- Paperback: 112 pages
- Publisher: Cornell Maritime Pr/Tidewater Pub; 2 edition (March 1993)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0870334336
- ISBN-13: 978-0870334337
- Product Dimensions: 0.2 x 6 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 7 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1,353 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,452,778 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
How to Avoid Huge Ships Paperback – March, 1993
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
- Do not charge the huge ship at full speed in an attempt to scare it off. This may work with coyotes, but it is less effective with huge ships.
- Similarly, do not roll your boat over and play dead. Unless the huge ship is captained by a grizzly bear, this will not work.
- Do not attempt to go under the huge ship. This is typically not successful.
- Do not attempt to jump over the huge ship.
Captain Trimmer presents a rather novel technique for avoiding huge ships - move your boat out of the path of the huge ship. I know what you're thinking, this goes against conventional wisdom, but Trimmer presents significant empirical evidence to support his theory. Indeed, over the long run, moving out of the way will dramatically decrease the number of huge ship collisions you will have to endure in your daily life.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My advice to beginners who want to Avoid Huge Ships is - Stay on Land. Make sure there is LAND completely everywhere around you. This works, I have tried it may times. Read morePublished 5 hours ago by Jim Pilgrim
This book is great, and has undoubtedly saved myself and my family from many close encounters with large ships. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Justin Kniceley
Years ago as I was preparing our small family sailboat for a year-long journey I was duly concerned for the safety of my wife and two young daughters -- not to mention my own... Read morePublished 23 days ago by Tikvah
I was going to buy this book, but following the title's advice would mean avoiding the huge ship on the cover. So I guess it's a successful book since I avoided that one.Published 24 days ago by Nigel G Mitchell
I have mixed emotions about this book. Was really interested in buying and reading this but I'm also afraid to leave my house. So far so good......Published 1 month ago by Jered Blatz
They've all found it immensely helpful and wish they'd read it ages ago. Pity it hadn't been written 105 years sooner...Published 1 month ago by Kindle Customer
This book is truly a masterpiece! It is one of those books that you read over-night! Within hours you get familiar with all invaluable tactics and strategies that can help you deal... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I identify myself as an iceberg from the Arctic sea and I can confirm that a much earlier publishing of this book could have averted the sinking of the Titanic, a James Cameron... Read morePublished 1 month ago by The Bourne Reviewer