Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BEARPAW Women's Meadow Winter Boot, Black, 9 M US
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Size: 9 B(M) US|Color: Black|Change
Price:$40.48+ $7.95 shipping

on January 12, 2012
I had two concerns ordering these: not natural shearling, and the complaints about the seams being painful. First concern- The way bearpaw made their shearling lining is brilliant. I love straight up "sheeping bags" for toasty feet throughout the winter, but this works just as well. Second- the seams. First day of wear they were no problem, second and third they were bothersom, but I figured, like any quality leather product they would conform to my feet, and my persaverance paid off. After a week of regular wear they feel wonderful. If you have sensitive feet some socks would help the break in process. Excellent purchase for an amazing price. Size ran very true for me and the traction of the soles has kept me steady on some sidewalks that were mini icerinks. Love them!!!
0Comment| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 14, 2012
The boots came quickly and looked very nice, but ran small (short) unfortunately. I would order 1/2-1 size larger. Width was good, however.
on December 22, 2014
These boots are cute, comfortable and warm but they are too small! I have to return them for a bigger size. I thought theses shoes run like any other sheepskin boot. However this is not the case. I'm a size 7.5 in most shoes and a size 7 in the classic styles of UGG AUSTRALIA and EMU AUSTRALIA. The cowhide leather of this boot makes it run small and so size up if you're a half size. This is also the case in the STAHEEKUM Brand. Well worth the price but the sizing is off which should be noted.
review image review image
on October 28, 2011
I wear a size 7 (small). They are tight around the whole foot. I think they will streatch out a little bit. If you like a tight snug fitted shoe than get your original size and if you just like a reguar fitted shoe get 1 size bigger than your normal size. They are comfortable. Very soft in in the leg. I have long legs and they ago about a tiny big above mid calf. They seem very sturdy. Last year my friend got a short pair of bearpaws in December and they are still in contact for this upcomming winter. My cousin Has a pair of Emu's and they were $158 and she wore them a half of a school year and they are all water stained, streatched out, and all warn. My Granda has a pair of ugg's and she has had them for 1 year and they are in the same condition as my cousin's Emu's. I love these and they are very afforable! :) Also they are cute.
review image
on November 10, 2011
These boots are very nice, comfortable, and stylish. The thicker sole on the bottom is good for the heavy snow that we get here in Michigan. They are heavily packed with fur on the inside; I have no doubt that they will keep my feet warm. Be warned though, they will need to be sprayed down with a stain protectant.
on January 7, 2015
-------------------------------------------------------
EDIT 11/04/15. PLEASE READ.

Less than a month after writing the original review I slipped and broke my ankle while wearing these boots in extremely icy/snowy conditions. I'm not necessarily suggesting that these boots are the reason I was injured, but I just wanted to warn people that these boots fare well in the snow but NOT on ice, and I'm deducting two stars for this reason. I still haven't regained full function in my ankle almost a year later and I can't help but wonder if things would be different had I been wearing another type of footwear. This coming winter I will be wearing traction cleats wherever I go!

Be careful out there!

/END OF EDIT
-------------------------------------------------------

I had been searching far and wide for comfortable, cute, and WARM winter boots, and these fit the bill. I am very glad I finally decided on a pair of Bearpaws and ordered these when Amazon was running a sale, so they were extremely affordable to boot (no pun intended!).

The footbed felt slightly short at first, but after wearing them for maybe a few hours any feelings of tightness disappeared. Many of the reviews for this item stated that these boots were snug around the leg; my calf circumference is 12" and these boots fit me very well (sufficiently snug to keep out the cold but not at all constricting), so if you have very muscular legs or have a larger build, you might want to look into a shorter style of boot or ones specifically made for wider calves.

Another complaint about these boots that I've read is about the seam over the heel. There is a semi-circle of leather stitched over the heel for reinforcement, and the rounded side of the seam crosses over the achilles part of the foot; it does sort of "cup" my heels but it is not uncomfortable. I can't help but think that maybe the people for whom this is an issue purchased the wrong size, or maybe they're not wearing socks, I really don't know. I do have calloused "dancer feet" so maybe that is part of it, lol.

Before wearing these outside I sprayed them with three coats of suede-waterproofing spray (you simply MUST waterproof your suede! Otherwise the material will soak through and eventually stain, and no one wants that). I have since worn them out in the snow and the rain and they have kept my feet toasty and dry each time.

Another thing I like about the "Meadow" boots is that they have an actual tread. Most snow boots of this type have a weirdly flat outer sole that doesn't allow for much traction in icy conditions, which is baffling, but this style in particular has a much more smartly designed outer sole that grips the ground and doesn't slip.

A+
on September 2, 2013
This is my second pair of Bearpaw boots. Absolutely loved my first pair. Although they are exactly the same size the new pair are very tight, The sole is nothing like my old boots. I can't imagine that they be as good on ice.
on November 27, 2012
This is about my 5th pair of Bearpaw boots. Most still are in good shape, but I wore out my black ones over about 5 years. They are comfortable, warm and great for hiking in cold climates. Will continue to buy them.
on March 15, 2013
I've had a tan pair of Bearpaw boots for a couple years now that I absolutely love. The tan pair has always been so comfy in the winter. I decided to purchase the black pair on Amazon; which I think was a huge mistake. When I first got them, I put them on and noticed they felt a little off. I wore them just to run errands. By the time I got home, my left ankle had been torn to shredds by the boot and was bleeding. I now wear bandaids if I am going to be walking around in these. I don't know why it is only happening with the left one, BUT I know other people had complained of this happening to them in the reviews. So just be warned,,, you may have to stock up on the bandaids if you buy these boots!
on April 17, 2015
I would not reorder. The boots are very flat on the inside sole and created plantar fasciitis by the end of the winter... I am now in Physical Therapy for my feet. However, their fit and comfort is comparable to UGGs which I also own in brown... these types of boots simply have no arch support and are too wide in the footbed.