Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avatar: Making a Scene
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

on December 17, 2011
I watched the Making a Scene on Amazon. I was amazed when I finally got around to watching Avatar. I was struck by the reality of the animation... I considered a career in this field and am still amazed by how far the envelope is being pushed. This gives you a great insight to how CG effects are being matched with physical performance of actors. Excellent work.
on February 4, 2016
I watch the movie at least once a year. I've always considered it a magical experience. Now, I know how James Cameron created the magic. It's wonderfully informative. -Daniel Lance Wright, author of "Phobia", "The Last Radiant Heart", "Paradise Flawed", "Defining Family", "Where Are You, Anne Bonny?", "Helping Hand For Ethan", "Six Years' Worth", "Annie's World: Jake's Legacy", and "Annie's World 2: New Beginnings", "One Day in Lubbock", "Call Me Mikki", "Beware The Bones".
on March 26, 2013
I wasn't sure of what I was getting when I ordered this item, but it is one of the most interesting things I've ever watched, that wasn't a full length movie. I own AVATAR the movie, so this outline on making a scene not only gave me a 'full circle' view of how the movie was made, it also showed me what the actors had to do to bring the movie to life! It includes a whole lot more than just speaking as the charactures...
on June 26, 2016
It was amazing to go behind the scenes and see how they brought Avatar to life! Technology ad CG sure are impressive as time goes on, and this delivered a view that I'd never fathomed possible with today's current technology
on March 14, 2015
After running a website at geocities for ten years about alternative ways to learn filmmaking, I've been given or have sought out just about every how to and behind the scenes freebies I can get. This is a teaser more than an educational experience.
on October 13, 2014
This was an interesting little watch. I have loved the Avatar film and was always interested in the behind the scenes part of filming. This was nice and shows some intell of what goes on when it comes to CGI type of films. Can't wait for the next installments of this franchise.
on October 14, 2012
This scene gives a good overview of the film,it helps you get a good understanding of the action and adveturous part of the movie.
on April 13, 2013
I like to watch the behind the scenes clips on videos. I even bought the Tom Hanks movie, "Ladykillers" not for the movie but the extras included (2 outstanding gospel clips and a segment on Danny Herrington, a Luther). From my perspective this is just okay. Nothing you wouldn't normally expect to find. You have to do a lot of planning, imagination is important and actors know how to act. Okay, I understand. Kind of cool but nothing to get excited about.
on March 14, 2013
Being a tech lover, I was amazed and thrilled by the techniques and hardware use by very clever "artistic engineers" in the making of this film. How the actors and actresses where able to play their parts to perfection with all this hardware strapped to them and around them was amazing. I can clearly see a new breed of directors and cast being born from Avatar. I can't imagine the difficulty of portraying a character in a scene full of hi-tech stuff around them without scenery. Tech is effecting every walk of life, the performing arts, no exception.
on March 29, 2013
I loved this movie both for the story and the special effects. The Navi were very real in the animation and the scenery was outstanding. How the accomplished this is also technical magic at it's best. You learn how the human actors where blended into the movie as Navi teaching Jake how to fly the Banshee. Awesome scene in the movie and just as awesome learning how it was done.