Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
3 Year Asurion Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Cover drops, spills, cracked screens along with electrical and mechanical issues
- Accidents happen - Be Prepared - Your coverage starts immediately
- If we can't fix it, we will issue you an Amazon Gift Card for full replacement value
- No deductibles or additional fees. Easy claims online or by phone. Contract is emailed to you within hours of your purchase.
- Fully Transferable. 100% refund within first 30 days
Azden High-performance (SMX-10) Stereo Condenser Microphone
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- 7 inch Long, Dual Unidirectional Electret-Condenser Microphone
- Records High-Quality Stereo Directly
- Built-In Cable With 3.5Mm Stereo Mini Plug
- Powered By A Single Aaa Battery
- Includes Foam Windscreen & Shock-Mount Microphone Holder
- Ability to record directly in stereo Dual uni-directional electret condensor microphone Built-in cable with 3.5mm plug
- Ability to record directly in stereo Dual uni-directional electret condensor microphone Built-in cable with 3.5mm plug.
- Uses one AAA battery Includes windscreen and camera shoe-mount
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Ability to record directly in stereo
Perfect for use with smaller, high-end camcorder, the Azden SMX-10 compact shotgun microphone records in stereo and is powered by a single AAA battery that provides up to 400 hours of continuous use. This dual uni-directional, electret-condensor mic measures 7 inches long with a 0.7-inch diameter, and it weighs just 1.83 ounces (without battery).
It includes a permanently attached coiled cable coming out the back that plugs into 1/8-inch (3.5mm) jacks. Other features include a foam windscreen, lo-cut switch to minimize rumble and wind noise, and camera hot-shoe mount.
- Type: Stereo electret condenser
- Frequency response: 100-18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40dB @1kHz (1V/Pa)
- Output impedance: 1.5 k ohm @ 1kHz
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 60dB (1kHz @ 1Pa)
- Dynamic range: 66dB
- Power supply: 1.5V DC; AAA size battery (not included)
- Max. SPL: 100dB
- Battery current drain: 0.5mA
- Battery life: 400 hours with Alkaline battery
- Weight w/o battery: 1.83 ounces
- Dimensions: 7-inch length, 0.7-inch diameter
- Output cable: Permanently attached with 3.5mm plug
What's in the Box
SMX-10 microphone (with attached cable), hot-shoe mic holder, foam windscreen
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Some caveats: it's not a tele; it will pick up noise from all around. If you're recording something relatively quiet, don't touch any part of the camcorder. I have this attached to my Canon VIXIA HF R600 (Black) (Discontinued by Manufacturer) via a StudioPRO Heavy Duty L Bracket with 2 Hot Shoe Mounts for Flash Photography & Video, and you can hear any contact with the camcorder, mount or mic. Just stick it all on a tripod and leave it alone. With loud events (concerts, etc.), this isn't an issue. I've had good (again, not great) results recording live events with music I want in stereo, but I may pick up a Rode for recording panels and other videos that don't really require stereo.
The only complaint i have on this set up is the actual plastic mount. I like that it brings it up higher so you don't pick up any mechanical noise of the camcorder but it is a thin plastic and rubber which i could see breaking if pressure was applied inside of a carrying bag. Only time will tell.
I will keep this company in mind when ever i look to upgrade to bigger equipment in the future!
I have a 7D, so the annoying AGC really ruined the great sound this mic is capable of [not the fault of the mic, but rather canon for not allowing us to turn off AGC or have manual gain control :(].
In the end i ended up going with an Zoom H4n for external audio capture and syncing later in post.
I've read reviews and watched youtube videos about this mic and I wasn't convinced if this is the mic I want to use for my camera. But the size and price seem to be good enough for me to give it a go so I purchased it.
The first time I tested this mic at home recording some TV footage I wasn't impressed with the hisses and lack of low end. I wasn't too sure if it's any better than the built-in mic.
Yesterday I had an opportunity to test it out during my band practice. Lo and behold! Suddenly videos of my band practising sound so much better than before. Bass sounded awesome. I know there are better mics out there. I've never tried any other mics before so I can't compare but based on yesterday's results I'm quite pleased.
I did lose the foam cover. I thought maybe it was just my fault but then my friend had the same mic and he also lost his. It slides off almost too easy. Wish it had better way to secure it. Other than that the mic has been functional
The shock mount is terrible. It could not isolate my touching of the zoom lever. During lulls in the audio when I was panning and zooming I could hear creaks and groans. So get a Rode or similar shock mount.
But this mic really falls down on frequency response when recording music. I do a lot of concert and dance shoots. This mic has a stated low-end frequency range minimum of 100hz. I'd say that's low. More like 200 to my hears. Bass response is terrible. If that is important to you then do not get this mic. You will be let down.
It also does not reject sound coming from behind very well at all.
So if all you need is stereo separation for spoken word and your built-in mic is really terrible then this is the mic for you. Otherwise look elsewhere.
Most recent customer reviews
or battery saving idea.That was a bad idea.Read more