BCA Month Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 15, 2015
A disaster.

It's quick set up diagram is only moderately useful, and could use a few things on it like... words... to clarify some things. It comes stock with a driver that does not work.

Once it's finally up and running, it doesn't. Mine printed 5-10 pages, then stop saying there was a paper jam. Dell has a page for this printer on how to deal with paper jams, with easy to follow instructions and graphics. In my case, there wasn't a paper jam, however the printer continued to think there was. Unplugging it for a week (prior to Christmas, when i needed a printer that actually worked) and setting it aside for a week seemed to fix that problem.

I plug it back in, run a single sheet for a test... and it worked. Attempted to run a second sheet, and it told me it was out of paper. Having just filled it about 3/4's full, i was beginning to feel like i was in the movie Office Space. Nothing helped, and it refused to accept manually fed paper. Had to set it aside again (now closer to Christmas, and still needing a printer that actually worked) for a couple weeks.

It's after Christmas now, so i plug it back in. I'm not sure if there's a paper jam, or if it thinks it's out of paper as it goes directly for the "major error" light being on and does absolutely nothing. It won't even acknowledge i've attempted to send something to it to print. I have to set it aside for another couple days because it's completely useless and does not work (and i still need a printer that actually does work).

A few days later i plug it in, ready to call up Dell to find out why they foisted this complete and utterly useless piece of junk on humanity.... and it works when plugged in. I'm on day 2 of it actually working (very light printing amounts), and we'll see if my next purchase is a Louisville Slugger or not. I did, however, find out that the warranty on my machine started in October of 2013 (bought in Oct, 2014), instead of when i finally got it registered (another issue i won't go into) in January of 2015.

My single piece of advice for anyone considering this machine: DON'T. It is useless and will simply stop working at any time for no reason what-so-ever.
on December 4, 2013
Just got the printer yesterday and so far I love it. I print a few hundred sheets a week and last night it was printing 30 sheets in just over a minute. Not too shabby. I had a little problem with installing the drivers because of a minor glitch with the Windows 8 recent updates but I called Dell, and the support was fantastic. New drivers installed, printer set up, and already rocking in less than 20 minutes. Love it!
on July 22, 2014
I'm totally fed up with the outrageous replacement ink prices for dot matrix printers (color). I seldom print photos anymore anyway, so I ordered this simple B&W laser. I know from past experience with other lasers that the toner cartridge lasts FOR YEARS. No exaggeration. And when it finally does need replacement, that can be done via refill kits that cost very little (c. $50). Sure beats the crazy prices one has to pay for those teensy ink cartridges. I always feel like such a sucker when I buy those things. :-(

Can't believe this printer was only $60! And having had several other Dell printers, I know that they're really sturdy and hold up.

This thing is very quiet, prints fast, and the print quality is excellent. What more could one ask for? Well ......

I purchased this model because it's tweaked to work with Google Cloud Print. For those not familiar with GCP, it's a slick feature that Google developed to let users of Android phones and tablets ... print. ! You can't actually attach a printer to either device, but you CAN sent a print job via the Net to GCP and it *should* print out on this little Dell printer. I say *should* because it just doesn't work reliably. I thought it was me or this printer- it would print fine, then an hour later the printer was 'offline' and couldn't be brought back online. No printing - the print jobs simply queue up. The next day it might print fine again until it decides ... not to. A little research on Google led me to a whole heap of people who are having this exact problem, with every brand of printer you can think of. Appears to be a GCP problem of waking up a printer that has temporarily gone to sleep. !?

So, that's a bit of a disappointment. I'll just have to use this as a general network printer, or attach to my laptop. My tablet printing may just have to wait until Google solves that glitch. For the price and the excellent performance, this is still a terrific purchase and I'm very glad to have it.
on January 12, 2014
We had to replace a perfectly good HP 1100 printer because Windows 8 did not have drivers. After some research, I chose the Dell B1260DN. It installed easily, works great, and outputs great quality. The only problem I had was setting the paper tray to allow paper to lay down flat. The instruction is only visual and the picture was not clear. You need to squeeze the blue clip and move the paper stop backwards.
on February 11, 2015
!! WARNING !! This is NOT a wireless printer! This printer has an Ethernet card that can be used to connect the printer a wireless router using a network cable. The printer was shipped fast and received un 2 days. The printer is easy to setup and runs as expected.
on October 20, 2013
Repeatedly registered with Cloud Print following Dell.com instructions, but printer does not show up as a printer. Google trouble shooter refers user to Dell. Dell support unable to help. Hope 3rd party seller will take this back.
on December 4, 2016
Like most crap from Dell. Worked poorly and uses proprietary toner. Through away after toner ran out.
on July 16, 2015
This dell printer prints fast, has automatic duplex printing, and has economic printing option. Noise is ok. Size is also ok. Bonus is the starter printer is very durable.
on December 16, 2014
It took getting a total of 3 from Dell before we were able to get it to work. Spent hours with Dell Rep on the phone and via emails. Was it just a fluke? I don't know. Printer is working now.
on June 10, 2014
I have purchased 4 of these for work and all perform well.One a side note, aftermarket toner works with it as well to save you a few bucks.