Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BABYBJORN Soft Bib, Green/Yellow, 2 Pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer power_s3 power_s3 power_s3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Color: Green/Yellow|Change

on May 19, 2011
I am a mother with 3 young children and I wanted to know which bibs worked the best. I have compared the Bumkins Superbib, the Babybjorn bib, the Bibbity bib, and the Bumkins sleeved bib.

With my first child, I quickly realized that using cloth bibs and putting them in the laundry after each meal was a terrible idea. They would get moldy and I had to own a dozen bibs. Then I switched to Bumkins Superbibs. They are very easy to use. I just wash them in the sink after meals and hang them on my bib drying rack. The bibs are dry and ready to use again by the next meal. Bumkins Superbibs are lightweight and my babies never mind wearing them. Since the pockets are soft, they don't work well if the bib has been kept flat in a drawer. I always kept my Superbibs hanging upside down by the pocket on the bib drying rack. So, the pocket dried in the open position and worked better. Now my third child is 8 months old and is eating mushy baby food. Even with the Bumkins Superbibs, there are still always some oatmeal spills on his clothes. I rarely have to change his entire outfit after a meal, but I wondered if there was a better bib available. So, I bought a BabyBjorn bib and a Bibbity bib. Here are my results.

Both the BabyBjorn and the Bibbity bibs are SMALLER than the Bumkins Superbibs. The Babybjorn bib is made of hard plastic (like a cup). It says "soft" in the description but that is just nonsense. The Bibbity bib is softer, like rubber.

The Babybjorn bib is difficult to put on the baby because it is so hard. Even the neck strap is made of stiff plastic. I had great difficulty adjusting the neck hole because it kept hurting my son's neck. I never could get the hole small enough to keep food from escaping onto the clothes below his chin. Plan on baby crying the entire time you are fiddling with his bib. The pocket of the bjorn bib is great and always stays open. However, because the pocket is so rigid, it clashes with the tray. My son sits on a chair that clips onto the countertop. The bjorn bib pocket kept getting caught under the countertop and then it would yank my son's neck. He really hated wearing this bib. The BabyBjorn bib is super easy to wash in the sink. It is easy to dry with a towel so you don't need a bib drying rack with this bib.

The Bibbity bib is much better than the BabyBjorn bib. It is softer and feels like rubber. It was awkward to put on at first and my son was mad. However, he got used to it. I was able to get the neck hole small enough to keep most of the oatmeal out without hurting my son's neck. The pocket stays open pretty well. However, since it is soft, the pocket would close up when my son leaned forward and the pocket hit the edge of the countertop/tray. So, food did slide past the closed pocket and land on my son's lap. The Bibbity bib is about 1 inch shorter than the Bjorn bib and is 2.5 inches shorter than the Bumkins Superbib. It is very easy to wash in the sink and dry with a towel. I think the Bibbity bib works a little better than the Bumkins Superbib because the pocket catches more. My 3 year old daughter refused to wear the Bibbity bib, though, and said it hurt her neck. She loves to wear her Bumkins Superbibs.

Unfortunately, all 3 of these bibs left way too much food spilled on my 8 month old's clothes. If you have a baby who eats mushy baby food and grabs the spoon, a regular bib just doesn't give adequate protection. I still had to change my son's entire outfit after most meals. So, I bought 1 MORE bib. I bought the Bumkins sleeved bib. It was GREAT! It covered everything, even his lap! He could feed himself oatmeal and his clothes were very clean afterward! The sleeved bib was very easy to clean too. I just washed it off in the kitchen sink and hang it on my bib drying rack. It went from dripping wet to completely dry in 2 hours. Since, the bib dries fast, I can use the same sleeved bib at each meal and I only needed to buy one. Here is the link to the drying rack that I am talking about.Mommy Genius Drying Rack--Dry or Display Just About Anything (Baby Bibs, Plastic or Reusable Food Storage Bags, Kitchen Dish Towels, Bathroom Hand Towels, Washcloths, Mugs, Sports Water Bottles, Herbs, Mittens, Children's Boots, Lingerie, Holiday Orname...

In conclusion, I recommend the Bumkins sleeved bib (and a bib drying rack) for any baby who eats pureed food. When they start on finger food, the Bumkins Superbibs and the Bibbity bib are good. The Bibbity work a little better but your child might think they are uncomfortable. I do not recommend the Babybjorn bib. I'm sorry Babybjorn. I love to wear my baby in your carrier:)
22 comments| 310 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 1, 2013
I have been using the Babybjorn Bib for years and love the catch-all pocket. However, I have found a few design flaws that made it problematic to use. The OXO Tot Roll Up Bib corrects all the issues I had with the Babybjorn.

NECK CLASP
The Babybjorn clasp comes undone too easily. A yank by the child in any direction will pop it out. Also, there is a risk of throat trauma if your child sticks the hard plastic cord in his mouth. The Oxo clasp is made of velcro which is slightly more difficult for your child to undo. It is also totally safe if your child starts chewing or sucking on it.

BIB MATERIAL
The Babybjorn plastic is very stiff which can be uncomfortable around the child's neck. When your child is small, the bib may rest on the table or tray and get pushed up into the neck area. My kids found this uncomfortable and would frequently try to yank off the bib.

The Oxo material is nylon in the upper area which is as soft and flexible as a shirt. It conforms to your child's neck which creates a superior seal. The lower bib area is made of soft rubbery material which is much more pliable and forgiveable than the Babybjorn. The Oxo will not get pushed up into the neck when it rests on a tray.

PORTABILITY
The Babybjorn does not fold up in any way. The Oxo rolls up nicely and stays in place with a tab. This makes the Oxo much more portable.

OVERALL
The catch-all pocket is vastly superior to a flat bib in keeping food from ending up on the chair or floor. The pocket also gives your child a chance to "recycle" food by grabbing food out of the pocket. Both the Oxo and Babybjorn can function effectively and can be washed in the dishwasher. However, the Oxo is the clear choice because it is superior in comfort, safety, and portability.
on February 11, 2007
I love these bibs, I had bought 4 of them. Unfortunately, they are softer than the original ones but the softnenss make them wear down fast. I used them for 6 months, and in the bottom pocket's mid section wears down with a hole. This happened to all of them. The original ones that are harder plastics, do not have this problem. I had an original one from my older son, 2 years ago, still good and can be washed in dish washer.
on December 26, 2014
It's easy to clean.
review image
on December 8, 2015
Easy to clean and catches food/liquids very well, but won't get much use past infant stage.

After 3+ years experience of feeding 2 little ones, wife and I tired of cleaning up liquids and mush everywhere. I'd considered just feeding them myself until college, but the 18-month old insists on feeding himself. "Normal" bibs just didn't do a great job of catching all the slop that ended up on their shirts, pants, baby seat, and the floor.

Some of the many bibs we have:
BabyBjorn Soft Bib: Relatively stiff rubber with big scoop on the bottom. Easy to clean and great in theory, but it's uncomfortable for toddlers, and gets in the way of the tray table, creating a big gap for food to fall through. It should ideally be a foot longer. This one rarely gets used.
OXO Tot Silicone Roll Up Bib: Similar to BabyBjorn bib, but only the bottom scoop is rubber and the rest is thick fabric. Since the upper portion is fabric, the scoop portion can rest on top of the tray, but that gets in the way of the bowl/plate and also leaves a gap with the shirt and pants. We keep 2 for on the go use (rolls up compactly into the scoop portion). Recommended.
Bumkins Waterproof Super Bib: Thin, water-resistant fabric bib is compact and comfortable, but the flimsy fabric scoop barely stays open. Liquids dribble down the bib and the tray onto pants and floor. These stink like a hobo unless you properly wash and dry in the sunlight!
Bumkins Waterproof Supersized SuperBib: Same as their regular bib above, but extra long to better cover the pants, with the single scoop at the bottom. Note that the middle lateral stitching is just for reinforcement, NOT another scoop. Similar downsides as the shorter version + bigger size is a bit more challenging to clean.
BIB-ON, A New, Full-Coverage Bib and Apron Combination: BIB-ON has the same extra-long length as Bumkins Supersized, but with much better lateral coverage and waist Velcro straps and also much thicker fabric. The fabric scoop is also stitched to form separate small-big-small scoops at the bottom to better stay open to catch food and liquid. Same downsides as Bumkins Supersized. We love this bib and bought a second one. Very highly recommended!
on May 30, 2015
This bib is very hard and what I mean by hard I mean by that it's not flexible at all. It's a very stiff shape and it doesn't seem to allow much moment when my daughter is wearing it. The neck band is also very rough. I understand why they made it to be that way in order to have an adjustable clasp for length. It does catch food that my daughter drops and does what a bib is supposed to do and that is to keep food off my daughter's shirt.
review image
on May 5, 2006
My one year old loved to rip off his old bibs, plus they had some cloth in them so they took a while to dry, and they had those flip out pockets that sometimes flipped shut. We got sick of that, so decided to be a little more spendy and try these. THey are awesome! No velcro, so the little guy can't rip it off (although sometimes that frustrates him too). They are easy to rinse off and wipe dry, so they are ideal for restaurants. The pocket is big and molded, so it can't sort of glue itself shut when something wet comes along. We honestly should have bought these in the first place. Don't make the same mistake we did... spend less, buy these now instead of the cheapo kind.
on June 25, 2013
With our first kid, I've been glued to the computer trying to navigate and research all the crap you can buy. I really try to be a minimalist when it comes to parenting gadgetry, but after the first few attempts at non-bib feeding (and mostly subsequent cleaning...ughh) that rose to priority status. We came across these baby bjorns and decided to give them a try. I wouldn't exactly call them "soft", they are more of a flexible plastic. Some friends of ourse have silicon bibs that are very malleable, but these definitely keep their shape.

First of all, the tray is brilliant!! Catches the food and our kid gets a few more attempts to shovel it in before it inevitably falls to the floor. Cleanup has been significantly reduced and these are easy to wipe down or stick in a dishwasher I guess (though we've never had to do that).

The neck strap is easy and secure and the bib doesn't move around when the kid's arms are flailing around so that's definitely a bonus. When we visit friends and family, or go out to eat, we get A LOT of comments and envious looks from other parents. They are a little more expensive, but really easy to use, reduce cleanup, easy and adjustable to wear, firm yet pliable for comfort and protection and effective at keeping food available for the baby.

They really perform as I had expected and hoped, therefore 4 stars. I think I would prefer for them to be a little more soft and pliable, but so far they have been excellent.
on March 2, 2016
Up till now we were just using cloth napkins or thin, PUL coated bibs for our toddler. When the napkins were constantly crusty and adding to our laundry and the PUL on the thin bibs was torn and not waterproof anymore I knew it was time to order these serious, sturdy, waterproof, quick-drying bibs complete with large pockets to catch all the drips of creamy wheat cereal, oatmeal, and chunks of scrambled eggs. I ordered blue and orange because we have a girl now but are expecting another baby and will not know the gender until we see him/her in just 6 weeks! I like the vibrant gender-neutral colors. I don't love the fact that the brand name is posted on the front and center but the bear is really cute and our daughter loves to look at it and talk about it. I like the easy and adjustable strap that goes around the neck but be careful not to crimp Baby's hair in the contraption when you put it on!
on February 17, 2014
I would recommend this product to EVERY single parent that exists. They are extremely practical and very useful. When my little one drops foods into them, he will reach in and retrieve the foods to continue eating the food with ease. Another bonus is they will keep your floors cleaner (as clean as they could possibly be with a little one learning to eat solids at least) less food will fall on the floors and will keep your high chair considerably cleaner.
They are dishwasher safe, I imagine top shelf would be the best place. But really, you don't even need that. Just a little soap and water right after a meal and they are cleaned in seconds. I use a diluted bleach water solution once in a while as well.
There is no Velcro that will get all pilley and eventually not stick and can be fitted to ANY neck size, unlike the single button bibs.
I am buying them for everyone I know who are having babies.
These ROCK!