Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Kids Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One STEM Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop STEM Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy Despicable Me 3 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family Save $50 on All-New Fire HD 10. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 18, 2016
I don't even know where to start with how much I absolutely adore this show. Even though i first saw it as a kid, every time i grow older and watch it i always learn something new. Its storyline, characters, and animation go far beyond what people conceive as the simplicity of a "kid's show." The creativity and passion put into it by the creators are instantly evident. The creators obviously did a lot of research about many asian cultures and stories, in order to integrate them successfully into both the art and story. The episodes always have meaningful and extremely relevant messages that address issues even present today, whether it be on war and peace, love and hate, empathy or lack of it. The animation, especially whenever real-life inspired martial arts is used, is action packed and you can see so much effort put into the details of the motions and setting. But overall, the diversity and development of the characters are phenomenal. Unlike your basic kids show, the identified 'good guys' or 'bad guys' are not black-and-white. The show does a fantastic job allowing viewers to empathize with the characters. Nobody is purely good, but they're also not purely evil. The 'good guys' have their own shortcomings to overcome, and the 'bad guys' are still human and, unlike a lot of other kids shows, are shown to have motives that aren't to just 'take over the world.' We see that everybody has their reasons for why they do something. Not only more entertaining, but realistic to the world. Finally, youll end up loving the characters themselves, from kind, meek Aang to eventually noble and redeemed Zuko. All in all, the show does an amazing job executing out a very complex and intriguing storyline, all the while teaching great morals and maintaining a witty, humorous charm. It's had me both laughing and crying at all the right places. You won't regret getting this one!!!
76 helpful votes
77 helpful votes
22 comments|Report abuse
on June 18, 2012
I had watched the movie, The Last Air Bender, first. I wasn't impressed. So, I didn't think the animated series would be any good. I couldn't be more wrong. I was so addicted to the series that I recommended it to all my friends. It's an incredible animation/cartoon. The characters seem so real--I felt the emotions from their voices and character expressions. I've never seen a cartoon that could move me with feelings, like those expressions found with real people, as this cartoon did for me. The stories were so touching--war and peace, love and hate, anger and happiness, caring and carelessness, worried and emotionless, motherly and fatherly, family and individualism, people and the environment, conflict and serenity, and so many more feelings and emotions that we face as human beings. This tv series of three seasons made me smile and sad at the same time. It makes you want to know more about the story; but I guess the wonders in all of us of what happens after season 3 is what captures our imagination. The story can go on forever, but the first three seasons made it all worthwhile. I will miss all the voices and all the characters of this show. I think every person should learn from this show as to what being human is all about in this world. It was an honor to watch this show thanks to all those involved in making this series. Congrats... Great Job. I love the show.
240 helpful votes
241 helpful votes
77 comments|Report abuse
on December 5, 2015
Fantastic way to finish a fantastic show. Gotta be honest this show was consistently excellent their's no animated tv show like it. Bryan Konietzko, Michael Dante Dimartino and Arron Ehasz thank you for creating this masterpiece I have fond and everlasting memories of this show from my youth. Legend Of Korra isn't a bad spin off but not as good as this. This show had the best filler of any tv/anime I have ever seen my favorite episode was filler... The Beach go watch it if you haven't but basically it's the Zuku, Azula and those other two girls going to a house party.. It's amazing fav episode for sure
on August 10, 2017
This is an amazing series and you won't regret buying it.

I do have a bone to pick with the packaging itself, though. My DVD set arrived with most of the inner clasp pieces (the circular plastic part in the middle of each disc indent that keeps the disc from falling out) completely shattered. Thankfully, the DVDs themselves were not harmed in any way, but now I have to be mindful about how I store it because the discs do slide around inside the case and can fall out when I open it.
on October 29, 2017
I bought the 3 seasons on Amazon Video rather than the DVDs because I think the quality is better with the streaming video. The Avatar series itself is great and good for all ages. My kids and I first watched this series back in 2008 when they were fairly young and have watched it a few more times over the years. It's a timeless story that never gets old.
on February 16, 2016
Avatar is one of my favorite animated series. The protagonists are complex (as kids' animation goes), and characters often surprise you by breaking out of the trite -isms of our time. One of the greatest firebenders in the world? An elderly uncle. A blind earthbender is a phenomenal Strong (young) Woman. And Zuko's repeated attempts at "redemption" before he finally understands from what he needs to redeem himself demonstrates that people can do bad things without being Bad. I love this show.
on January 23, 2017
I've probably Watched the whole show through 6 or 7 times now and the themes ideas just are great. It has a depth while also staying very light and it does a great job of balancing it. These kids have real emotion they are goofy like all kids but they go through some real emotions and they do a really good job of handling in the show. The writing is great and the ideas of how to handle emotions and difficulty is wonderful. This is all covered with a a love that shows through, when they can't figure it out they accept each other and don't just give up
on March 9, 2014
My boyfriend had been giving me a hard time about only ever having seen the movie and thinking it was 'good'. So we got the Avatar series to watch. I have to say it is one of the best series I have ever watched. Even if it is a cartoon, it is amazingly well done and kept me wanting to watch more. The story line is fascinating and has everything a good show should - action, passion, humor... It just doesn't get any better.
4 helpful votes
on October 31, 2013
Okay, this is what it has all been leading up to.
This is where Aang finds all his mojo, and faces off with the Firelord Ozi. This is where Prince Zuko faces his crazy sister.
This is where it all boils doewn to who is the truly supreme bender.
This is the one I watch when I want to truly watch a boy step up to being what he must become.
This is why whatever movie they do come up with will never equal what has been done already.
This is pure gold.
4 helpful votes
on July 25, 2016
Best of all the series. Well developed story, characters and action. Just enough humor to be funny, plenty of plot and story development over the series to be intriguing. Perfect for a tween, pre-tween or teen, but the adults love it too. Probably the #1 animated thing I have ever seen. Despite it being a cartoon, the action and movement is excellent and realistic despite the fantasy storyline. Cool story.