Truck Reviews Beauty Best Books of the Month Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Kids Edition Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Find a new favorite show Shop now Start your Baby Registry

• Customer Reviews

on December 5, 2013
I have had a pair of Bearpaw 605w from years ago and they were of high quality suede outer and super soft sheepskin inside. Needed to update as they were getting too clunky (the fluff flattened and the boot stretched out - they started out a tiny bit big to begin with). These newer one are perfect in size - dont feel that they'll be an issue when the sheepskin flattens. My only gripe is, the suede feels really cheap. Not soft, just stiff. But everything else is great. I'm a true size 7 and bought a 7.

EDIT: i tried a size 6 as the size 7 did end up feeling like it might be a tiny big and this pair was HORRIBLE!! Lining is only 60% sheepskin (but honestly i question if its even that high) and mixed with wool and ACRYLIC!?... Feels sparse, flat and furry as opposed to thick, soft and really dense. Wow what a difference between the 2 sized pairs and what an inconsistency. What happened to bearpaw?? Anyways size wise the size 6 is actually a smidge smaller than size 7 so if you're a size 6.5 definitely go down to a size 6 and hopefully you don't get a crap pair.
on November 22, 2012
I ordered these boots in a size 9. Everyone around where I live (a college campus) seems to have a pair of these "ugg" style boots and I wanted in on the trend. I think I know why everyone wears them now.. They're amazing! As someone whose feet are literally always cold, I was pleasantly surprised at how warm these are. They are super warm. At times when every other part of my body, coat and all, has been cold, my feet have always been perfectly warm wearing these. I can't emphasize how impressive that is. I have another pair of thinsulate lined snow boots that don't keep my feet even close to as warm as these do.

I took the advice of a few other reviews and waterproofed my new boots. The color darkened a little bit but water I have spilled on them on purpose rolls right off. So far, so good.

I think these are high quality, fairly priced boots. They seem to fit true to size. I haven't tried them out yet in heavy snow but I have high hopes for them and will post an updated review when I do.
on October 28, 2014
I like this brand of boots. They are nice and cozy and not ridiculously overpriced. I have been having trouble with the fit. I am a size 81/2 and ordered a size 9. When I ordered these boots I found out that depending on if I wear them with bare feet, which gives me so much extra room I would have to go down a size, or socks ( +thickness factor), they are nice and snug. The Meadow boots are very tight around my calves and made them uncomfortable in the ankle area. Going to try a different kind with a wider fit in the leg.
on December 11, 2013
I have owned Bearpaw boots for a few years now and I wear them so much I wanted to replace my old pair.

The first pair I received from Amazon had something sharp attached at the heel seam, which stuck into the back of my heel making them impossible to wear without extreme discomfort.

Amazon replaced these with a second pair - these had a big black permanent mark on one of the boots.

The third pair appear ok.
However, all three of the pairs received are not of the same quality as Bearpaw meadow boots that I have previously purchased. They all varied in size and seem much narrower around the foot and ankle than my old boots. They do not appear very well made now, so I do not know how long these will last with continued use.

Also, please be aware that the lining is NOT entirely natural as the advert would have you believe. The label inside states 60% sheepskin, 10% wool and 30% acrylic.

Overall, I am thoroughly disappointed that the quality of these boots has deteriorated considerably since my last Bearpaw purchase.
2 people found this helpful
on January 8, 2015
I've been looking for a pair of winter warm boots for a few weeks and I was torn between splurging on a pair of Uggs or going with something cheaper yet sturdy. I came across these BearPaws two days ago and when I saw that the cost of the black ones was cheaper than the actual website figured i'd take a risk, and I am so glad that I did. The black is just that BLACK no ash. The fit is perfect, I'm between an 8 and 8.5 so I went with a 9; and i have room to wear thick socks if I wanted to. They came just in time, i'll be rocking these tomorrow. I think I may order one more pair in a lighter color.
One person found this helpful
on December 19, 2013
First, the soles are flimsier than they look. The soles look thick on the outside. But when I am wearing them it feels as if I'm walking bare feeted. I thought with the supposed thick shearling it would feel more cushiony. Not so! Don't like the feel at all.

Second, I might be the only person in the world to think these boots are not that warm! I live in Maine and we just went through two snow storms. I wear them out on snowy grounds. My toes are cold. Perhaps it is because the soles of the boots are so flimsy there's not much insulation between my feet and the snow. Even my worn and torn Emu feels warmer still.

Third, someone mentioned some kind of metal plate on the back of the boots scratching the heels. It is true! Not all the time, but unfortunately it hurts most when my foot is on the pedals while driving. That is a absolute no no to me.

I like the color and the style and the price. But these boots are just flaw.
on February 19, 2012
I bought these because I needed a warm boot with traction. I also didn't want to spend a lot on a pair of boots that would only be worn for a few months. I do a lot a of walking which is why I wanted traction and these were the only ugg-style pair I saw at a good price. I usually wear a 9.5 so ordered these in a 10 which is usually big but these are not. My toes hit the front of the boot which I thought would be a problem after a few minutes of walking. I read another review that said these boots made someone bleed on their heels - after about 20 minutes of walking in these, my heels bled too. There is a piece of stiff material on the heel (which you can kind of see in the pictures) that rubbed so much, it scraped off some skin. I had to stop at a store and buy some thicker socks and band-aids in order for me to be able to walk home without too much pain. I'm giving 3 stars because they are very warm and of decent quality (especially for the price!) and I'm sure they would be fine for most people who do not do a whole lot of walking. I've worn them in single digit temperatures and they kept my feet warm but I am also wearing 2 pairs of extra thick socks to keep them from rubbing on my heels. Once my heels are healed, I'm sure one pair of thick socks will do the job but right now they are still tender.
on November 10, 2012
I ordered these boots because A: the mouth of the boot was the largest I could find, and I figured they would fit my larger calves and B: they had tread on the bottom that I was desperate for. I was buying these to wear when I moved to Alaska, and was worried about slipping on ice.
When they first arrived, they looked really nice. There was a slight flaw in the left seam of my left boot, I could see the lining because the stitching wasn't tight enough. I overlooked it, though, they still looked nice.
They were REALLY tight when I first put them on. The back of the boots was the biggest problem. But after a few days, the boots stretched out and were more comfortable. I had ordered a size seven because other reviews said the boots ran small. They fit fine.
The top of the boot is big enough for my calves, but barely. Be careful if you have larger legs.
on November 18, 2013
When my boots came in the mail, they were packed beautifully in celophane bags. They fit as expected. I wear a true size 10, and that's what I ordered. They fit perfectly with or without socks worn. I can't tell you how soft the inside feels! The boots are made very sturdy, and I wear them in our cold Kansas climate. They keep my feet completely toasty but not too hot to wear I'm sweating. I ordered another pair of Bearpaws because I'm totally sold on them.
on December 5, 2011
I couldn't be any happier with these boots. They came just as pictured.
I found the sizing to be accurate, there was just a little bit of toe room when ordering my normal size. I just got them, so I'm not sure how they hold up long term, but they seem to be very good quality. All in all, they are very cute, and when I need a new pair, I will be ordering again!
One person found this helpful