Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Led Zeppelin forum

Awesome cover of The Ocean

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 17, 2008, 12:00:41 PM PDT
Evan Berg says:
Yo all you awesome Zeppelin fans on the interweb. So I was recently convinced to go to a show for a band called Bonerama. I was immediately sold, these guys are amazing, but what clenched it was when they launched into their unbelievable cover of Led Zeppelin's The Ocean. The band is led by 4 trombone players, and when the lead player picked up in the vocal line playing through a wah pedal and guitar amp, I was salivating. Do yourselves a favor and check these guys out. You will not regret it.

Peace and Love

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2008, 7:36:32 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 27, 2008, 7:38:20 PM PDT
JP says:
I'll have to check it out.

I also like -

The Lovemongers (Wilson sisters from Heart) cover of "The Battle of Evermore"

Zebra's cover of "The Ocean"

And Dream Theater's Zep medley (The Rover/Achillies Last Stand/ The Song remains The Same).

There was also a darn good band in the Macon/Atlanta area in the early 90s called Trunkspace that did a KILLER version of "No Quarter"!

But they are all pretty much standard covers. The weirdest I have heard is -

Frank Zappa's reggae cover of "Stairway to Heaven" from his final live album "Best Band You never heard In Your life"!! And right when you think he is gonna come in and rip the guitar solo.....he has his horn players play it note for note!! And, considering the trumpet and sax players do the solo guitar part and the trombone player does the slide guitar part, I have to wonder if Bonerama heard it an was insired!!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Led Zeppelin forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jun 17, 2008
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin by Robert Plant (DVD - 2003)
4.7 out of 5 stars (859)