Avatar The Last Airbender - Book 1 Water, Vol. 5
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
- Chapter 17 - The Northern Air Temple; Chapter 18 - The Waterbending Master; Chapter 19 - The Siege of the North, Part 1; Chapter 20 - The Siege of the North, Part 2
Top Customer Reviews
The best thing that I like about the show is that the main character, Aang, the Avatar, is not a hero who is without flaws and is ultra powerful. Aang is a 12 year old who loves to play games, and visit exotic locals to see and capture strange animals. He is a goofy kid who is growing into the world's most important role: that of Avatar. He is not angst ridden nor is he fool hearted. He is a normal boy that all ages can relate to, not only boys but girls as well. No matter what the markerters say, the "Target audience" for this show extends to much more than boys, but to girls, teens, and even adults.
Another great thing about this series is that if you are familiar with Kung Fu, and other Chinese martial arts, you will realize that this cartoon is ACCURATE. Water benders use traditional tai chi moves. Fire benders use northern shaolin kung fu to manipulate fire. Earth benders use a more southern tradition of kung fu and Air benders use bagwa, a flexible form of martial arts. Those that are interested in Kung fu and other Chinese martial arts will enjoy a cartoon that IS ACTUALLY BASED ON TRADIONAL FORMS AND MYTHOLOGY AND HISTORY. A story rooted in reality is all the more enjoyable.
I love this show and the episodes are very re-watchable and are worth owning and watching again and again.
Another highlight of the show is the characters- all of them are well-rounded and developed. Even the antagonist has a backstory and motives.
And don't let the Asian inspiration repel you- this show isn't just "American animation trying to be anime."
I have too much to say about "Avatar" to fit it into a reasonably sized review, so let's just leave it at this: Buy it. Now.
1. The Northern Air temple- Aang hears stories of airbendrs around the temple, and goes to check it out.
2. The Waterbending Master- The crew finally gets to the northern tribe and Aang/katara lear waterbebding(Zuko almost dies in pirate attack)
3. siege of the North part 1- Zhao attacks the north tribe, Aang tries to contact the spirits to help him and Zuko finally captures Aang.
4. siege of the north part 2- Zhoa has a crazy evil plan to kill... AND Aang escapes from Zuko and uses his new powers to...
This DVD sets the 2cnd season up perfectly, but you should probably watch all previous DVD before watching. ALRIGHT DUDES!!see you next season!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I wish I bought this in the collected volume, but I now have the whole of Book One: Water.Published 8 months ago by Bethany
I take back my harsh words. The best shipping EVER! Thanks dan and jane!(:Published 14 months ago by susanna
Love the Avatar series. Received this DVD quickly. Audio is a 9/10, Video 8/10. Image seemed to be around 480P.Published 15 months ago by Chooper85