Industrial Deals HPC Magazine Deals Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide Limited time offer Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TNF TNF TNF  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 24, 2013
My baby is small (18 pounds at 1 year) and I had ordered the larger BabyBjorn Potty Chair and it just seemed too big. This one seems like a much better size for him. Both potty chairs are sleek, easy to clean, simple design. The bowls seem to be interchangeable. However, the Smart Potty is about an inch lower than the Potty Chair so it is a better fit for my little one. I thought the higher back/sides on the Potty Chair would make it seem more stable, but my child seems very stable and comfortable on this one. I will post a photo of the two chairs side-by-side for comparison... if I had been able to see them side by side I probably would have purchased the Smart Potty to start with!
review image review image
0Comment| 302 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on November 17, 2015
We have 3 different potties. This is my favorite and this is why:

Pros:
- smallest, lightest, most portable
- easiest to fit anywhere, even in tight spaces
- most versatile design for matching decor
- claims to be BPA-free and recyclable (the others might be, but don’t claim it)
- 7 color options
- smallest and lightest insert is the easiest for toddler to pick up and empty into the toilet

Cons:
- I guess you argue price is a con. It is more expensive than others (but if $5 more breaks the bank, then maybe you should get a hand-me-down, garage sale or craigslist find)
- some reviewers complain that the pee guard is not big enough but I’m not sure any of these have a big enough pee guard if your boy isn’t aiming down

Overall:
- This is our favorite. It is light and portable. We’ve had no problems with it.
- I'd buy this again if I needed another potty

Comparison:

1 lb, 12.5 x 10 x 7
89% of 479 reviews 4+
smallest, most expensive

Summer Infant Lil' Loo Potty, White and Teal
$9.99 (33% cheaper than BB)
5 color options
14.5 x 14 x 12 (~30% larger than BB)
1.9 lbs (2x heavier than BB)
made in USA
91% of 1678 reviews 4+
least expensive, most popular

Fisher-Price Froggy Potty
$11.57
2 colors
15 x 13.8 x 10.2 (~30% larger than BB)
2.8 lbs (3x heavier than BB
89% of 81 reviews 4+
(older model made in China was 1.3 lbs and had 85% of 829 reviews 4+)

(Note: We have a 20lb 2.5yo girl. She is small and a girl.)
review image review image review image review image
0Comment| 85 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 8, 2015
This potty is small enough to use with my baby for elimination communication. I have been putting my baby on this potty since she was 3 months old. She sits comfortably on it. It is easy to clean out. The rubber on the bottom makes it stay put so it doesn't slip around if my baby moves.
review image
0Comment| 106 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 22, 2015
We ordered this potty after comparing many different ones. Our 13 month old boy has shown intrest in going potty but the seat we have that goes on the toilet is to large and leave a red ring on his little but. This potty is light, East to clean, and fits him perfectly. It's nice and low and sits him a bit in a squatting position which is very good for the bowels. It has nice rubber no slip grip around the bottom so it doesn't slide. The only downside to this is there is no back and because it's a oval shape, it doesn't sit flat against the wall. He's tried to relax and few times and just fall off haha the splash guard works great for our boy and I highly recommend it to anyone training smaller toddlers!
on August 11, 2017
YES! I love this potty. It's so small, so I prefer it to any other chair for that reason alone! It's so easy to clean because it's so simply designed. My son likes to be independent, and this is very comfortable for him. I also purchased seats that fit on top of the toilet, but when it's time for your little one to go, they don't want to have to climb stairs and pull pants down while balancing on the step, etc. This allows them to be so much more independent, and that makes Montessori very happy.
on November 17, 2014
I have a two year old grandson and a four year old granddaughter. We sometimes go on trips, and potty visits with one adult and these two...and a public restroom, ugh!
This is large enough for the kids to securely sit on, and small enough to take in the car. I just empty the pot into a zip bag and the inner pot cleans easily with a disposable wipe. I no longer cringe when one of the kids has to go! We don't even go into the dreaded public bathroom; with the car seat slid all the up, there's room in the car.
I highly recommend this potty for home, as well as travel. The grandchildren seem to like it and they don't miss hearing me me exclaim "Don't touch anything!"
on May 18, 2017
So far my 6 month old seems to like this potty , I wish the splash guard was more of a cup and wasn't just straight up, though we haven't had any splashing so far. It's nice and small for early potty training, though he doesn't seem to really have a preference between this seat and the one we have that sits right on the toilet. I don't regret buying it, but it's not necessarily better than the other models out there.
on March 1, 2017
Love this potty! My 2 year old son potty trained in a week on this thing and it is the perfect size and design! He recently used a different potty at his cousins house and got pee everywhere bc of the poor design. With this potty it has a splash guard and it is narrow enough so that he can still squat to poop. I would recommend this potty to anyone along with the oh crap potty training book. We have a toilet insert as well but the potty is much easier for him to use and to be independent.
on March 23, 2017
Love this little thing. It has rubber stoppers on the bottom so it doesn't slide easy; which I didn't appreciate until Baby tried to stand. She is yound to start potty training, but it is so much easier cleaning if I catch her with the first poop-face. Started at 6mo tha and at 9 months she wil crawl to me and begin poop-grunting. She sits comfortably and with a book in hand, pooping is a breeze!
on March 1, 2017
Overall, we like it. Most importantly, our 3 year old likes it. She has been making great strides with potty training and has been asking for a purple potty (purple is her favorite color). Online shopping has it's disadvantages though. The potty is smaller than we expected - specifically, it isn't very high off the ground, but for most kids, I expect it works great. Our daughter just turned three, and with my wife and I measuring up at 5'11" and 6'5" respectively, it's no wonder our daughter is a little taller than average.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.