Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports

• Customer Reviews

on May 13, 2012
I love this product. I have three of them--two in guest "boutique" apartments--and one in my own "extra" (small) kitchen which I've used daily for over ten years! I cook, broil, steam, fry, bake with it.
A wonderful, compact & efficient item!
on March 5, 2012
I bought this because I purchased an efficiency in Madison-it's a college community so apartment prices are really expensive. Mine came without a kitchen but luckily I found this product and it has been such an amazing experience! It cooks just as well as a standard kitchen oven; I use it everyday three times a day for making eggs, roasting chicken, pasta, everything. This is a phenomenal product and has really helped me keep food prices down since I don't have to eat out everyday-absolutely love it!
33 comments| 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 2, 2013
I see more than one review slamming Avanti for not allowing the oven and burners to run at the same time. However, there's a perfectly valid reason for this.

This unit operates on 120v and 120v residential circuits are either 15 amp (limited to 1800 max watts per circuit) or 20 amp (limited to 2400 watts per circuit). Also, under continuous loads of 3 or more hours these limits are reduced by 20%, meaning 1440 watts on a 15 amp circuit and 1920 watts on a 20 amp circuit.

The small burner on this oven is 500 watts, the large burner 1000 watts, the oven 1500 watts. Since Avanti cannot know for sure whether a customer has a 15 or 20 amp circuit the product must be manufactured to be able to work safely on the lower of the two and that means not exceeding 1800 watts, which is precisely what it would do if the oven and either burner were used at the same time. Safety is also the reason for the auto timer that shuts off the oven after 60 minutes and for not being able to use both burners at the same time; if forgotten and left on continuously the unit would overload a 15 amp circuit and trip the breaker, hopefully before starting a fire due to overheated wiring.

People should not just jump to the conclusion that what inconveniences them is a designer flaw. In this case it's very much a matter of safety.

On a side note, I love the Avanti mini ovens. I'm on my second one (the first died after 14 years of pretty heavy use). There is no other oven out there that is larger than a toaster oven but smaller than a conventional one.
on December 21, 2011
We bought this for a mini-kitchen we built on the lakefront level of our 3-story lake house. The little kitchen allows my 85 year-old mother to live on the ground level without having to climb the stairs to the second level main kitchen.

This thing is awesome. It bakes, broils, has a rotisserie, convection feature, and best of all, a functional cooktop. We couldn't be more pleased. I couldn't believe you could bet all this for less than $100. They could charge twice as much for this and it would still be well worth it.
review image
on November 25, 2011
This oven was bought for my mom who lives in a small in-law suite with a very small kitchen. It is perfect for her. Everything works as stated. She had one before that lasted five years of twice daily use. It was delivered as promised.
on November 25, 2012
I got this item just before Thanksgiving. One of my Bosch double ovens broke. Panic city. Bosch wanted $1200.00 to fix and would not have the parts until after turkey day. So I started looking for something to supplement the oven. There are alot of small countertop convection ovens. But they ARE REALLY small. And they dont list their internal sizes. Found this one Amazon. Contacted the company and they responded very quickly with the internal sizes. Much bigger than all the other units and it includes two hot plates on top. But what really surprised me was the quality of the product built. I spent alot of time in multiple department stores opening and closing, picking up and putting down all kinds of brands and sizes. None felt as good. Door opens and closes solidly with very good fit. Fan is quiet, you dont even realize it is on unless you actually look at it and feel the breeze. So when the big day came it performed flawlessly. Probably will start using this more as a regular oven when the need is not there for a big oven. Can't say enough worked great seems to be of high quality.
on October 9, 2012
The Avanti oven/range is a great product. I call it a range because of the ability to cook on top. The only reason I did not rate it a four is because you can only use the oven OR the cook top. Would have been nice to be able to use both at the same time.Avanti MKB42B Electric Oven
on September 5, 2012
I bought the Avanti mini-kitchen because it was a perfect all-in-one item for my small kitchenette. The first one I purchased broke after 1 1/2 years and was deemed unfixable by a repairman (no longer under warranty). I bought another one because it appeared to be redesigned and I hoped it would be better. It did function better in that the burners on top got hotter and the oven did not make noise when on the "convection" mode. But after a little over a year the oven part stopped working. So if you buy this product be sure to save your receipt and warranty info, and know that there is a decent chance it will not last very long.
on March 17, 2014
Our boss bought one for us to use in our break room, I work in the oilfield industry and these guys are not easy on equipment, our oven has held up nicely and we cook everything from ramen noodles to BBQ rotisserie chicken with it! Love this product with the cooktop burners and the fully functional convection oven, very handy. I'm ordering one for my own household use!
on December 16, 2012
HAVE APARTMENTS AND THESE ARE A MUST. YOU DON'T
HAVE TO HAVE A BIG STOVE. THESE WORK WELL AS A SIMPLE
STOVE TOP, OVEN FOR SINGLES OR NEWLYWEDS
IT LASTS A LONG TIME AND WILL EVEN BAKE BREAD.