- File Size: 1519 KB
- Print Length: 71 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: July 20, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B073HC7LDN
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Not Enabled
- Lending: Not Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #112,390 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Awakening (Beyond the Curse Book 1) Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
Awakening follows the story of Princess Kiera and Prince Phillip in this retelling cross over of Sleeping Beauty and Rumpelstiltskin.
When i began reading Awakened i was pleasantly surprised to see it jumped right into the plot full steam ahead. I didn't expect the plot to head the way that it did within the first few chapters, that's not to say i didn't love it, because i did! It was completely unexpected and inventive and just all round well written. I was a little unsure how i felt about how Phillip and Kiera met and the immediate reactions, but as i read on i realised that i absolutely loved the lack of inhibition. It was fresh, interesting and a bit of a daring approach that i think paid off.
I loved that even though this was a fairytale telling, it had some dark elements. These elements really gave a little bit of depth to the story because it forces you to step out of the 'everything is sunshine and rainbow' frame of mind.
Kiera was in an interesting character, i thought it was interesting and quite entertaining that she just gave herself over to her instincts. She didnt second guess herself, she just accepted that that's what she felt she needed and committed to it.
I wish we had seen some more form Phillip, i just feel like i didn't see as much of his character development because there were a lot of other things to deal with in the plot. I like that he was so supportive and good for Kiera, but i just wanted more of their relationship to come to the forefront.
Laura Greenwood's writing flows beautifully and hooks you from the first few pages. The story is relatively short, but it makes you crave the rest of the books because you need know what is going to happen next. The world building is quite good and i can only imagine how much better it will become over the next few books.
All in all, it was a pretty fantastically written book, and i cannot wait to read the rest.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Mythology & Folk Tales > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban