Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Color: Green/Yellow|Change

Showing 1-10 of 2,650 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 3,003 reviews
on May 20, 2011
I am a mother with 3 young children and I wanted to know which bibs worked the best. I have compared the Bumkins Superbib, the Babybjorn bib, the Bibbity bib, and the Bumkins sleeved bib.

With my first child, I quickly realized that using cloth bibs and putting them in the laundry after each meal was a terrible idea. They would get moldy and I had to own a dozen bibs. Then I switched to Bumkins Superbibs. They are very easy to use. I just wash them in the sink after meals and hang them on my bib drying rack. The bibs are dry and ready to use again by the next meal. Bumkins Superbibs are lightweight and my babies never mind wearing them. Since the pockets are soft, they don't work well if the bib has been kept flat in a drawer. I always kept my Superbibs hanging upside down by the pocket on the bib drying rack. So, the pocket dried in the open position and worked better. Now my third child is 8 months old and is eating mushy baby food. Even with the Bumkins Superbibs, there are still always some oatmeal spills on his clothes. I rarely have to change his entire outfit after a meal, but I wondered if there was a better bib available. So, I bought a BabyBjorn bib and a Bibbity bib. Here are my results.

Both the BabyBjorn and the Bibbity bibs are SMALLER than the Bumkins Superbibs. The Babybjorn bib is made of hard plastic (like a cup). It says "soft" in the description but that is just nonsense. The Bibbity bib is softer, like rubber.

The Babybjorn bib is difficult to put on the baby because it is so hard. Even the neck strap is made of stiff plastic. I had great difficulty adjusting the neck hole because it kept hurting my son's neck. I never could get the hole small enough to keep food from escaping onto the clothes below his chin. Plan on baby crying the entire time you are fiddling with his bib. The pocket of the bjorn bib is great and always stays open. However, because the pocket is so rigid, it clashes with the tray. My son sits on a chair that clips onto the countertop. The bjorn bib pocket kept getting caught under the countertop and then it would yank my son's neck. He really hated wearing this bib. The BabyBjorn bib is super easy to wash in the sink. It is easy to dry with a towel so you don't need a bib drying rack with this bib.

The Bibbity bib is much better than the BabyBjorn bib. It is softer and feels like rubber. It was awkward to put on at first and my son was mad. However, he got used to it. I was able to get the neck hole small enough to keep most of the oatmeal out without hurting my son's neck. The pocket stays open pretty well. However, since it is soft, the pocket would close up when my son leaned forward and the pocket hit the edge of the countertop/tray. So, food did slide past the closed pocket and land on my son's lap. The Bibbity bib is about 1 inch shorter than the Bjorn bib and is 2.5 inches shorter than the Bumkins Superbib. It is very easy to wash in the sink and dry with a towel. I think the Bibbity bib works a little better than the Bumkins Superbib because the pocket catches more. However, my 3 year old daughter refused to wear the Bibbity bib, and said it hurt her neck. She loves to wear her Bumkins Superbibs. UPDATE: My son is now 13 months old and refuses to wear the Bibbity bib. It is just too heavy and uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, all 3 of these bibs left way too much food spilled on my 8 month old's clothes. If you have a baby who eats mushy baby food and grabs the spoon, a regular bib just doesn't give adequate protection. So, I bought 1 MORE bib. I bought the Bumkins sleeved bib. It was GREAT! It covered everything, even his lap! He could feed himself oatmeal, make a huge mess, and his clothes were clean afterward! The sleeved bib is very easy to clean too. I just wash it off in the kitchen sink and hang it on my bib drying rack (which sits right next to the sink). It went from dripping wet to completely dry in 2 hours. Since, the sleeved bib dries fast on the rack, I use the same bib at each meal and only needed to buy one sleeved bib. I put it in the laundry every few days.

UPDATE: My son is now 13 months old. He refuses to wear the Bibbity bib at all. It is too heavy and uncomfortable. He also pulls off his Bumkins Superbibs, throws them on the floor, and laughs. So, I put the Bumkins Sleeved bib on him for every meal. He feeds himself spaghetti and makes the biggest mess you've ever seen. He doesn't mind wearing the sleeved bib and can't get it off. It also does the best job protecting his clothes. I wash it in the kitchen sink after meals and hang it on the bib drying rack. It is dry in about 2 hours. I put it in the laundry every few days. If I had to do it all over again, I'd probably buy 2 Bumkins Sleeved bibs and a drying rack and that's it. Here is a link to the drying rack I am talking about. Mommy Genius Drying Rack--Dry or Display Just About Anything (Baby Bibs, Plastic or Reusable Food Storage Bags, Kitchen Dish Towels, Bathroom Hand Towels, Washcloths, Mugs, Sports Water Bottles, Herbs, Mittens, Children's Boots, Lingerie, Holiday Orname...
1212 comments| 230 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 26, 2014
It's easy to clean.
review image
on March 27, 2017
These are extremely cute, sturdy, and so easy to clean. They lay flat on the baby, so they work well for keeping food off of baby's clothes (for the most part). I had trouble with food around the neck because you don't want it to be on too tight and so you end up with some food around the collar area. Still, they do quite well with keeping food off or things.

The biggest downside that I've encountered with these is that my daughter hates them. She tugs at them. Gets upset when I put them on her. And, well, that does not put her in the right frame of mind for actually eating.

That said, I ordered these because some list I read online said that cloth bibs were basically useless and these are the way to go. I stopped using them after a few uses and have stuck to cloth bibs since and they do a great job. I do have to wash them and baby food stains massively, but I've found that tossing the cloth bibs into a basin of warm water with Dreft in it eliminates the food stains. (Others I've spoken with have just been okay with stains since they're bibs and that's what they're for.)
on November 22, 2015
Seriously, my toddler HATES bibs these days, but he actually thinks these ones are fun! They're super firm and cover him and his clothes completely, but the material is so soft and comfortable, and the piece that secures them around your child is beaded like a soft little necklace. We've had many other bibs that have the "catch-all" at the bottom but this is the only one that works perfectly, always! My son's favorite food is yogurt but he's not that great with his spoon, and it gets MESSY... but now, he doesn't! :) The bottom part is so sturdy it's like a little bowl of it's own, and my son's taken to scooping the yogurt that falls into it out with his spoon... not the best table manners but a testament to how strong these bibs are. I can't emphasize this enough, these things are super strong but super comfy... my kiddo actually has some sensory issues so bibs really were a BIG issue for us for a long time. So for ANYONE looking for a better bib for their kiddos, regardless of reason, I can guarantee you these are the bibs you're looking for. You won't be disappointed!!!
on March 12, 2017
I like these bibs because they're great at catching liquids. It a must for when your child eats soup or cereal with milk. However they are very rigid and doesn't give (bend) like other ones I have tried. I prefer Teeny Tiny Paws food catcher bibs to these ones. Unfortunately, Amazon doesn't seem to sell them anymore. They were flexible but still caught food and held liquids just as well. Flexibility matters when your kid is trying to lean forward and the bib presses up against the table. These ones just get shoved under the table because it's so rigid, while the flexible ones just bend. The Teeny Tiny Paws ones also have a longer "chain" that goes around the neck so my kids are able to put it on themselves rather than me having to help them with it.
on November 5, 2016
These are the best bibs, truly. We have tried other plastic bibs and the soft ones are pointless because the baby can lift them and spill the collected food everywhere. The stiffness of these is perfect and the baby is unable to toss them around or take them off easily.
I have bought them for multiple friends as gifts, and we exclusively use these bibs for our own children. I don't find the stiff structure a problem, but a plus. At restaurants that don't have clean surfaces to place food on, we cut up food and place it in the bib for the baby to pull out. Works perfectly!
on June 3, 2016
My daughter is 2 and seems to not like these bibs. They are a hard plastic that is awkward when placing her in the high chair. If you adjust it so that it's lower to catch food then there's a gap near the neck. The plastic is not that flexible so it seems to make her uncomfortable when the high chair tray is pushed closest to her body. She always rips the bib off herself. Although they're easy to clean, they don't transport well since they're not flexible and can't be easily squished into a diaper bag. These would probably be better suited for infants and babies under 2 that are just starting to eat solid foods and can't take their bib off themselves.
on March 3, 2017
I LOVE these bibs! They are seriously the only bibs you need. Get a couple cute bibs for pictures but get these for every day. I had cloth bibs. Food stuck to them so bad and he had to have a new bib for every meal. These are so easy to wash off and you can air dry between meals or wipe dry if you need it faster. I have two and that's it. Plus that little pocket catches everything he drops saving me time changing and washing pants. They can fold up for traveling. Some babies may not be comfortable in them but my baby loved them. Would definitely recommend!
on September 19, 2014
Must have! You will never need or want another bib after you purchase these. They may seem expensive but trust me, they are worth it and you really won't need any other bibs. I would recommend having at least two just for ease of always having a clean one but they clean up so quickly and easily anyway. Word of Caution: My parents have an older model high chair (a Graco from around 2009) at their home and unfortunately the way the tray on their model is designed there is not enough space between baby and the tray for the bib to fit so he cannot wear it there so it may be a bit tight to fit on some model of highchairs.
on December 21, 2011
Our son must feed himself AND he hates bibs, but we were having some sensational messes, so something had to be done. This bib was the answer! He doesn't try to pull it off, and when he feeds himself, whatever doesn't end up in his mouth (or stay in his hand) falls into the sturdy, open pouch/bowl part. He pulls food from there and off his high chair tray, and more ends up getting eaten than on the floor (though he occasionally tosses food over the sides, for which our Shih Tzu is eternally grateful). It's easy to clean, holds up well and apparently is comfortable enough that he leaves it alone. I would recommend this to all parents!