Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on October 18, 2016
Bought the headphones and transmitter for my Dad who was driving Mom nuts watching politics at full volume. The house is now peacefully quiet!! A huge success.
review image
55 comments| 307 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 23, 2017
Electrical engineer and filter designer. First off, I like Bose. Our ears are tuned differently, so if that isn't your realm I can only be helpful with build and comfort. Build first. The headphones are molded plastic with a semi rubber finish. The only apparent metal is the wire to adjust them. The head band is an extremely bouncy plastic (assumed based on weight). I don't believe the plastic will break down accidentally such as other competitors, though I doubt they'll handle being stepped on. For the price range, its a deal worth doing. Now comfort, it's a bitter sweet feeling. They're light and nimble so they won't exhaust my ears and head. The padding seems low budget so it may compress over time, but at the moment is soft and warm. The material is a faux soft leather with even stitching. However the stitching material looks like it doesn't have a tight thread or high count, could fray over time if outside in the elements. Again, for the price a deal worth taking. Compromise has to be made to accommodate the sound and bluetooth capability. Now! the best part. Sound and connection. I have standard Bose earbuds, the Bose bluetooth speaker, Sonos Play:1 plus a history listening to the variety of names we all know. Everything is different but seems to be the ideal control we all know. These headphones are what I want when I spend around $100. Theres a rich bass that stays warm and doesn't muffle other octaves (high, mid, woofer, sub woofer). The voices are crips and the highs are clean. Of course there is a loss in performance that only $300 can offer you. Also the bluetooth, wouldn't leave the room but other than that, clear connection. The reason I don't give them 5 stars is because 5 stars means they just matched Bose and I'm in disbelief. If you want classic style, comfort, and can take good care of these. It's worth the investment. Buy the 4 year extended plan though, who knows what could happen 1 year from now.
0Comment| 194 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 3, 2016
FIRST OFF I BOUGHT THESE HEADPHONES WAS NOT GIVEN THEM.I did my research on the best Bluetooth headphones that would last a long time with battery life and have good sound plus be very comfortable for a fair price. I found the the Avantree headphones. The packaging looked very professional. I have had them for a month now and use them on avg 5-7 hours a day 6 days a week. First off I am a video editor and run a wholesale business. I love the quality of the sound I get when editing video projects on adobe premiere.I also listen to music all day long when doing the wholesale business. It is very easy to switch from device to device the range is not bad but no Bluetooth headphones have good range yet. Some days they are on my head for over 2 maybe 3 hours strait they are very conformable for me no headaches! It is getting to the holiday season so I am on the phone all day right now filling orders. I was really getting sick of holding my cell phone to my ear all day. I decided to check out and see how the mic on these headphones worked. WOW I could not be happier. The mic works great I now have an extra free hand when taking orders. It really is helping me out each and every day. I am actually using them listing to music while writing this review. I am no audiophile but did work in marketing for a high end headphone company breaking into the market last year and learned a lot about sound quality. The sound quality is amazing on these headphones I believe audiophiles would agree with me. It takes about 2hr to fully charge and you do get about 40hr of play back that is not a gimmick. I think I get 40+ hours when only using for phone calls. I love these headphones and defiantly put it through the paces and so far very happy with my purchase.

A little background: I run Mediaunlocked on youtube and have been reviewing products for over 5 years with over 43,000 sub and 7mil video views.I know what to look for when testing a product out.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
2020 comments| 798 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on October 10, 2016
First off, this review is for the Audition PRO aptX LL headphones. Most of the reviews I read on this page are for the Audition aptX headphones, so I wanted to provide some insight into the higher tier of the two products.

I am not an audiophile by any stretch of the imagination. I just love listening to music while on my (bluetooth-enabled) computer and I was tired of wires getting in my way while wearing headphones. After doing a lot of research on bluetooth headphones, I originally bought another pair of headphones that were advertised as over-ear headphones but were actually on-ear headphones. On-ear headphones do NOT work for me. They hurt my ears and are very uncomfortable to wear.

COMFORT: After that disappointment, I sprung for these Audition Pro aptX LL headphones. They were about double the price, but as it turns out they were well worth the extra cost. (These are the most expensive headphones I've ever purchased.) These headphones are actually over-ear! My ears fit completely inside the soft pads, which means the pads rest against my head and not against my ears. Yesterday I wore these headphones about 6 hours straight and they never once got uncomfortable or made my ears hurt from pressing against my head. Hallelujah! The headphones are easy to adjust, and the headband is comfortable as well.

AUDIO: In terms of audio quality, they suffice for my needs. As I said, I'm not an audiophile at all -- just an avid music lover. I did notice these headphones aren't nearly as "tinny" as the other headphones I bought, so that's a plus! The bass isn't overwhelming, nor is it non-existent. The audio seems to be well-balanced to my untrained ears.

BLUETOOTH/SYNC: Bluetooth is a blessing and a curse for me. I'm now free from those pesky wires, which is absolutely amazing! In addition, I can walk into the next room and the audio will still play as long as I don't walk too far away from my computer. The downside, like all other bluetooth headphones and earphones I've ever used, is that every now and then, the audio cuts out for a split second. I chalk this up to the bluetooth technology versus these particular headphones because, as I mentioned, this seems to occur with all bluetooth headphones I've used.

In terms of sync, I have watched some videos on my computer and the audio was never out of sync with the video. As far as I can tell, the "low latency" feature of these headphones is completely true.

BATTERY: I've had these headphones for three days. I charged them right after I bought them and since then I've put in probably about 20 hours of listening and I haven't received that dreaded low battery notification yet. (From what I read, it can scare you since it's loud!) The verdict is still out on the 40 hour battery claim.

CONNECTING TO DEVICES: As advertised, I had no issues connecting these headphones to either my phone or my computer.

ACCESSORIES: These headphones come with a hard travel case, a micro USB charging cable (wall adapter not included), and a 3.5 mm audio cable which is optional.

Overall I am very satisfied with these headphones and would definitely recommend them if you're looking for comfortable, reliable OVER-EAR headphones for under $100.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
33 comments| 400 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 8, 2015
These are the third pair of Bluetooth "cans" I have purchased from amazon in the last six months. The first 2 barely lasted HALF of their rated usage time..hence my interest in these. After extensive product/price reviews, I found these to meet all my criteria. OMFG!!.. on the first charge I have been able to use them for 5 days!! Unbelievable! 32+hrs & their still working fine..wow!
Sound quality is far superior to any headphones I have ever owned. Mid range and lows are crisp & clear, while bass sounds are deep & make music/movies sound great! I paired these with my phone & computer(using new bluethooth 4.0 dongle) & they work wonderfully with these.
After wearing these for up to 13hrs straight they are still comfortable. The band that goes on top of your head doesn't have any padding like most of this type,however, you can purchase an aftermarket version of this to add to them if you need. In my opinion, if you plan on using these for 15hrs or more per use..you might need this for extra comfort.
If you are looking to purchase a pair of Bluetooth can headphones for a computer,tablet,phone or the like (& are not willing to break the bank doing so), I definitely recommend these. For $50 or so you can't go wrong.
On a side note these do come with a flat red 3.5mm headphone cable to use instead if you want. This works just as good as Bluetooth..and saves battery life.
review image
22 comments| 392 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 25, 2017
Used these for the first time yesterday. Setup was easy and they quickly paired to my transmitter. Battery life and standby time is great so far. This was the major deciding factor for me. Fit and finish is good, theyre light weight and i like the design. My only complaint is that theyre not as "around the ear" as i was hoping for... though better than my previous pair and less cumbersome. I don't think my ears are disproportionately large either, but after several hours of wearing these my ears were tender and hurting. Perhaps some thicker padding on the ear cups would make a difference. Sound quality is good, but I didnt get these to listen to music, just a variety of tones coming from my metal detector. And having no wire tethering me to the machine is amazing.

7/1/16 Update:
At this point I have paired these headphones with several other devices such as my phone, computer, alexa and tv. I'm currently at work listening to some prime music and have wandered a good distance from my desk to the watercooler and restroom while still maintaining a connection. Yet again its so great to be wire free. However, after about 2 or 3 hours use I still start to find them uncomfortable and, at this point must remove them. Fortunately I was contacted by Avantree support in response to my last comment, and they are sending me some larger ear pads. Thats some pretty awesome customer service. I look forward to receiving the new earpads and hope they will make the extended use of these headphones more comfortable. Will update here again once the new earpads have been tested.

Update: Received the larger ear pads a few months ago. Swapping them out was easy, and they're much more comfortable now. Thank you Avantree Customer Service!
11 comment| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on June 11, 2017
Really liked the Audition Pro headphones, but after a couple of weeks heard strange sounds like popping w/ audio stopping or noise continued w/ the audio. Amazon quickly refunded my money after their tech guy couldn't help. Sad, because I really liked these headphones. I'll update if I decide to order again, but due to cost, will probably look elsewhere? Avantree's transmitter worked great & worth buying but I guess I was one of the unlucky one's that got a bad product. First time I ever had to return a product. Amazon really acted quickly & professionally.
on September 8, 2017
I debated with myself for a while on how many stars to give this product. I have only owned it for a week but I feel I have used it enough to form a solid opinion.

First off the build quality is quite good. The headphones feel solid and they should last a while. This was a concern of mine because the last pair of Bluetooth headphones I bought only lasted about 6 months. I am very gentle with my headphones and it was disappointing. The Avantree's definitely aren't as solid as my V-Moda Crossfades but they are in a totally different price bracket.

Second is comfort. I don't like on-ear headphones because they cause my ears to hurt after a short while. I have used many over-ear headphones that still caused my ears to hurt because the pads were not deep enough or large enough. I am happy to say that the Avantree's do not suffer from these problems. I can wear them for hours at a time with no discomfort.

Third is Battery life. This was high on my list of concerns as the last bluetooth headset I bought was severely lacking in this area. I could not get through a day without charging. The Avantree's have far surpassed my expectations in this department. Since I received them a week ago I have not even plugged them into charge. I have used them 5-6 hours each day and the battery indicator for the headphones that shows up on my iPhone still reads mostly full. At this point it is so much better than the last pair of Bluetooth headphones I had that I don't care what the numbers are. The fact that I can use them for a full week without worrying about having to plug them in at my lunch break is great. Battery life is the best quality these headphones have.

That brings me to sound quality. I will preface this by labeling myself an audiophile. I have worked in the A/V industry for many years and I also work as a sound engineer for live concerts as well as recording. I have a pretty discerning ear and I have experience with and have owned some very nice headphones and speakers. I try to take Amazon reviews with a grain of salt especially when it comes to judging the sound quality of something like headphones. With no offense directed at any of the other reviewers of this product I do believe that most of them have not really experienced what high quality headphones sound like. These Avantree headphones do not offer high quality sound. There is a significant hump in the lower midrange that makes everything sound boxy and male voices boomy. It is not a pleasant effect. There are many headphones out there that have their own sound signature and there is nothing wrong with that. I own a pair of V-Moda Crossfades which are heavy on the bass by design but without sounding boomy or boxy. The high end of the Avantree's is fine. It's not harsh or grating on the ears.

With that said I don't really care that the sound quality is not great. I bought these headphones for use while working. I work as a carpenter and these headphones provide adequate noise isolation from power tools and I only use them to listen to podcasts so the sound quality was not a top priority with this purchase. No wire and awesome battery life make these headphones a good buy for this application but don't expect amazing high quality music reproduction.
on June 22, 2017
I'm looking to replace my wired over ear headphones with a Bluetooth model and in the description and pictures these headphones look like just the thing for that. I also really liked the idea of being able to plug in a cable if needed. In reality however, these headphones are a poor choice for anyone looking for an over ear model.

They may be over ear headphones for an eleven year old child, but for an adult they're on ear headphones. In the pictures provided by the seller they look larger than they really are. The dimensions of the ear piece are 3 5/8" by 3 3/8" outside, with an inside dimension of 2 1/2" by 1 3/4". My actual over ear headphones are 4 3/8" by 4 3/8" outside and 2 5/8" by 2 1/4" inside. Compare them yourself with the pictures I've included, and you will see they are not adult sized over ear headphones.
review imagereview image
55 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
The manufacturer commented on the review below
on December 15, 2017
It is very well designed, aptX works like a charm. There are some issues with two simultaneous connections, but I think at this price it is understandable.

The thing I cannot tolerate is bleeding, even on a %50 volume that I usually use to listen to music, my friend can hear the muscular clearly 10 feet apart across the room. I really do not like this and always blame others that do not care how much they would annoy people around them with this.
Also, microphone quality is not very good, at least during calls, everyone prefers to hear me with the phone mic instead.

Update 12/19/17: the support contacted me and promised to send a new updated one where they address bleeding issue in two months. They were very nice, that's why I updated to 4 stars. I'll post an update to see if they keep on their promise or the updated version would work as they claim.
Update 02/06/17; I contacted for replacement, they pushed it back for two more months. Seems like they just need good reviews, not real reviews.