Industrial Deals HPC Trade in your textbooks Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $54.99 for a limited time only Handmade Last Minute Gifts Holiday Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members Star Wars movies on sale for Prime members  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite Assassin's Creed Origins Shop now HTL17_gno

on October 8, 2017
Loved this!!
on May 25, 2016
Fabulous
on May 13, 2017
Essential.
on August 9, 2013
Is it possible for three actors to steal the same show? That's how difficult it is to choose among the performances of Jacobi, Stewart and Bloom. And I would give honorable mention to Eric Porter as the Ghost too, although the part is too small to rank with the others.

I've been studying this play -- reading the play, reading about the play, seeing numerous productions -- for thirty-five years, and this production stands high above all the others. For those who have studied the play, the actors' original and nuanced performances address all of the questions raised by this puzzling text and are consistent in supporting what I find to be one very convincing reading of it. I'd prefer not to spoil things for anyone by going into detail.

Two things I found to be minor annoyances (or mildly amusing) that soon became unobtrusive were that, as the first court scene begins, you notice right away that whoever did Jacobi's makeup got totally carried away with the eyebrow pencil; and, as hard as I tried to convince myself otherwise, Stewart appears to be wearing what can only be described as a cheesy bathrobe.

But again, as for the performances, I can only wonder why anyone has found it necessary to make more Hamlets since this production's release over thirty years ago.
on September 2, 2016
Best Hamlet movie ever, hands down!
on March 10, 2017
Sir Derek is my very favorite actor. This performance tells exactly why.
on December 2, 2015
Good play
on February 13, 2016
My favorite film version. I notice something new each time I have watched it. Great stuff.
on January 11, 2017
Great Performance!
on May 6, 2016
I loved it ! Well done I dare say ! I highly recommend this one !