Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: BETRAYAL (Historical Romantic Suspense) (Historical Romance)
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Back to School STEM

on November 4, 2012
I liked the historical aspect and detail of this novel; it moved along well and kept my interest all the way; I also like the decent way the sexual areas were handled. I don't like novels that include the vulgarity that seems to prevail now.
on January 12, 2014
A very good tale that held my interest to the very end. No skipping over pages that were boring or filled with endless descriptions of sex. It is a story of a courageous woman trying to save her newborn son( his twin was stillborn) and her castle. An evil man lusting for power causes much harm. Her new husband who has loved her for many years saves her, her infant, and her castle. I liked this book very much and would not hesitate to buy another book by Karen Fenech.
on November 19, 2006
In 1122, William Norris dies in combat after betraying an ally. He leaves behind his pregnant wife Lady Katherine Stanfield, who would prefer the odious man, went to hell, but for the sake of her soon to be born child she gives him a Christian burial. Less than two weeks later, Katherine gives birth to twins with her daughter dying in childbirth. At about the same time Lord Ranulf invades the keep with plans to make Katherine his wife. She flees leaving behind her dead child so Ranulf will not know that a son lives.

Her loyal Commander Sir Guy takes her son into hiding while she asks her former betrothed De Lauren for help. He agrees on the condition she marry him right then. He retakes Stanfield keep, but the slaughter of innocent people and the destruction of property are horrifying. De Lauren buries her daughter because he does not want the woman he loves but mistrusts to see that Ranulf decapitated the infant. As Katherine realizes she too loves her spouse like she did when she broke off their engagement five years ago, Ranulf plots to assassinate De Lauren and make sure his enemy's loyal brother Stephen thinks Katherine betrayed them again.

Though Ranulf is a too over the top psychopath (asks his late wife as he literally bled her dry), medieval romance readers will welcome this fine twelfth century tale more so because of the hero, who seems so realistic especially his code of justice. The excitement in the entertaining story line resides in anticipating the confrontation and learning why Katherine broke off with De Lauren and defied her father to marry an odious Norris. Karen Fenech writes a fun historical romance.

Harriet Klausner
66 comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 27, 2007
Karen Fenech is a creative genius when it comes to writing historical romantic suspense. Betrayal took me on an unforgettable adventure that stirred my heart and dazzled my imagination.

Lady Katherine Stanfield is strong, passionate, and one of the most likable and believable characters I've met in a very long time. Kind of a Midieval Miss Congeniality. The dialogue was authentic to the Renaissance era, the action and drama were perfectly weaved together to make me feel completely surrounded and swept away in this intriguing and exciting journey of Knights, Lords, Ladies, and Betrayal.
on September 6, 2012
my first time reading a book in this era, and I loved it. Fenech is a great story teller. well worth your time..
on February 16, 2011
I loved this book from start to finish, the characters are well formed, the period description is perfect. Don't pass this one up!! I love knights in shining AMORE!!!
on August 29, 2013
I am now hooked on all Karen Fenech books they are good ..I love the Historical story . This is different from what I normally read, very good and fast moving . I hope she writes more of these kinds of books...
on January 29, 2014
I loved this book - both the audio and the ebook. Great characters, very believable and relatable story. It's hard to find good, clean stories written in the Medieval time period but this was definitely on target for me. The only reason I actually gave it four stars rather than five was because I felt like it ended too quickly...would have enjoyed an epilogue.
on January 22, 2014
I gave this book a 4rating because it was a good book. However, there were things that I felt the author left out that are important for me to know. For example, the age of the h/h, eye color of the heroine, hair color of the hero. Those are details that I find very important because that way I can better identify with the characters in a book. Also I felt that the ending was incomplete because of the lack of the epilogue and because there were many things that were unanswered with the other characters that I would have liked to have happened or Known if they would have happened. There was just no closure after having read the end, the ending left you wanting. Oh last but not least, the love scenes between the h/h were blade, because I expected that when they made love for the first time, it would h ave been a very passionate union because of what they had been denied in the past.
on February 7, 2014
Another book that will keep you interest until the end. It was lengthy which I like and I lay awake reading until the wee hrs in the morn. I am 87 yrs young, and this kept me so involved in it. If you like a book historical, romance and suspense you will read this and put a review in. It was fantastic and riveting. Jan