BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Original - Black, Cotton
- Provides essential closeness and contact to help you bond with your new baby
- Two safe and ergonomic carrying positions: baby facing-in and baby facing-out
- Perfect for newborns - no infant insert needed. From birth to approximately 12 months
- Developed with pediatricians to give the proper support for baby's head, neck, spine and hips
- Small, safe and easy to use - fits perfectly and securely with only a few adjustments
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
From the manufacturer
Close to Heart – since 1973
We have believed in closeness for many years. As early as 1973, we launched our first baby carrier. It was designed to carry baby heart-to-heart to provide optimal closeness between baby and parent from birth. Today, the Baby Carrier Original is a treasured classic the world over. It also has a special place in our own hearts as it has grown into an entire family of baby carriers, allowing millions of children and parents to enjoy that essential closeness every single day.
Easy to use. Baby Carrier Original is a small and easy-to-use baby carrier that is a perfect fit for your newborn baby. It fits parents securely and comfortably with only a few adjustments
Easy and secure – 24/7
The baby carrier is easy for you to put on and take off by yourself, which means you can use it at night too if you choose.
The smart safety click
Lets you know you’ve done it right. Thanks to the colored buckles and the smart safety click, it’s not possible to fasten the baby carrier incorrectly.
The two-part design
Allows you to lift your sleeping baby out without waking them. Just unfasten both side latches to open the front completely.
Perfect for your newborn baby Baby Carrier Original is specially designed in collaboration with pediatricians to fit your baby from birth – you don’t need any extra insert or pillow
The sturdy and adjustable head support
Provides proper support for head and neck.
Ample back support
While legs and hips are held in an ergonomically correct position.
Keeps your baby’s airways free and allows you to check on your baby’s breathing.
Free movement for arms and legs
Which develops muscles, motor skills and coordination.
Baby Bjorn – Passion for the next generation, since 1961.
Baby Bjorn is a Swedish family-owned business that can be found in 50 countries throughout the world. We offer durable and practical products for children up to the age of three. The products we launch always meet the high safety, quality and style standards we set.
Our vision is to make everyday life easier for families with young children all over the world and to make those all-important early years even more fun.
Compare with similar items
Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier, Grey
Ergobaby Embrace Baby Wrap Carrier, Infant Carrier for Newborns 7-25 Pounds, Pure Black
BabyBjörn Baby Carrier One, Cotton, Black, One Size (098023US)
LÍLLÉbaby Complete All Seasons Six-Position 360° Ergonomic Baby and Child Carrier, Black
BABYBJORN Baby Carrier Free, 3D Mesh, Anthracite
|Shipping||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details||FREE Shipping. Details|
|Sold By||Amazon Warehouse||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Little Folks||LILLEbaby||Amazon.com|
|Color||Black, Cotton||Grey||Pure Black||Black||Black||Anthracite|
|Item Dimensions||0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 inches||10.20 x 10.20 x 4.30 inches||10.43 x 6.85 x 4.88 inches||11.42 x 22.83 x 0.39 inches||14.00 x 4.00 x 11.00 inches||4.72 x 14.96 x 10.24 inches|
|Item Weight||1.20 lbs||1.30 lbs||—||2.70 lbs||1.60 lbs||1.76 lbs|
|Maximum Weight Recommendation||25.00 lbs||32.00 lbs||—||33.00 lbs||45.00 lbs||—|
|Minimum Weight Recommendation||8.00 lbs||8.00 lbs||7.00 lbs||8.00 lbs||7.00 lbs||—|
Baby Carrier Original is a small carrier that you can quickly put on and take off to carry your baby for short periods of time, both at home or outdoors
Machine washable. See instructions inside the Baby Carrier.
As stated above, this is a used product. The product is in great condition.
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Every time I purchase something online, I always check the reviews. I count on others to help me choose the best option. My reviews are always my honest opinion and I try to include photos if possible.
If my review has helped you in any way, please click the "helpful" button below so that I know! If you have any questions feel free to ask! Thank you!
All the carriers I bought were...
1. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Original - Mesh (that's this one)
2. MiaMilly HIPSTER Plus Organic Carrier with Infant Insert (didn't return - saving for when she's older, returned the infant insert tho)
3. Baby K’tan ORIGINAL Cotton Wrap style Baby Carrier (it's like a wrap, but easier - returned)
4. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier (returned)
Here's what I thought of them all.
1. Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier Original - Mesh (that's this one)
This is THIS carrier that this review is on. I LOVE THIS CARRIER!!!
- The snaps are SO easy to get on & off, & I don't worry about snapping her fingers in them. Plus I can easily fasten all the snaps with one hand. I don't need any help or assistance from anyone to get her in or out of this.
- It's SUPER EASY to get on & off.
- If my babe falls asleep in it, there is a way you can completely unhook the portion that supports your baby, from the straps on your back, so you can get them to a crib without waking them. It supports my baby perfectly, & is the only one that she will allow me to put her in.
- It's mesh so it's super breathable & we don't get super hot & sweaty being so close to one another.
- It scrunches up real small & I can easily toss it into my diaper bag
- Even when she's crying, I can put her in there & just start walking, & she calms down.
- She LOVES that she can look out & around. My baby is now 7 weeks, & is still getting the strength up in her neck muscles, so you can pull the straps on the carrier around the baby's head to keep it closer to your chest & support their head more. Then you can loosen those straps as the baby gets older.
- Plus when she gets older, she can face out.
- I can use this with her for up to a year of age. There is a way to adjust the height of the carrier. Meaning when they're super young like mine is, I can have it so her body is higher on me when I wear it. As she grows, & can adjust it.
- It's real easy to adjust the tightness of the back straps
2. MiaMilly HIPSTER Plus Organic Carrier with Infant Insert
Really like this carrier. We're keeping it for when our babe is older. We did send the Infant Insert back...
- The insert just didn't feel very secure to me, & the whole thing was just a lot to do when you have a little one.
- You have to put them in the insert first, then put the whole thing with them in it, into the carrier. Not something I could easily get my babe into by myself while say, at the airport.
- It's all bulky, so it's not something I can just shove in the diaper bag.
- We love the carrier for when our babe gets bigger.
- It's something my husband said he would wear (he won't wear any of the others) & it's just an overall awesome carrier.
3. Baby K’tan ORIGINAL Cotton Wrap style Baby Carrier (it's like a wrap, but easier)
This one I wanted to much to love. A couple of Mom friends of mine have it & love it. I got her in it once, but the second time I put her in it she just wouldn't have it.
- Might just be a thing with my baby - I don't think she liked having her head covered & tucked in there, so wraps might not be our thing.
- The wrap itself is pretty easy to get on as far as wraps are concerned.
- Folds up pretty compact.
- Has it's own carrying bag.
4. Infantino Flip 4-in-1 Convertible Carrier
I honestly didn't even try to put her in this. It was just not what we wanted.. & the buckles are very hard to do & loud when they clip closed. We pretty much took it out of the box, tried it on us, then put it back in the box.
For these reasons, I ordered the Babybjoern original and we love it. He feels comfortable in there, his head sticks out the right length (hight of the carrier can be adjusted) so he doesn't suffocate, his legs hang down as he likes it, he is in a better upright position, because the Babybjorn is less wide on the sides. It is super easy and fast to put on and there is no risk of him falling out. Another advantage which I have not tried out yet is that the baby can face forward.
There are a few downsides with the Babybjorn: it doesn't have a hip belt so the weight is on the shoulders/ back and it might hurt once the baby is older and when walking longer distances, it works "only" for babies up to 25lb/11kg (Ergo Performance up to 45lb/20kg), no sun cover (which I like in Ergo).
CONCLUSION: The Babybjoern is much better for me and my 10 week old baby boy. I am sure that once the baby gets older and can stick out his head on the top and his legs can hang out on the sides at the bottom and once he is heavier (hip belt will be needed), we will prefer the Ergo so I am glad that I have those two!
Pros Babybjoern Original:
- easy, safe and fast to put on
- forward facing option
- can be adjusted to the length of the baby, so the head sticks out the right way
- more comfortable foot/ leg position for a newborn
- nice straight upright position for a newborn
Pros Ergobaby Performance with newborn insert
- very nice hip belt, so the weight is on the hips not on the shoulders
- higher weight limit, so it works for older children (up to 45lb/20kg for Ergo, 25lb/11kg for Babybjorn)
- nice sun cover
- equally easy to put on once the newborn insert is not needed anymore
Top international reviews
Cons: the babybjorn label from the straps behind fell off in a week. It was stuck, everything else is nicely secured. Wish this had a small pocket for teether or rattle like some other brands, but definitely not that big a deal.
After trying 6 other brands unsuccessfully, don't think I could be happier.
El único detalle malo es que si es caluroso.
Pero de ahí vale la pena. Me llego muy rapido
Pero lo mejor es que me ha funcionado perfecto, pongo a mi bebé recién nacido y va comodismo, se queda dormido riquísimo.
TWO POINTS:1 ) THE PRODUCT AND 2) THE SELLER
1) THE PRODUCT: I got it specifically so that m 4 month-old could look outward. The way the harness works, her legs were hanging and she wasn't in a sitting "frog like" position, which made her tired and, as parents, know, cranky. As far as sleeping, at 17 pounds, I guess she was not big enough to be comfortable When she was positioned to face me, her head kept on slumping forward and down. The securing red and blue slats on both sides proved annoying to put on The Ergo baby we have is so much better!
2) I CHANGE DMY MIND BEFORE RECEIVING THE PRODUCT. I asked for a return and did not get a response until I received the product, The seller does not reimburse shipping and charges a 15% return fee.