Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 1,134 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,245 reviews
on January 5, 2014
I don't remember if I paid for this book or it was free because of my prime account, but it turned out to be a surprise. My favorite fiction is medical and legal. So I chose this book, didn't know the author, didn't read a preview, just downloaded it to my Kindle. It absolutely was a "God thing"! Not to give away the book,but the wife and children attended church, the husband did not. After a terrible event, the only people to rally around the husband was his wife's bible group. He was hostile and not interested in having anything to do with the church or his wife's "church group". I had not idea I was downloading a "religious"book, but as I read, I was hooked into the story line and feel that God used the book to answer some questions I had myself. It has a very good storyline that anyone, church goer or not, can relate. You will get a blessing if you read it. It has some mild profanity, but that's the world we live in and the author obviously wanted to make it as real as possible
on November 1, 2014
This book is ridiculous. It is a compilation of every possible scenario ever written. It's so badly written you know where the story is going to go every time a new situation occurs. Believe me even in fiction no one person could ever have so many things go wrong.
on November 3, 2016
The writing is superb. The story is very compelling. Made me refer to the scriptures more than once.

So glad all characters held on to their convictions.
on May 17, 2017
Shows how a wrong set of circumstances can throw an innocent individual's life into turmoil and unprecedented grief. The onus of proving oneself innocent, especially for classes of people who have historically suffered injustices such as segregation and discrimination.
on April 21, 2014
Loved it! The human spirit can survive and blossom even when sadness seems to prevail. The hardships and personal development the character went through was believable, terrible and ultimately uplifting. Bad things do happen to good people and we either learn to live with and trust that it has some higher meaning or we lose our faith and life becomes meaningless and joy disappears altogether. I don't think any one can handle the tragedies life presents immediately. It's like being lost and trying to find you way. It's a long road and some of us will find peace and happiness again and some of us will not. I hope most of us never experience anything close to this but reading it caused me to pause and question "What if it was me, how would I cope ". I am still working on the "what if me?".
on March 31, 2014
I don't often rate books, however this is a real page-turner!!! I don't want to give away any of the plot so all I can say is, don't miss this intriguing, suspenseful story. It's no wonder it took the author 2 1\2 years to write it--The research he and his team did was very revealing and aside from the main story, it gave me a new insights into the crime families named in the book. The characters became very "real" to me as I read the story. It was also very uplifting to be able to read a story without all the four-letter words some authors use. Being a born-again, Holy Ghost filled Christian I could relate to the main character's struggle to "fit in" and also to the one who was trying to find his way back to God. If you enjoy court-room drama, you will love this book. READ THE BOOK!!!
on September 6, 2012
This is a new author to me also. His narrative was suspense filled from the beginning. It's been a long time since an author captured my attention to the point that I carried my Kindle everywhere I went in the house - the bathroom, the kitchen and the bedroom. The characters seem to jump of the page. And, this book really had a faith based message. I could not believe persons who were unjustly imprisoned could have such a powerful relationship with God. Yes, I'll be looking for more of this author's books.BEYOND JUSTICE
on June 5, 2013
Let me say up front, I am a Christian. Now I will state that l very rarely read any Faith based fiction. I am afraid that many times I am disappointed with character development and lack of interesting story lines. I am a voracious reader. I never travel anywhere without my current read. The authors I normally read are Patterson, Grisham, Baldacci, Macomber, all popular mainstream authors, to name a few. Joshua Graham delivers a book filled with characters that you care about, a story line that drives you to turn the page or swipe the page. This book shows Christians as real, flawed individuals. We are NOT perfect, we are not always right nor do we always do things as we should. Joshua gets it right. If you wondered what knowing one of us is like,this book gives you a glimpse.

This book puts Patterson's last few books to shame. The drama is here and is palpable. I felt the pain, cried three times, and felt the defeat,there were many. Take the plunge and give this book at shot. You will not be sorry.
on September 30, 2013
I think the aspect of this story that I enjoyed most was the image of the church which was so real and involved in the main characters life. I have never experienced a church like this. I wish I had.
The plot was constantly engaging. The characters were believable but I did have a bit of a problem when the pastor seemed to just disappear and it became all about a sexual attraction between the lawyer and the convict.
As far as believing that a lawyer would do anything without being paid, well, that truly is fiction. I don't know one lawyer that will do anything pro bono anymore.
I realize this was fiction and the lesson regarding forgiveness was powerful but if the other elements of the story are not believable it dilutes the power of the forgiveness message.
on August 25, 2012
A first read from Mr. Joshua Graham, I must say I was very much surprised by his style of bringing the characters to life, making the reader very much engaged in Sam's life. I was rooting for Sam. I was appalled by a justice system that found him guilty, and delighted when he found his faith. (BTW, I am not an everyday going to church person. I believe that christianity is as much as how you treat your neighbor as it is in attending church). I became immersed in the new friends he made, and like the patchwork quilt that is called life; Mr. Graham weaves the patterns so boldly, that for the reader who believes in God, you are confident in your faith and know that everything happens for a reason.

As Sam faces the inevitable, he is surrounded and cared for by the very people he once shunned. This book takes you through Sam's denial of a God and his conversion as he finds himself in the midst of some inexplicable happenings.

A warning to anyone who finds any books that includes God, conversion, miracles, visions etc, as offensive to your beliefs, please pass on this book. This book is about God. And Faith. And the power of prayers.

It is not a great book, but it is certainly a good book.