Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 18 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 34 reviews
on June 17, 2014
The book was okay. A little too much "god" and bible scriptures. Some good solid facts that are interesting but then it turned into a late night commercial to sponsor a child. For someone that has never really been out of the country and explored (and Christian) this book would be great.

It did have good facts that are eye-openers. The book was very easy to read and at times you wanted to keep reading.
on October 22, 2012
Most anyone who selects this book knows deep in their heart they are being called to action by God. This is just that extra push to motivate you and maybe give you some suggestions for your own next step to act on the enduring love shown to you by your Creator. Tears, some laughter but mostly demonstrations of the crushing need that only you can fill. It can be done, one person at a time...
on May 28, 2012
The needs of our world can feel overwheling at times . I appreciate this book because it made me aware of the great need without "shaming " me . It did prompt me to ask the Lord how do you want me to respond. How does He want me to affect the kingdom.The authors personal stories allowed us to see her heart. I also appreciated her own struggles with living in a country with great abundance and yet deal with the needs of the world.
on March 19, 2014
I felt the book was a challenge to us all to make a difference today. One person at a time. We may not be able to go into the mission field, but we can sponsor a child, be a mentor to a child or young mother. Keep our eyes and ears open to needs in our own community. Be the hands of the Almighty.
on July 9, 2015
Another challenge to do something for those in need even when we can't fix everything for everyone. But we can all do something that can transform a life forever. We cannot say we didn't know!
on June 25, 2016
It is a very poignant book, and I'm learning so much about the world at large and poverty issues and solutions.
on September 8, 2013
Loved all of the quotes the author used thought the book. The stories she told took me right back to my time in Ethiopia and I could see myself in every story. Very encouraging as I begin my own Non-profit to benefit starving and very sick children in ET. Thank you for pouring your heart and soul into this book.
on July 4, 2015
The information in this book will break your heart. How can we continue to live a life of waste? One person at a time is the only way things can be changed.
on November 15, 2014
Loved this book!! We all have within us the God-given power to change the world. We just have first open our eyes to see it and then do something to help make a change in this world!!
on June 11, 2014
I realized that each person is important and will make an impact on the world of other people. No reason not to try a smile even if for only one person. i really liked this book as an inspiring devotional reading.