- Hardcover: 688 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-Blackwell; 4 edition (January 30, 2004)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1405101997
- ISBN-13: 978-1405101998
- Product Dimensions: 7.7 x 1.5 x 10 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.8 pounds
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,879,591 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Russell, Hugo & Ayliffe's Principles and Practice of Disinfection, Preservation & Sterilization 4th Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
There is a newer edition of this item:
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
From the first edition:
"This superb book is the best of its kind available and one that will undoubtedly be useful, if not essential, to workers in a variety of industries. Thirty-one distinguished specialists deal comprehensively with the subject matter indicated by the title ... The book is produced with care, is very readable with useful selected references at the end of each chapter and an excellent index. It is an essential source book for everyone interested in this field. For pharmacy undergraduates, it will complement the excellent text on pharmaceutical microbiology by two of the present editors."
The Pharmaceutical Journal
"This is an excellent book. It deals comprehensively and authoritatively with its subject with contributions from 31 distinguished specialists. There is a great deal to interest all those involved in hospital infection ... This book is exceptionally well laid out. There are well chosen references for each chapter and an excellent index. It is highly recommended." The Journal of Hospital Infection.
"The editors and authors must be congratulated for this excellent treatise on nonantibiotic antimicrobial measures in hospitals and industry ... The publication is highly recommended to hospital and research personnel, especially to clinical microbiologists, infection-control and environmental-safety specialists, pharmacists, and dieticians."
New England Journal of Medicine.
From the Back Cover
Highly respected, established text – a definitive reference in its field – covering in detail many methods of the elimination or prevention of microbial growth
"highly recommended to hospital and research personnel, especially to clinical microbiologists, infectioncontrol and environmental-safety specialists, pharmacists, and dieticians."
New England Journal of Medicine
WHY BUY THIS BOOK?
* Completely revised and updated to reflect the rapid pace of change in this area
* Updated material on new and emerging technologies, focusing on special problems in hospitals, dentistry and pharmaceutical practice
* Gives practical advise on problems of disinfection and antiseptics in hospitals
* Discusses increasing problems of natural and acquired resistance to antibiotics
* New contributors give a fresh approach to the subject and ensure international coverage
* Systematic review of sterilization methods, with uses and advantages outlined for each
* Evaluation of disinfectants and their mechanisms of action
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|