- Paperback: 384 pages
- Publisher: Manning Publications; 1 edition (October 12, 2014)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 161729165X
- ISBN-13: 978-1617291654
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.7 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 32 customer reviews
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#105,724 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #3 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Languages & Tools > Assembly Language Programming
- #15 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Tools
- #49 in Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Software Design, Testing & Engineering > Testing
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
BDD in Action: Behavior-driven development for the whole software lifecycle 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
See the Best Books of 2018 So Far
Looking for something great to read? Browse our editors' picks for the best books of the year so far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
John Ferguson Smart is a specialist in BDD, automated testing, and software life cycle development optimization.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
* Where to start in the process
* What to test and what not to test
* How much to test in one go
* What to call the tests
* How to understand why a test fails
The traditional development process provides many opportunities for misunderstandings and miscommunication. BDD in action presents the process how software development should be managed by both business interests and technical insight. Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) encourages teams to use conversation and concrete examples to build up a shared understanding of how an application should work and which features really matter. BDD in Action is a great introduction to Behavior Driven Development.
This is what I liked about the book:
* Presentation of Behavior Driven Development theory with real world practical approach to make readers comfortable and have a quick grasp on the subject
* Book does a good job defining the BDD principles and practices. The books shows you how to integrate them into your existing development process
* How to use BDD for acceptance, integration, and unit testing
* The book goes beyond introduction with inclusion of advance topics such as living documentation, running parallel acceptance tests, and continuous integration
None, that I am aware of
Wish list for next edition:
Inclusion of some guidance to the user for choosing a BDD tool.
Disclaimer: As a volunteer reviewer, I received a complimentary copy of the eBook from Manning.
Most recent customer reviews
Lots of examples - this book is ideal guide if...Read more