|Number of USB 2.0 Ports||2|
Azio Levetron Mech5 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Cherry Black MX Switches (KB577U)
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mechanical Keys: The Cherry Black mechanical switch is widely believed to provide the best gaming experience. Featuring a linear design ideal for rapid pressing of keys and the right stiffness to help prevent accidental key presses.
- Fully Programmable Keys: The included Software allows for full customization of the entire keyboard and 11 dedicated Macro-keys.
- Modular Design: The numeric keypad can be attached to either side of the keyboard or remain detached. The included Macro Keypad module is the first of many accessories that will take advantage of the keyboard's rail system.
- Macro D-Pad: The add-on Macro D-Pad expansion allows for 6 additional programmable keys. The expansion module rail enables custom positioning by sliding the D-Pad left or right.
- Anti-Ghost: Ensures multiple commonly pressed keys register when pressed simultaneously.
- Water-Resistant: Engineered to remain functional even if accidentally exposed to liquid. Do not flip or shake the keyboard and the liquid will properly drain itself.
- Win on/off Key: Disables the Windows key to prevent accidental pressing of the key during game play.
- 2x USB Expansion Ports: Connect your USB devices directly to the keyboard for added convenience. Braided Cables & Gold-Plated USB Connector: Enhanced durability and conductivity.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Being able to adjust the location of the DPad for macro keys is a great idea. However, this removes the ability to use the function keys at the top of the keyboard. Most games don't use these, but things like Alt+F4 has it's use in certain situations. Being up so high I didn't find these to be in a great location. I stuck to using the macro keys to the left of the keyboard.
One thing I noticed quickly was the sharpness of the corners on the keys. When gaming I press the space bar with the side of my thumb. My old G15 had an oversized space bar so I simply just pressed down on the middle of the key. The Mech5 has a normal sized space bar. This resulted in me pressing down on the corner of the key. After a short while of gaming my thumb became sore and irritated. It was a simple adjustment to move my thumb a bit higher on the keyboard, but it was an unnatural adjustment.
Another thing I noticed was the markings on the keys were not consistent. The left shift in particular was very light - as if it had been used for a long time.Read more ›
Overall, I would rate this product a 4.5/5
Some of the really nice perks of this keyboard:
- The keys are very strong
- The volume knob appears to be more accurate than the Mech4 (it takes less turning to adjust the volume)
- You can detach the num pad and macro pad and use them individually
- There is a quick way to disable the windows keys
- It is nice and heavy, don't have to worry about it moving around
- You can customize every key on the keyboard using the software that comes with it
- The "\" and "|" key is above the enter key (and not beside the backspace key like the Mech4)
- The "Enter" key is in a normal position
Some of the shortcomings of this keyboard:
- Clackity-Clackity-Clack (It is very noisy)
- Nothing else that I can think of!
I would highly recommend this keyboard for both gamers and power users alike.
It is a GREAT keyboard!
$124 is a little high since I got mine for sale over on newegg for around $70
The keyboard is still in fantastic condition despite heavy every day use for gaming, article/review writing and general use. Due to size constrictions, I've had to remove the keypad a number of times dealing with space constraints, and having it to the side attached via a cable is very convenient but may not apply to everyone.
The macro keys don't get much use but that's only because my mouse has 12+ programmable buttons on it. The Azio mapping program is not CPU intensive and doesn't slow down your computer. Very much unlike some other PC peripheral programs that I've used.
One thing you might have to be weary of (and the reason I'm giving this keyboard a 4 instead of 5) is it sometimes double presses. It mainly happens with my main enter key and I don't believe it is a common issue, but when I'm typing often times it will repeat my last line of text twice. For example, typing "gg" in a game's chat, it will actually type out and enter "gg" twice on two separate lines. Like I said though, it's probably not a common issue and it doesn't happen enough to actually make it a significant issue. That being said, it is still a flaw that could throw you off.
They height of the keyboard is something to get used to. I'm coming from a Logitech G11 and Microsoft Natural Multimedia background for reference.
The keys are solid and, yes, rather loud. If you were alive and typing in the 1980s on a massive metal keyboard, this has that feel.
There's nothing I can say that other's haven't. But even if you aren't a gamer, I'd recommend this to those who do typing for a living. My wife who used to do medical transcription, though using a MS Natural (we've got three in the house) said that she'd definitely want to use something like this. (Also, users of non-standard keyboards like the Natural can't pass a typing test due to lack of muscle memory for the conventional keyboards, so even more incentive to get a quality keyboard for the professional typing crowd.)
If I didn't already have one, I'd buy one again. I won't be picking one up for work as it is too loud for an office environment.
That last sentence might have actually been the most significant addition to the reviews here. Wonderful, but loud.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I bought this for my husband's birthday some time ago and he has been using it ever since. =) He really enjoys it and uses it for when he is playing an MMORPG.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
great keyboard. I got a refurbish didn't know that. wish it would say that in Amazon. But still great keyboard.Published 5 months ago by Love shopping
Love this keyboard. Would buy again. I use it every day. No issues at all. Many programmable hot keys.Published 6 months ago by Matt in Tx
great but, spacebar messed up after about 5 months (but i do hammer the spacebar pretty hard :P)Published 8 months ago by nate
Good keyboard if you got it on sale. It's mx blacks, so dont buy this if you're just looking for typing quality. Read more
Im getting a new keyboard, the corsair k70 (red mx, red backlit), so might as well review my last keyboard. Read morePublished 11 months ago by Hayden