|Item Weight||9.6 ounces|
|Product Dimensions||10.2 x 7.1 x 2.1 inches|
|Item model number||BA7|
|Batteries||Lithium Metal batteries required.|
|Manufacturer Part Number||BA7|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ $6.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
SOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Battery and System Tester
|Price:||$69.95 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Test 12 volt batteries from 100-1200 CCA, operating range from 7-15V
- Tests multiple battery types, including Conventional, AGM, Gel Cell, Spiral Wound and Deep Cycle Batteries (with a Starting Rating)
- LED indication of battery and system pass or fail (as applicable), plus presents the derived reading for the battery tested
- Easy to Use - Operator is guided through each step in the testing process
- Bright 4 digit LED display is great for bright or low light settings
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Test car-battery systems with ease using the SOLAR BA7 Battery and System Tester from Clore Automotive. With this device, you can quickly assess the starting and charging systems of a wide variety of batteries, including conventional lead-acid car batteries, AGM batteries, gel cell batteries, and more. The pocket-sized SOLAR BA7 has an operating range of between 7 volts and 15 volts and can test batteries rated between 100 cold cranking amps (CCA) and 1,200 CCA.
Quickly Assesses Battery Starting and Charging Systems
The SOLAR BA7 Battery and System Tester conveniently tests the starting and charging systems of your battery and offers a quick assessment. Once the testing process is finished, both a numerical result and a pass/fail result are shown on the device's bright, four-digit LED display.
Compatible with Many Battery Types
This product has an operating range of between 7 volts and 15 volts and can test batteries rated between 100 cold cranking amps (CCA) and 1,200 CCA. You can use the SOLAR BA7 to test many different types of batteries, including conventional lead-acid car batteries, AGM batteries, gel cell batteries, spiral wound batteries, and deep cycle batteries. On the device, simply choose the type of battery that you're testing, then connect the clamps to the battery--the SOLAR BA7 does the rest.
Small, Portable, and Easy to Use
The SOLAR BA7 is portable and pocket-sized for your convenience--making it great for testing batteries when you're out in the field or on the go. The device is also simple to operate, and it guides you to through each step of the battery-testing process. Other features include built-in reverse polarity and over-voltage protection to safeguard equipment. This product weighs 0.6 pounds.
The SOLAR BA7 is backed by a one-year limited warranty.
About Clore Automotive
Founded in 2001, but with a more-than-50-year heritage, Clore Automotive is a leader in the design, development, and manufacture of automotive service equipment for professionals and consumers. Its brands include some of the most widely recognized names in the automotive equipment aftermarket, including Booster PAC, Jump-N-Carry, SOLAR, Christie, VIPER, and T-TECH.
What's in the Box
SOLAR BA7 Battery and System Tester.
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
The Solar BA7 gets its operating voltage from the battery and indicates the no-load battery voltage when you connect its clips to the battery posts. You then can select the CCA test, enter in the battery's rated CCA, and get a reading of the actual CCA of the battery using a conductive test that sends a 1KHz sinewave through the battery to measure its internal resistance. Next, you switch to the SYSTEM test and crank the car. The BA7 will indicate and hold the lowest voltage reading obtained during starting and give you an "OK" or "FAIL" indication using LEDs. Then, as the engine is running you can advance to the charging test and see the battery voltage while the alternator is providing a charge. Once again, the BA7 gives you an LED indication of "OK" or "FAIL".
The BA7 is a handy tester to have for a quick test of your car's starting and charging system. It is simple enough for the non-technical person to use, but useful for the experienced tech to do troubleshooting. If you only need a one-time test, you can get that for free at many auto parts stores. But, if you are chasing down an intermittent problem, or want a battery system tester for your automotive toolbox, the BA7 is a good product to have.
Hook it up to the battery on your car, mower, ATV, etc etc, press a button or two, and then you have an instant digital read out in numbers, as well as color coded status lights for the condition of your Battery, Starter, or Alternator. And for cheap!
1) It takes a matter of seconds to perform any test, making this simple to use.
2) You can perform tests on batteries hooked up in a car still, or unhooked, making this extremely time saving if you don't have to remove a battery to test.
3) You don't have to fully charge a battery to test!!! Almost all other testing units for batteries you have to have a fully charged battery, which is a pain in the butt, and waste of time. But not for this, you can test on a daily used battery that's not fully charged, genius!
4) Most consumer grade battery testers only give you a read out of battery voltage for their testing capabilities, which is only a part of what you need for an actual test. Voltage is good for understanding percent of the battery charged, but not how much power it's putting out. What you actually need to know besides voltage is CCA (or cold cranking amps), this is the actual capacity of the battery to exert power. So rather than having to take your batteries to your local Auto Part store everytime, buy this tester and have the professional test yourself on your own time, anywhere.
5) Sometimes your starting issue in your vehicle is not a bad battery, but rather a starter or alternator. So you can easily rule these out too by just testing them with the same tester too.Read more ›
Please click YES if my review have been helpful to you, it will encourage me to continue writing and updating my reviews, and leave a comment if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer if I can be of help.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Save me the cost of purchasing both a new battery and alternator. I only needed to replace the Alternator. The dealer tried to sell me a battery, but I wasn't buying it. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Raveniskcrow
works like a charmSOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Battery and System TesterPublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
A bit hard to read the display at first, but does the job. Really, a very easy to use tool.Published 1 month ago by David G.
It is okay. It works as intended. Here is major con, you can barely read it on direct sunlight. You have to cover all the sunlight to read it or work inside your car garage. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Manstudio Photography
Works great. A nice test instrument to keep on the bench.Published 1 month ago by Michael L. De Mello