documentation we received with the machine recommended using bottled water to help reduce build-up in the machine. We did occasionally use bottled water, but mainly just used filtered water from the tap.
5) The filtered tap water provided softer ice than the bottled water. Bottled water (in this case, Primo) gave very clear, brittle cubes that we pretty, but not much fun for crunching. The filtered tap water put out white cubes that were a little more dense than nuggets (what folks around here call "Sonic ice"... the small, perfectly crunch-able ice used at a lot of fast food joints) that held up well in the glass, but also provided a very satisfying crunch experience.
6) The ice well (basket) could be better designed.
6a) First, it is made of what feels like very light plastic, and I was always worried that it would break. It never did, but...
6b) The bottom is completely flat, and ice seems to 'dam up' the back side of the basket, so that it sets off the "ice full" sensor a lot (which may be why the sensor stopped working about 3 weeks ago... the first sign of the machine's impending demise)
7) There is plenty of electric cord for use in most kitchens.
8) It is easy to clean, sort of. Just like a coffee pot, you'll want to run a little vinegar solution (there are also cleaning solutions available specifically for ice makers, but I try to avoid the chemicals) through the machine now and then to clear away any residue that has built up, run a rinse of clear water, and wipe it down inside and out with a paper towel or a soft cloth. The problem I found was down by the intake grate, where it was necessary to get Q-tips and swab out the tiny slot between the intake and the reservoir wall. Not a big deal, but a little annoying considering that the reservoir floor is flat, so there isn't any reason (imho) to cram the intake up against the wall. I could see if the floor sloped to get the best possible water intake before the machine went dry, but it doesn't.
9) Speaking of the reservoir floor being flat... that also means it needs a little help to drain completely. Again, not a deal-breaker sort of issue as far as I'm concerned, but it does mean providing a little tilt to get the most drainage, and then using a few extra paper towels to wipe it dry for storage.
Cons: Can be a bit noisy, not overbearing but notable. Once the Cubes are made the immediately start to melt. I maximize their life by adding them to the freezer Ice tray to keep them their coldest until they are needed. Otherwise, depending on how long they have been sitting in the bin, the cubes will melt quickly in your beverages.
When we first got the machine I was not sure it would make enough ice to keep our tray full in the freezer. I was wrong. We had our tray filled in short order and had to shut off the machine. So far, we are very happy with the Avalon ice maker. We run it once a day in the evening when we are preparing dinner. It makes plenty of ice that will get us through the next day.
Pros: Makes ice really fast
Easy to set up and use
One fill of the reservoir makes a lot of ice
Very quiet, only noise is when the cubes dump into the tray.
Cons: It is not a freezer, so cubes left in the tray will melt if you do not remove them.
Overall, we are very happy. I would definitely recommend the Avalon Bay ice maker.
UPDATE June 12, 2015
Our ice maker quit working after 10 months. We shipped it back to Avalon Bay on April 24. They could not repair it and sent us a new machine that arrived the first week of June. Service from Avalon was courteous, but really slow.
The new machine works much better than the old one ever did. The cubes are much bigger and thicker. Leading us to think the first machine was faulty to begin with. Luckily the machine quit during the 10th month of the 12 month warranty. Two more months and it would have been a total loss.
Bottom line: I wouldn't buy this machine again.
UPDATE: AUGUST, 2016
Second machine has now quit working. These machines are junk...don't buy one!