Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
BDI Avion 8927 Triple Wide Entertainment Cabinet, Espresso Stained Oak
|Price:||$1,849.00 & FREE Shipping|
- Hidden Wheels - Even when fully loaded, can be moved for easy rear access to cables and connections
- Cable Management - Keep cables organized with an integrated cable-management system
- Adjustable Shelves - Position shelves at varying heights to accommodate additional or larger components
- Flow-Through Ventilation - Heat vents out through the back panel, keeping hot-running components cooler
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 22.5" x 65" x 22"
- Hidden Wheels -: Even when fully loaded, can be moved for easy rear access to cables and connections
- Cable Management -: Keep cables organized with an integrated cable-management system
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Compare to similar items
This item BDI Avion 8927 Triple Wide Entertainment Cabinet, Espresso Stained Oak
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||IQ HOME ENTERTAINMENT||OJCommerce||IQ HOME ENTERTAINMENT||GRAMOPHONE||Amazon.com||GRAMOPHONE|
|Color||Espresso Stained Oak||Ravenwood Black||Chocolate Stained Walnut||Black Stained Oak||Ravenwood Black||Chocolate Stained Walnut|
|Item Dimensions||65 x 22 x 22.5 in||75 x 19.75 x 22.25 in||20.25 x 79.25 x 28.25 in||65 x 22 x 22.5 in||70.75 x 15.75 x 19.5 in||20 x 79 x 22.25 in|
|Item Weight||189 lbs||112 lbs||216 lbs||—||83 lbs||176 lbs|
|Material Type||Hardwood Veneer||Wood||—||Hardwood Veneer||Wood||—|
Avion Series II is engineered to meet the needs of the most sophisticated home theaters. It's a beautiful piece of furniture, but it's what you don't see that makes it such an original. Innovative features such as flow-through ventilation, a concealed speaker/media compartment and hidden wheels make this low enclosed cabinet a real stand out. One lower compartment, two side component compartments and a center drawer. Center drawer can accommodate a speaker and/or media, or can be removed for a larger speaker. or use with up to 60-Inch Flat Panel or Rear Projection TVs. Fully assembled except for pulls and legs.
From the Manufacturer
The home theater has become a part of everyday home life. It’s where many hours are spent as family and friends come together for entertainment and relaxation. BDI Furniture merges innovative engineering and original design to seamlessly integrate today’s technology into the home. From the family room to the living room to the bedroom, there’s a BDI solution for any setting.
Room for up to seven components
While beautiful, BDI furniture is more than meets the eye. Our home theater furniture is among the most thoroughly engineered furniture available today, designed to anticipate the needs of the most demanding home theater systems. Features such as adjustable shelves, cable management, speaker/media storage and hidden wheels provide simple setup, ease of use and lasting enjoyment.
BDI home theater cabinets ship almost completely assembled, requiring only minimal hardware installation by the user or installer. Packaging is environmentally conscious and thoroughly designed to ensure that everything arrives as expected.
Removable back panels provide easy access to the rear of components
BDI’s award-winning Avion collection has evolved to the next generation of home theater excellence with Avion Series II. Signature features such as flow-through ventilation, versatile side compartments and hidden wheels make Avion Series II an open and shut case for home theater superiority.
Sleek Design And Intelligent Features – It’s The Center Of Entertainment
There is plenty of room for a complete home theater within this design’s lower and side compartments. The versatile side compartments include an adjustable shelf that rests on threaded and cushioned shelf supports that minimize vibrations. The center drawer can accommodate a center channel speaker and media, or can be removed to reveal an open shelf that houses up to an 8.25” tall speaker. Integrated wheels allow the entire cabinet to be rolled away from the wall and integrated levelers compensate for uneven floors. The lower compartment features a flip down door for access to components or stored media. Flow-through ventilation slots are machined into the bottom, shelves and back panels to protect components from overheating.
The Avion Series II is the ideal choice for a flat panel TV (up to 60”) and a medium-large sized home theater system, accommodating up to 7 components. For an alternative mounting option, this model works well with BDI’s Arena Flat Panel TV Mount 9970 or 9972 (sold separately), which allows the TV to stand even higher and swivel for optimal viewing.
BDI design integrates beauty, function and quality
- Recommended TV Size: up to 60” Flat Panel or Rear Projection TV
- Arena TV Mount Compatibility: 9970 and 9972
- Component Capacity: 5 - 7
- Number of Adjustable Shelves: 2
- Adjustable Shelf Increments: 1.25in / 32mm; 6 positions
- Top Shelf Capacity: 200 lbs / 91 kg
- A. Speaker/Media Drawer
- B. Side Component Compartment
- C. Center Component Compartment
Interior Dimensions (H x W x D): 7.25 x 22.75 x 15.75 in / 18 x 58 x 40 cm
Drawer Capacity: 40 lbs / 18 kg
When Removed (H x W x D): 8.25 x 25 x 16.5 in / 21 x 63 x 41 cm
Capacity (when removed): 50 lbs / 23 kg
Interior Dimensions (H x W x D): 16.25 x 18.5 x 20.5 in / 41 x 47 x 52 cm
Adjustable Shelf Capacity: 50 lbs / 23 kg
Bottom Shelf Capacity: 75 lbs / 34 kg
Interior Dimensions (H x W x D): 8 x 25 x 16.5 in / 21 x 64 x 43 cm
Bottom Shelf Capacity: 75 lbs / 34 kg
Top Customer Reviews
Only design miss is the cable run for the center channel speaker. It's clever that they allowed a space for the speaker wire to run straight out of the drawer to the back, but they didn't provide any way to have the wire retract into the back when you open/close the drawer. Thus, the speaker wire bunches-up in the back of the drawer and prevents the drawer from closing! I don't know what they were thinking on this, and there are no suggestions provided. I came up with a decent solution using a 24" length of clear plastic tubing (or small rigid conduit would also work), and ran the speaker wire through it. I fastened it to the drawer bottom so that the tubing smoothly pulled in/out through the opening in the back of the cabinet when the drawer went in/out. That kept the wire from bunching-up.
Shipping via CEVA Logistics was HORRIBLE and slow. Shipped out on 11/22 and didn't arrive until 10PM on 12/8, and it was only going from VA to NJ. 4 or 5 calls to find out where it was and why it was stuck. Thankfully, as a consolation it at least arrived in fine shape.
Sure it looks great, but the best things about this cabinet are:
1. excellent door and drawer hardware! Soft close doors, non-slamming, kid-proof!
2. accommodates deep AV components, i.e. my DVD changer is nearly 20" deep
3. great design for cable management and optimized airflow
4. removable back panels for each section - easy wiring/setup
5. hidden wheels - easy to roll in and out for any cabling changes/additions
I got this particular stand for a few reasons:
1. I love the looks.
2. The glass inserts that make it possible to use a remote.
3. Adjustable shelving.
4. While competitors had some of the above, the thing that really set this apart was the hidden wheels. Other stands did not have wheels or they did have wheels, but they were not hidden. Not exactly the look I would want.
5. The removable drawer in the top center area of the stand. While my speaker would barely fit in the drawer, I decided to take the drawer completely out so that it would not affect sound quality. To be honest, it looks better with the drawer in, but I like it without it, too.
The main problem with any closed stand is heat that is generated from components. I thought I would try it for a few days with the back panels attached and without any ventilation and my satellite box was hot enough to fry eggs on it. I took the back panels off for now and put the satellite box and PS3 on top of the unit. I have ordered a fan that was designed specifically for this situation, so I am hoping that will allow me to put the box back inside the stand.
All in all, I am very impressed with the looks and what appears to be top notch construction. However, I would advise people to be aware that closed cabinets may need fans to move hot air away from components, but it is worthwhile for me.