Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

BUYER BEWARE! Amazon Not Delivering on Promise of Release Date Delivery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 11, 2012 7:43:30 AM PST
ORDERED BLACK OPS 2 PS3 VERSION THE DAY IT WAS LISTED FOR PRE-ORDER ON AMAZON.COM. SELECTED RELEASE DATE DELIVERY. AMAZON WILL NOT BE DELIVERING THIS ON THE RELEASE DAY DESPITE ORDERING THE FIRST DAY IT WAS LISTED ON AMAZON.COM

Below is the horrible customer service response I received from Amazon.com - BUYERS BEWARE!

Bernard:I'm sorry this maybe a disappointing order experience for you, may I ask for the order# please?
Me:xxx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxx
Bernard:Thanks, one moment let me check this order here.
I see this order I'm afraid we can't deliver this same day on the release date.
Me:Even with one day shipping!
Bernard:I'm truly sorry Robert but even one day shipping we are unable to do that.
Me:how come you were able to do it on this order for the xbox version xx-xxxxxx-xxxxxxxx
Bernard:We only offer the Release-Date Delivery option when we know we can get the item from our suppliers in time to meet our delivery promise to you. It's possible that this item will become eligible as the release date gets closer and we've confirmed our inventory.
Me:I ordered this the day the item was listed on amazon...how can this be? Also, why would I be told be customer service that they would contact shipping department to have my order corrected so I would receive on release day?
Bernard:I have double check this item Robert, and this is not directly ships and sold by amazon, it's from one of our sellers, though the seller can ship it on the release date but it can't be delivered on the release date.
Me:No it states sold by amazon.com llc
1 of: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Edition [Video Game]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
Bernard:This item ordered is sold by: Stock Your Home
Me:Just looked at my order and my invoice and BOTH state sold by Amazon.com LLC
Bernard:Yes Robert that is what I am looking at. This item Sold by: Stock Your Home.
Me:how can I be looking at the SAME thing and see sold by Amazon.com LLC
Bernard:This is the item page for this order Robert:
Call of Duty: Black Ops II [Hardened Edition] - Playstation 3
Me:Looking at this order below is a copy/paste:
Items Ordered Price
1 of: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Hardened Edition [Video Game]
Condition: New
Sold by: Amazon.com LLC
$79.99
Amazon Prime: One-Day Shipping is $3.99 per item
Does not state sold by Stock your Home and shipped by Amazon.com

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 9:34:59 AM PST
Jesse Cortez says:
your about 7-8 months late, I know because the last game I got from amazon RE ORC was release date delivery and during that time people started complaining about no more release day option anymore. After that I just go to gamestop for all my games now. I suggest you do the same

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:06:00 PM PST
jbo1018 says:
I got my Assassins creed 3 on release day. Also my Black ops: Hardened Edition shows estimated delivery for Tuesday the 13th and is already in the shipping soon stage. My assassins creed 3 order shipped out in the afternoon the day before release and was at my door release day afternoon. So unless Amazon has somehow screwed you and changed your order from being through them to that other seller you will probably be ok. Good luck though.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:28:21 AM PST
I also received my copy of AC:3 on release day also when I pre-ordered rage, and Skyrim. I find that weird you won't get it on release day. Just don't pre-order from Bestbuy EVER!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:10:32 PM PST
Blunt says:
I live in Illinois. My black ops 2 hardened edition got shipped out today and is currently in Illinois as well. I am confident that i will receive this game tomorrow.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:58:01 PM PST
Big Pimp'n says:
my Call of Duty was already in Phoenix at 5 am for shipping with a tracking number and everything. If you aren't a prime member or didnt select 2 or 1 day shipping you are not gonna receive it tomorrow. dont blame amazon cuz u waited til sunday to preorder it

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:01:13 PM PST
J. Napoli says:
Pre-ordered hardened for PS3 on 10/4/12 with release day delivery, with Prime membership. Last week my Visa CC account was compromised, so my CC was cancelled and a new CC issued, which I added to my Amazon account. Today I received email from Amazon regarding a problem with my payment. I called customer service and changed payment option to my new CC. Well, this change subsequently pushed back my delivery to 11/15/12. After a few more calls to customer service, I was told that all the delivery dates had been pushed back to the 15th, which is not true. I could understand if I had changed my shipping options, or modified my order, but switching payment options should not cause my order to lose it's place in the shipping line. I have been an Amazon Prime member for many years, and have never had a problem like this with an order. I was really surprised by the lack of customer service in resolving this, which should have been an easy solution. Makes me rethink the whole pre-order thing for future purchases.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:42:19 PM PST
Nancy says:
i preorderd in augut 29 and mine hasnt even been shiped ? i shud get priority shipping!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 7:45:22 PM PST
C. Bueno says:
I live in Illinois and my order hasn't shipped yet, it just says "shipping soon" -__- I emailed amazon last night they told me I should receive it on release day tho so I don't know whats going on here.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:37:07 PM PST
I also chatted with an amazon representative and they told me something similar, they told me even though I pre ordered a long time ago, I will not get the item on the 13 since it is out of stock, but I have a feeling we still might get it on the 13th, the status of my order went from "Not yet shipped" to "shipping soon" that usually means they are preparing to ship it. my guess is that they ship in batches and we are the last ones so its barely showing that they are preparing, hopefully they get shipped soon.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 8:42:23 PM PST
C. Bueno says:
Mine finally shipped!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 10:31:28 AM PST
Matt Wilson says:
thease a holes did not deliver my game on time!! demand refunds!!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 5:03:13 PM PST
John says:
i got an email saying there was a problem with my payment. i paid and now my order is shipping soon without a delivery date. amazon is pissing me off.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 12:13:42 AM PST
Matt Wilson says:
I got a $23.99 refund for 1 day late delivery.

Posted on Nov 14, 2012 4:39:54 AM PST
Scott E. says:
Me too John, Shipping Soon. I pre-ordered the Hardened Edition less than an hour after the pre-order went live. BS.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 4:26:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 15, 2012 4:26:56 PM PST
Elmer Rayos says:
Check your Amazon accounts again, i just ordered last tuesday becuase it was back on stock and now mine says it's out for delivery.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Nov 11, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about