Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Ultimate Hits by Garth Brooks PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 22, 2016
Overall, nice fan. Operates quietly from the AC plug-in adapter. Haven't tried with D-cell batteries, so can't verify that. However, I did power it with a 12.6V Li-Ion battery and it runs a little faster (as expected) than with the supplied AC adapter. Don't know if it will last long using the hotter 12.6VDC vs. the 9VDC from the AC adapter, but I'll be testing it this weekend on a camping trip.

Now some tips for the manufacturer, or home DIY person to make this item more useful and portable. I'll be using the fan with a small Li-Ion battery pack, lighter and more power than (6) D-cell batteries. I also want to keep the AC plug-in adapter packed with the fan, as I don't want to lose track of it. Being that this is the 6-cell, not the 8-cell version of this fan, I found that the AC plug-in adapter will stow in the battery compartment, even when it has 6 D-cell batteries loaded in it. A couple of small holes were made in the battery case that allow the AC adapter plug to poke through (see photos). Now the adapter can be stored with the fan.

When manufacturer responds to my question about 12 VDC vs. 9VDC, I'll update if any issues.
review image review image
33 comments| 40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 26, 2017
This fan was a godsend during and after our recent hurricane Irma! Power was out 3+ days and we used it all night long for 3 nights-- plus on and off during the days - we used a generator on and off with a regular fan as gas was difficult to get! This little fan did a surprisingly great job for its size! Definitely one of the best emergency items we had on hand in the hot Florida weather! It folds up to a very compact size and has an adapter cord if you want to plug it in and use it. The fan is a heavy plastic so lightweight to store or take in the car if you are traveling! The batteries were still going strong and we did not have to change them out even with all that use!!
on September 11, 2017
I get overheated during summer tennis. Believe it or not it's called (heat dissapation disorder). I'm in my 60's and I have struggled with overheating for over 10 years. To continue playing tennis indoors and outdoors year-round I needed something that would fit in my big tennis bag and allow me to put it on my lap and aim it at my chest. It's got enough power to cool the top of my head by lifting it up and letting it blow around my scalp. You tennis enthusiasts know how hard it is to NOT play when you've been a tennis player for 35 years. Onward and upward...
on October 13, 2017
Very nice, inexpensive, personal fan. Don't expect this fan to keep you cool from 10 or 15 feet away, but if you're fairly close to it, say 5 to 7 feet away, it does a nice job of moving the air around just enough. It has two speeds. I keep it fairly close to me so I just use the lower speed, which moves the air around my face as I sit at my table just enough to keep me comfortable.
on September 21, 2017
Did what we needed it to while camping.
Gave us the sound of a fan and the wind in our face to sleep.
Granted this will not work for two people, each person will probably need their own fan.
My husband and I had our own fans. The battery compartment is a little flimsy.. but it does the job.
on September 30, 2017
Living in Florida, hurricane season happens the same time every year. We needed fans that run on battery and these really deliver power and run forever on one set of batteries. Large enough to cover a large room...but small enough to carry with you from room to room when the power goes out.
on October 14, 2017
2nd one of these and love the dual power quiet little fans. This new version onky uses 6D batteries vs 8 before. Only reason we had to replace the previous one after almost 10 years was the wife dropped it on time floor and broke a couple of blades.
on March 20, 2017
Desk top fan is a godsend!
on July 26, 2017
What a great fan. I can take it out to the shooting range with me or use it in my hotel room. I'm very happy with the purchase.
on August 5, 2017
This is a great little fan. I bought it to use in my rented storage unit as I am cleaning it out. It creates a nice little breeze. There is no electricity in the unit, so the batteries work fine. It is easy to carry and will be used in other applications.