Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 19 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 30 reviews
on October 27, 2013
I'm always skeptical of books that are lists. Of this one, I wondered why "101 Awesome Things?" Why not 201 or 49 or even just the golden rule? So, it might be said I approached reading this in a somewhat skeptical even snarky frame of mind and did so only because it was strongly recommended and we have a very tricky care giving situation in my family.

Having read it, I take it all back. This is a superb compilation of real and valuable resources, informed and professional advice, sensitive insights and real-life anecdotes...all designed to help the reader navigate an emotionally and physically fraught circumstance involving the people who might be closest to them.

I think all of us see well-meaning books...books that purport to provide advice, tips and resources for one circumstance or another. They're well-meaning, but they don't deliver. This one does. It's nothing short of a marvelous effort...well researched and far more complex and sophisticated than its title suggests. Just marvelous. (My only very minor criticism is that the title and cover art don't suggest the real depth and scope of this work.)

Just marvelous.

Fleury Sommers
How Mom Got Her Magic Back (Granny, Magic and Me)
on October 20, 2013
Elaine Wilkes is such a gifted writer and her books not only provide practical information that I have been able to use, they are entertaining and 'easy-to-read'. This book is a collection of 'chicken soup for the soul' type stories that are inspirational and touching to read and provide real and practical advice that will be incredibly meaningful to someone who is ill. I cannot recommend this e-book enough. I can barely believe I was lucky enough to have been able to download the kindle version for only 99 cents. What a steal!!!! It's worth so much more. I'd pay $10 for the same book now that I have read its contents. I had major health issues for many years and still suffer from kidney issues as a result and I can tell you having been on the other side, that any one of these tips would have been so meaningful to me. Now that I'm in a position to help others with their own health issues, this will be a great source of information. A good friend has just been diagnosed with breast and lung cancer.
on January 13, 2014
I got this book because my Mother-in-Law was in the hospital to have back surgery, but as I was reading through it for ideas appropriate to her, I found myself getting happier and happier! Not only was simply reading the ideas uplifting in itself, but there are a number of exercises that I could do for myself, to refocus my own attitude and raise my own spirit (and then I would also be a better support to everyone in my life, too!)

I also believe that the best way to feel love and connection in this life is to GIVE love and connection to others, and this book is filled with fun ways to do this, even if they aren't ill (some elaborate, and some simple, but all supportive!) And, it really helps to have some supportive ideas already in mind, so that when tragedy strikes a friend, you don't have to be the one that asks "what can I do to help?" -- you'll already know!
on October 23, 2013
For anyone who feels stressed because they don't know what to do to help a friend or loved one who's sick, your answers are here. If you, yourself have been sick or are dealing with an illness, this book will help you ask for what you need. Since so many people have a deep need to feel and be useful to those who are sick, disabled or incapacitated, but don't know how to be helpful, 101 Awesome Things to do For Someone Who's Sick, is a priceless resource to have at your fingertips.
on October 25, 2013
In our digital world of instant gratification I found this book INSPIRATIONAL! So many things I can do to make someone's day special. The ideas are simple and mean so much to the person that is not well. Thank-you Elaine for sharing this awesome guide. You are an angel on earth.
 101 Awesome Things To Do for Someone Who's Sick 101 Awesome Things to Do for Someone Who is Sick: Cool Stuff to Help Someone Who's Ill
on November 7, 2013
If you've ever seen someone ill and wondered what you could do for them, this book is for you. It's full of wonderful ideas to do for those who can't help themselves. From the inspirational stories to the great ideas for patients to the nurturing ideas, you'll find quite a few golden nuggets. And you'll truly benefit in the end. As we all know, when you give to others, you give to yourself. Check it out!
on October 27, 2013
What a fantastic book Elaine Wilkes has written!!! There are terrific
ideas big & small to do for anyone on any occasion! Some ideas so
touching.some funny...many very easy. It is easy and a delight to read! I
find myself just opening pages to discover new ideas. I'm buying this for
gifts just in time for the holidays! And I'm having fun planning on doing
some of the ideas!
on February 8, 2014
Many of the things suggested in here you already know - and some will need to be tweaked to fit your lifestyle - but all in all it is a good read. Now that I am older, and loosing many of my friends and relatives, I thought I would make an effort to do some random acts of kindness. I am retired and hope I can make someones day better - and I know i will feel better.
on May 22, 2014
This book is crammed with good ideas and heartfelt ways to spread love around. It is a good book for finding new ideas.
on November 4, 2013
For any income bracket, any healthcare facility, any family situation, for anyone at all caring for an ill person, this book has something in it that will make their recovery better. A truly wide-ranging list, "101 Awesome Things To Do for Someone Who's Sick" should be on the nightstand of any bed that has a sick person.