This particular Bezgar one is a good, introductory vehicle into the hobbyist world of remote controlled cars.
[UPDATE 11/2020: I bought another one of these RCs for my nephew. To my surprise, the version I got is a bit bigger (probably 1:10 scale?), heavier, and looks to be made of all metal. I'm not sure if it was sent by mistake, but it got the same model number, "Bezgar 1", and so it's probably an updated version for the year. I've attached pictures of the new design.]
- Relatively large size at 1:12 scale
- Looks VERY cool at such a large size
- Fairly priced for amateur-targeted RC trucks
- Oil-filled, metal shocks for a VERY, hobbyist-like, smooth ride
- VERY high speed (25-28 mph) and goes over most terrain, although it loses a considerable amount of speed and power off pavement
--- 4WD allows it to go on practically any terrain, including wet ones
- Waterproofing allows you to play in a small puddle of water (and heavy rain) without worries
- Simple paint job that looks decently good
- Smooth control in relation to steering and power
- Charger and 2 rechargeable, 1500 mAH Li-Ion batteries included that allows for almost an hour of play
--- Bring a portable battery station to charge your spare batteries with via USB (takes about 4 hours, depending on USB power level) while you play with the other one
--- Charger can charge 2 batteries at the same time. Buy extra 1500 mAH Li-Ion ones (they are pretty standard)
- Remote control signal goes quite far (up to 260', according to the manufacturer)
--- It uses the 2.4 GHz radio frequency, which allows for larger distances over the 5 GHz ones
--- 2 AA batteries included for the remote
- Came fully assembled
- Speed limiter to adjust for the skill level of the operator
- Compared to other 1/12 scale RC trucks, the current price of $117 is fairly priced, although the parts are not as good as the aluminum chassis/brushless motor ones that go for $300+ and are geared towards higher-end enthusiasts
- The high speed can be difficult for many to control, but keep in mind that there is a throttle limiter available on the remote to help slow down the truck.
Overall, for children over 8 years old, this RC car is a FUN truck to drive. It is made of quality components, has a long battery life with a rapid charger, and bounces with 4WD over all sorts of terrains and speed ramps.
If you found this review helpful, please click the "Helpful" button below to encourage me to write more. Thank you!