"Everyone should read this book!"
- MARTIN LANDAU, Oscar-winning Actor
"A concise, easy-to-read and fabulously serviceable guide to finding your way round the apparently complex, baffling and unwelcoming world of the creative media. Few people are in a better position than Jim Jermanok, who has done it all, to guide the novice and even the experienced practitioner. Highly recommended."
- STEPHEN FRY, Actor, Writer, Director
"Jim Jermanok’s "Beyond the Craft" are the Cliffs Notes for people hoping to make it in the business of creative pursuit; a MapQuest tour through the baffling and congested world of entertainment and media.
- STEVE KROFT, CBS News Correspondent for "60 Minutes" 5-time Peabody Award Winner
"The advice in this book is so spot on; it’s like having a father in Show Business."
- EDDIE FELDMANN, Executive Producer, Writer 5-time Emmy Award winner ("HBO’s Dennis Miller Live")
"Jim Jermanok knows the film business from all sides. As a successful writer, director, producer and agent, Jim has assembled his vast knowledge of the business into an invaluable compilation of tips and tools for what it takes it make it in Hollywood. Do yourself a favor and buy this book!"
- BETTINA GILOIS, Award-winning Screenwriter, "McFarland" starring Kevin Costner, "Bessie: starring Queen Latifah, "Glory Road"
"As a talent manager and producer, I did a lot of what is covered in this book instinctively over the years, but it certainly would have been useful to have had a reference book like this available early in my career."
- RICHARD BAKER, Producer, Manager of Tim Allen, Drew Carey
"Film directors and other creative professionals must constantly re-invent ourselves, fight the blues, the self-doubt... We are increasingly forced to function as our own self-promoters and salespersons. It’s not an easy to play both the Creative and the Business roles! This book not only provides insight into these challenges, but also gives us some real tools to get past them and make your career dreams come true."
- RANDA HAINES, Director of Oscar-nominated film, "Children of a Lesser God"
"I took my own, hard route to my career and I wish I'd had this book at the start. It would have been so helpful! It should be compulsory reading for all university students with creative majors worldwide."
- ALUNA FRANCIS, star of global recording group AlunaGeorge Award Winner
"Jim Jermanok has written an extraordinarily wide ranging & deep self-help kit for today’s entertainment business, drawing on his own wealth of experience in this treacherous field. Somehow, he manages to keep all this information clear, concise and often fun. Bravo!"
- HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS, Award-winning Film Composer ("The Martian", "The Chronicles of Narnia", "The Shrek Series", "Passionada")
"Finally someone who knows what they’re talking about. Jim is the real deal!"
- LENNY CLARKE, Actor, Comedian ("Rescue Me", "Sirens")