Spring Deals Automotive HPC Children of Blood and Bone New-season heels nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Home and Garden Save $20 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

BABYBJORN Soft Bib, Green/Yellow, 2 Pack
Color: Green/Yellow|Change

on May 20, 2011
I am a mother with 3 young children and I wanted to know which bibs worked the best. I have compared the Bumkins Superbib, the Babybjorn bib, the Bibbity bib, and the Bumkins sleeved bib.

With my first child, I quickly realized that using cloth bibs and putting them in the laundry after each meal was a terrible idea. They would get moldy and I had to own a dozen bibs. Then I switched to Bumkins Superbibs. They are very easy to use. I just wash them in the sink after meals and hang them on my bib drying rack. The bibs are dry and ready to use again by the next meal. Bumkins Superbibs are lightweight and my babies never mind wearing them. Since the pockets are soft, they don't work well if the bib has been kept flat in a drawer. I always kept my Superbibs hanging upside down by the pocket on the bib drying rack. So, the pocket dried in the open position and worked better. Now my third child is 8 months old and is eating mushy baby food. Even with the Bumkins Superbibs, there are still always some oatmeal spills on his clothes. I rarely have to change his entire outfit after a meal, but I wondered if there was a better bib available. So, I bought a BabyBjorn bib and a Bibbity bib. Here are my results.

Both the BabyBjorn and the Bibbity bibs are SMALLER than the Bumkins Superbibs. The Babybjorn bib is made of hard plastic (like a cup). It says "soft" in the description but that is just nonsense. The Bibbity bib is softer, like rubber.

The Babybjorn bib is difficult to put on the baby because it is so hard. Even the neck strap is made of stiff plastic. I had great difficulty adjusting the neck hole because it kept hurting my son's neck. I never could get the hole small enough to keep food from escaping onto the clothes below his chin. Plan on baby crying the entire time you are fiddling with his bib. The pocket of the bjorn bib is great and always stays open. However, because the pocket is so rigid, it clashes with the tray. My son sits on a chair that clips onto the countertop. The bjorn bib pocket kept getting caught under the countertop and then it would yank my son's neck. He really hated wearing this bib. The BabyBjorn bib is super easy to wash in the sink. It is easy to dry with a towel so you don't need a bib drying rack with this bib.

The Bibbity bib is much better than the BabyBjorn bib. It is softer and feels like rubber. It was awkward to put on at first and my son was mad. However, he got used to it. I was able to get the neck hole small enough to keep most of the oatmeal out without hurting my son's neck. The pocket stays open pretty well. However, since it is soft, the pocket would close up when my son leaned forward and the pocket hit the edge of the countertop/tray. So, food did slide past the closed pocket and land on my son's lap. The Bibbity bib is about 1 inch shorter than the Bjorn bib and is 2.5 inches shorter than the Bumkins Superbib. It is very easy to wash in the sink and dry with a towel. I think the Bibbity bib works a little better than the Bumkins Superbib because the pocket catches more. However, my 3 year old daughter refused to wear the Bibbity bib, and said it hurt her neck. She loves to wear her Bumkins Superbibs. UPDATE: My son is now 13 months old and refuses to wear the Bibbity bib. It is just too heavy and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, all 3 of these bibs left way too much food spilled on my 8 month old's clothes. If you have a baby who eats mushy baby food and grabs the spoon, a regular bib just doesn't give adequate protection. So, I bought 1 MORE bib. I bought the Bumkins sleeved bib. It was GREAT! It covered everything, even his lap! He could feed himself oatmeal, make a huge mess, and his clothes were clean afterward! The sleeved bib is very easy to clean too. I just wash it off in the kitchen sink and hang it on my bib drying rack (which sits right next to the sink). It went from dripping wet to completely dry in 2 hours. Since, the sleeved bib dries fast on the rack, I use the same bib at each meal and only needed to buy one sleeved bib. I put it in the laundry every few days.

UPDATE: My son is now 13 months old. He refuses to wear the Bibbity bib at all. It is too heavy and uncomfortable. He also pulls off his Bumkins Superbibs, throws them on the floor, and laughs. So, I put the Bumkins Sleeved bib on him for every meal. He feeds himself spaghetti and makes the biggest mess you've ever seen. He doesn't mind wearing the sleeved bib and can't get it off. It also does the best job protecting his clothes. I wash it in the kitchen sink after meals and hang it on the bib drying rack. It is dry in about 2 hours. I put it in the laundry every few days. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably buy 2 Bumkins Sleeved bibs and a drying rack and that's it. Here is a link to the drying rack I am talking about. Mommy Genius Drying Rack--Dry or Display Just About Anything (Baby Bibs, Plastic or Reusable Food Storage Bags, Kitchen Dish Towels, Bathroom Hand Towels, Washcloths, Mugs, Sports Water Bottles, Herbs, Mittens, Children's Boots, Lingerie, Holiday Orname...
1212 comments| 261 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 27, 2017
These are a good quality bib but I am a bit disappointed that they are incredibly stiff. The item is described as being a “soft bib”. They are not soft at all. My 11 month old has a difficult time reaching her food with it on because I can not slide her tray close enough to her due to the large, stiff, pocket. Due to the poor description and stiffness, I am giving 3 stars. These would probably work better for older toddlers.

The are easy to clean and I love that I can toss in the dishwasher. They are also a great quality. They would last a long time, I’m sure. However, I will be returning for a softer more flexible bib.
on January 10, 2018
My sister highly recommended these bibs, so when it came time to start feeding my little guy solids I went and ordered these. Very satisfied with the product. Love how I can easily wash it and have it ready for his next feeding. Other reviewers mentioned how the buttom pocket part made it "look" uncomfortable when in a highchair and I can see how it could be for some but my son doesn't mind and his highchair reclines so for right now it doesn't effect him. He sees the bib and starts smiling knowing he's about to get something yummy and I'm happy I won't have to change his clothes afterwards!
on May 5, 2017
We bought these bibs ten years ago, when our first child was born. TEN years. A red one and a blue one. Since then, they've been used by our next five children for 1-3 years apiece. Today, we still own the same two bibs, which are still sturdy, still holding their shape, and still easy to clean (although the little white logo has mostly worn off).

I can't imagine a better investment. I hate doing unnecessary laundry, so the ability to just rinse these off under the faucet and have them ready for the next meal was key. Also, the pocket part of the bib is flexible, but rigid enough that it doesn't collapse on itself - some other floppier bibs tend to just let the pocket flop closed, which basically makes it useless for catching food - this one can hold several ounces of oatmeal, yogurt, applesauce, or milk without spilling, until you take it off and dump into the sink.

Can your kid remove the bib? Sure, if he yanks hard enough - probably not a 5 month old, but a one year old, yes. Of course, a clever toddler will be able to remove almost any bib, just like he can remove his shoes and socks at the drop of a hat. None of my kids had too much trouble learning to leave the bib alone after a few days, and I really like how adjustable the neck closure is - none of this nonsense with snaps that are either tight enough to be uncomfortable on a chubby kid's neck, or loose enough that half of the oatmeal ends up down the neck of your skinny kid.

Is it life changing? Well, it's a bib. So no. But if you only want to buy one or two bibs, and you want it to fit various sizes and ages of child comfortably, protect their clothes adequately, and not waste any of your precious parenting time washing, drying, and folding a BIB...buy this one.
on February 19, 2018
Best pocket bib available!!!!! I have tried several other brands at a lower per bib price. Nothing compares to this bib.
It’s an extremely solid bib which allows the pocket to stay fully open. Other bibs I have had to put paper towels in the pocket to keep them fully open. With this bib it’s sturdy enough on its own.
We are doing baby led weaning which is incredibly messy! So this has allowed the food to fall into the pocket rather than all over his legs and seat of the high chair.
Another great thing is that when I close the strap (which is very adjustable for different neck sizes) it stays closed! I hang bibs after I wash them and this never comes undone falling onto the floor.
I tried to save a few bucks by purchasing cheaper bibs and I regret it. Just bite the bullet and buy this one from the start! We never touch our other bibs when we are eating at home. This one is the best!

While still our favorite bib for catching food and for the easy clean up.... my son has learned how to pull this off. He yanks it off of himself within minutes. He is 11 months old and I think we have to retire this bib till he is a bit older and doesn’t find it extremely funny to pull it off.
on January 22, 2017
These bibs are perfect for our twin grandchildren, now 11 months old, and having fun feeding themselves. Having something like these bibs with the pocket is indispensable, and the twins quickly learned that if something falls, they can grab it out of the pocket. The latch is adjustable, and so far the twins have not pulled the bibs off of themselves (though one did pull off the bib from the other). They wash very easily. This is now the only bib their parents use for meals. The plastic is soft, but not so soft that it's too flexible. It's perfect. I notice that prices vary quite a bit depending on the color. If you don't mind the color, some colors are half the price of popular colors. For a bib, who cares about the color? :)
on February 11, 2007
In my experience, using a bib without a pocket is pretty useless. My daughter always makes a big mess when eating and a pocket is mandatory. I love this one because it is soft enough to be comfortable and has a pocket that is actually firm enough and large enough to do what it needs to. I love that the entire thing is hard plastic, without any fabric--all you have to do is wipe and go. No staining or mildewing or anything like that. We have 2, one to use and one to spare and that's all we need. The mechanism for clasping is very easy to hook and unhook (for mom or dad), but is secure enough that your little one won't easily pull it off. It's also adjustable for little necks and bigger necks alike. We've used several types of pocketed bibs in the past, but now that we've found this one we will never need another kind. In my opinion, this is the perfect bib for messy little eaters!
on July 24, 2017
BEST BIBS EVER. No, seriously, ditch the cloth bibs and get these. When my daughter started feeding herself, we decided to buy these and they have worked so well. The bottom has a nice food catcher so she no longer ends up with a pile of food in her lap. Then they are super easy to clean. I sometimes will handwash them in between meals, but most of the time, I throw them in the dishwasher. Super easy to use, and less mess for everyone!
on June 11, 2014
Why didn't I know about this before?! My son is 19 months old now and since he is feeding himself now, food was getting everywhere. I got this bib about a week ago, and it has worked so amazingly well! It catches everything! Literally, his clothes and booster seat are completely clean, with the exception of a crumb or two. And the best part is that you only need one per child. I just rinse it out after meals with some soapy water and boom, it's ready to be used again. Love this thing!
on November 13, 2017
These are nice bibs. We bought them because we thought they were like the other silicon bibs we got, but alas.. that was not the case. These bibs are well made, but don't think they're the silicon bib type. These are made from hard plastic, contrary to its "soft bib" description. All in all, it'll do the job, but it'll be a pain to store in a very cramped diaper bag.