Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Avery Postcards for Laser Printers, Uncoated, 4 x 6 Inches, White, Box of 100 (05389)
Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 2, 2011
I love these cards! I use Cook'n Recipe Organizer 9 software to keep a digital copy of my recipes and use these postcards to print them out. It's set up so that all I have to do is click '4x6' and use these. I can chose to print to the top or bottom card and if I need both sides it prompts me to do this. I never write out recipe cards by hand!

If you want to use these postcards for something else, go to the Avery website and download their Wizard. All you have to do is put in the Template # and its all set up to go - who wants to waste time fiddling with margins?! I always buy Avery products because I know they are reliable and good quality...and I rely on their Wizard A LOT.

I recently switched my recipe card size from 3x5 to 4x6 (yes, I'm getting older and want easier to read) both using Avery products. I am already on my second box of these, if I had more time I'd be buying multiple boxes at a time!
on February 24, 2013
This is the first and only product that Avery has that I did not like. The cards are way to thin for postcard stock that can then be resold. I am a small business looking for a product that is thick enough to resale small quantities of postcards. Found another supplier online that has a little thicker product that I am now using. Part of the problem is the limits of the Laser printer. The printer will only handle a certain thickness of paper. This is on the thin side. This product may work for printing cards to mail in another envelope or not mail at all. But if you are looking for something to standup in the mailing process this is not it.
55 comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 7, 2014
These "postcards" are perfect for printing out recipes on the 4x6" cards. The stiffer paper quality is better than plain paper and can stand up to frequent use. If you like, you can even purchase plastic "sleeves" to go over the cards to keep errant cake batter off the recipe cards.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My wife is a graphic designer and avid craft maker and has been a big fan of Avery products over the years. That made her ideally suited to really put these to the test, at her office using a Canon Advance C5030 color laser printer, and at home on our Brother MFC-L8850CDW color printer. Here’s what she had to say:

These postcards are durable and have a good weight to them (feels like about 80 pound card stock). The paper tone is bright white and has ultra-fine perforations to separate the cards from the sheet easily and rather cleanly. (I was expecting cleaner edges but may be too picky. See photo to judge for yourself.) My office printer printed the cards without issue, but at home, the paper curled going through the feed tray, but it flattened out again eventually. The only serious disadvantage of this product is the fact it doesn’t have margin between two cards. This is OK if your design doesn’t have bleed, but if it does, it’s hard to design without worrying about the edge of the artwork or background touching the top or bottom card. Every printer has a different feed mechanism, makes this kind of design work more difficult when you use multiple printers. Avery could have solved this problem with a uniform gap between the cards Instead of assigning top and bottom margins. That would make such design work easier and more flexible.

The maximum dimension of a postcard you can send through the US mail at regular post card rates (currently $0.35/piece) is 6 inches long by 4-1/4 inches high. If you want to be cost-conscious, but still want to send something fancy that stands out when you send notifications or advertisements to your clients, designing your own postcards with this stock and sending them USPS is ideal. If you think larger postcards appeal your recipients, however, this product size is quite small. (For your information, large postcards can measure up to 6 and 1/8” high, 11 1/2” long and 1/4” thick, and they can be sent at the cost as much as a First-Class Letter ($0.49 and up).

Overall, I’m happy with this product, but because of the lack of proper margin between two cards, I am deducting one star.
review image
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
These are "jumbo" or oversized postcard and are 4"x6". So if you are looking for the typical 4" x 5 1/2" you need Avery 5689or a U.S. postcard to send at the U.S. postcard rate is 4.25 X 6". For mailings such as invitations and bulletins, these will take postcard postage and are still large enough to put sufficient information.

These are for laser printers, so if your laser is black and white only, that's what you can print. My home printer is a Brother Laserprinter but we have a color laser at work. In each case, I fed one sheet through it. You can use the Avery template to set up your postcard and its layout. Remember to set up 2 sided printing on your postcard if that's what you want.

If you are looking for smaller postcards, that would be Avery 5689 which will give you 4 postcards per-page. They can also be sent at the U.S. postcard rate. These smaller cards are 5.5 X 4.25"

We send postcards out at work all the time, but these also work for parties--if you are doing a potluck and everyone asks for your recipe for Meatless Moussaka or Pistachio Jello Surprise, you can print these up in advance (on your laser printer) and have them ready to hand out to people who ask.

These also make great birthday or anniversary party invitations.

The cards have that kind of precutting that makes for a smooth separation with no "fringe."
on December 19, 2015
I purchased these for business use ( to make info card for my samples) and worked good for my intended purpose. They have a lot of online templates to choose from, however they don't exceed the whole card (see pictures). I got to thinking that I should also make postcards to remind customers to replace their products, which are allowed to be sent as postcards ( went to the post office to be sure). But these are fairly thin and I don't think they would withstand going through the mail system, we shall see. I found that the edges fray a little (see picture) after disposal of the sides and top access. But this was very minimal. Also I ended up using them for recipe cards.They come two cards per sheet and print on both sides (see your printer manual for directions) Overall, this is an okay product but I will not buy it again.
review image review image review image
on July 27, 2016
I've never had a problem running pre-cut cardstock through my printer.

I pop one of these in the manual feeder, and when it goes to print, it completely disintegrated. The way it works is that the cards are pre-perforated, so you don't need scissors to cut them out.

This particular product broke its perforations inside my printer and tore into 8 separate pieces. I had to use pliers to extract the last couple pieces.

I am indescribably mad about this.
on June 27, 2015
Good, heavy stock for printing post cards, but I am not happy about downloading the template to line them up on the sheet. They require that you "register" with Avery (so that they can send you constant junk mail) before you can download the "free" template. To me, "free" means "with no strings attached," so in that respect, I am not a fan of how this company operates. You've already paid for the paper; you should get the template without having to put up with their marketing. But if you already have a template (I used the postcard template that came with Pages for Macintosh), and can tweak it a bit, you'll be good to go —without having to register with the company.
on February 12, 2015
There is nothing wrong with the Avery cards themselves, but they are not a set of individual 6x4 cards to be printed individually, rather they are sheets of two cards that can be printed with Avery software and cut out of an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet. However, I have found that it is easier to use a heavy grade laser paper and create a template of two 6x4 inch rectangles using an Adobe product. While I would prefer individual 6x4 photo paper I have found none available made for laser printers. (Don't try Inkjet glossy photo paper in a laser.)

(Side note: A laser printer uses only three colors:Cyan, Yellow and Magenta but can produce a fine color image on a not so glossy sheet.; most inkjet printers are also limited to three colors, but have a greater range of papers they can print to. Laser printers are faster, less noisy and save money if you are not a heavy user, as the toner cartridges contains powder rather than ink that dries up and clogs. Also, to save money make sure to select B/W for all your computer screen print outs to save a lot of money on toner.

Unless you are a professional photographer you don't need an inkjet printer with seven colors to enhance the image.)
on December 21, 2013
I will be using these for frequent mailing to my far-flung grandchildren. They will let me laminate photos (& whatever) that are age-specific and interest-specific for each child. What is more, they will mail at less postage than a letter -- important for the quantity that I intend to use.