Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Garnet Jewelry Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon harrypotter harrypotter harrypotter  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 16 reviews
on February 27, 2017
Considering that this is the cheapest spiting scope with a reticle I could find on the interned I am quite happy with this. I'm sure that a more expensive one could be a lot better, as this one has room for improvement, but frankly I like to test my abilities on the cheep stuff before I invest in more expensive equipment. Id rather school someone with cheep, basic, old and/or well used equipment that have expensive, shiny, new stuff and not know how to use it (I see this a ton on the range...seriously tons). Practice and knowledge beet money 9 times out of 10 when skill is involved.

My biggest gripe is that the reticle is on the second focal plane so the hash marks are only accurate at max zoom 33x. Optical clarity is okay considering the price. You will defiantly find it a useful tool but if you are used to expensive glass you might find this a bit harder to look through. The focus works but is a bit sensitive and can be hard to make minor adjustments to get it in the best possible focus.

The tripod is sturdy metal construction and that combined with the case is a real plus to me. Packs away nicely and deploys reliably.
Overall the scope seems to be pretty durable and could take a few bags or drops (haven't this tested yet).

If your looking for your first tactical spotting scope, give this a long look. If you looking for a high quality professional optic I recommend you keep looking as you will likely need to upgrade down the road.
on June 11, 2016
Pros:
-Compact, somewhat durable, the only spotting scope with a mil-dot reticle that doesn't cost a fortune.

Cons:
-Awful reticle design. It rotates with the eyepiece. After some use you will notice the mil-cross reticle is tilted 45 degrees or more and you have to spend some time with it often to get it sort-of centered again.

-The reticle itself looks like it was spray painted on using a stencil. Check my attached image, it's the worst reticle I have ever seen. Has nobody else mentioned this yet?

-The glass quality is poor, but I can still spot vapor trails to 800 yards or so.

Not recommended unless you're very desperate for an inexpensive spotting scope that has a mil-cross reticle. I would suggest spending your money on something without a reticle and better glass, or saving up for something from a better company that can actually do reticles correctly. I've hassled with this thing for a year and a half now and wish I went with something different. It's only saving grace is that it technically hasn't broken on me yet.
review image
on May 11, 2016
It's ok, get what you pay for.
on February 25, 2016
Fantastic spotting scope. The Mildot system is helpful
on November 13, 2015
At 300 yds.had similar clarity to other scopes costing $1,500!
on June 11, 2015
For the price you can't beat it. Good out to 500 yards. Beyond that the optics kind of fail and become blurry.
on June 9, 2015
1st one I ordered had a reticle rotated clockwise 30° and the replacement is counterclockwise 15°. Very hard to focus due to how tight the knob is.
on May 24, 2015
VERY good spotting scope for the $. MilDot.

It isnt a leupold, but I didn't expect that.
on March 18, 2015
It's the only low priced spotting scope with a mil reticle on the market. That because said: it only reads in full mils and the reticle is second focal plane, so it's only accurate on full power. I have yet to really confirm that the reticle is true to scale. If you can afford more money for better quantity, then that is my recommendation.
on February 4, 2015
When I turned the zoom, the reticle would rotate. I didn't like that at all. Also there is no way to adjust the angle of the eyepiece, the tripod mount is fixed to the optic frame.