Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avery Easy Peel Address Labels for Laser Printers, 1 x 2.625 Inches, White, Box of 7500 Labels (5960)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on May 14, 2007
They're labels! They work, they stick, no problem printing on them, they went through the printer without any jams, in short, they're exactly what you'd expect them to be.
Size: 3000 labels|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using Avery 5160 return address labels for years, so I was interested in how the "Easy Peel" differed from the older ones I still had. When I took the first sheet out of the box, I was immediately concerned about the weight of the backing; the sheets seemed much flimsier than those I had remaining in my old box, a choice obviously made in the interest of the pop-up edges. Once I printed a sheet of both and compared the labels themselves, they seemed comparable. However, a couple of issues emerged: it was slightly more difficult to manually insert a sheet of the Easy Peel so that the labels lined up correctly because the sheets were more likely to bow, and printed labels stored in a file folder were more likely to catch and come off when pulled in and out. Despite this, these labels maintain the Avery quality the company has been known for, and they stick well and completely to envelopes. Note: these labels are for laser printers, not for inkjets.

The Easy Peel feature is only marginally better than the old style, which I never found difficult to remove. Here, you fold the sheet along each row, and a small portion of the labels' ends pop up. It definitely can save time if you're doing a lot of mailing/labeling; however, most people won't care. I appreciated the feed arrows since I always forget which end should be up when feeding manually. I printed ten sheets out of the box, in rapid succession, and other than the lining up issue noted above, every sheet came out smoothly and perfectly printed.

Although Microsoft Word has the necessary template for these labels in its project gallery, buyers can also get the correct template at the Avery website (address supplied on the box).

I've used several different brands of mailing labels, and I always come back to Avery. Despite the lighter backing of these labels to enable the "Easy Peel," the labels themselves maintain the same high quality. I just wish the ease of removal could be combined with a slightly heavier/stiffer backing. Five stars for the label quality, three stars for the Easy Peel design.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann
on November 29, 2010
Size: 3000 labels|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It amazes me that there is still innovation in address labels, but Avery does it. The "Pop-up Edge" really does make the labels live up to their "Easy Peel" name. If you've never seen it, it works like this: the sheets come with the thin strip of label media removed from between the columns, and the backer sheet is cut vertically about 1/16" from the edge of the label, with a little tab sticking out toward the edge of each label. Bending the sheet along the cut line causes the edges of the labels pop up, ready to be peeled. I had a job a few years ago that required a lot of use of similar labels, and this would have made life just a little better back then. I've had no feed problems with these in the drawer or manual feeder of my printer, nor any problems with adhesion after printing.

My only minor issue, which is with all Avery products, is that Avery requires you to fill out your name and e-mail address to download free templates. Not worth taking off a star since there are alternative label printing methods in both Microsoft Word and OpenOffice.org Writer, and the templates are at least always accurate if you do download them. I just wish they would provide the templates without requiring your information if you've already bought their labels.
on February 14, 2016
These are such great quality! I recently ran out and just used some cheapy ones for the few days while I waited on my shipment. It made me realize how worth it is to just use Avery labels for the mailing labels. They peel off so easy. My cheap ones kept ripping the label and if not the label, the leftover sticker part would part apart and make a mess.

I highly recommend these labels!
on October 9, 2015
The latest version of these labels don't have the border label trim all the way to the edges. This foolishly creates a changing thickness right when the label starts to feed in. So you have to be real careful to put one in at a time or it might feed more than one and jam up. Never had this problem with the earlier versions... thoughtless design error.
on February 14, 2016
I purchased these labels for two different purposes: to handwrite on for kitchen use, and to print labels for herbal products I make.
I ordered from Amazon and took the box of labels to Officemax along with a digital file I wanted printed on them. I noticed that as soon as I took a sheet of labels out of the box, it would begin to curl up onto itself, almost completely rolling up lengthwise, forming a gravity defying "U" shape. The person who was helping me tried to use them to print, but since the sheets were deformed, they were not printing properly. I asked the person helping me if they could think of any reason why this would happen. She guessed that they could have been exposed to high heat.
I am hoping this was an isolated case - maybe my box of labels sat somewhere where they were exposed to elevated temperatures while they were being stored, processed, or shipped to me. I have used these labels extensively at work, but they purchase them from a different source than Amazon and never had this problem.

I contacted Amazon about this and they are exchanging a new box of labels with me, so I will try to update this when I receive the new labels.
on September 4, 2014
I can't give this a lower rating. Avery changed the backing on the 5160's. It's a lighter glassene material, harder to put into the printer, harder to hold the paper to peel, and best of all, you can't split them into thirds. Brilliant. They ruined their best product. Thanks Avery. These are going back.
on January 1, 2015
Great labels, great price. We go through atleast 10,000 of these in our lab per year.

I used the Avery online system to print specific labels. To ensure appropriate alignment without burning a sheet of stickers, I print on the backside first and then hold them up to a light source to make sure they will print correctly. Don't trust your printer alignment if you've never tried printing on these before, always double check!
on August 4, 2016
I have to agree w/others here, not what they used to be. You have to be very careful or they smudge & at times the ink seems to float away leaving the printed address dull and sometimes unreadable. In addition I now get smears on the pages and you can no longer print say 14 today and then use the other 16 another day as the unused ones look like *$)_#. Wish someone made a better alternative and the quality Avery used to have, even at a higher price I'd gladly pay for them. Maybe Avery can come out with a Professional line and go back to some better materials?
on June 14, 2016
I accidentally ordered the wrong size labels but it was really a happy accident because I can still use these and now know that, by using the smaller labels, I can save paper and money!

I use these labels to label pastries I make at my job. The pastries are wrapped in a plastic Saran Wrap and these labels stick to them perfectly.

The Avery website has easy to download templates for each different size labels which is SO convenient because it gives you the exact template you need to print the labels perfectly.