Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "SANUS BF31-B1 31" Speaker Stands for Bookshelf Spe..." and save 15% off the $49.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
SANUS BF31-B1 31" Speaker Stands for Bookshelf Speakers up to 20 lbs - Black - Set of 2
|Sale:||$54.60 & FREE Shipping.Details|
|You Save:||$5.39 (9%)|
Discount Provided by Amazon.
- Energy-absorbing MDF construction increases sound quality by providing acoustic isolation
- Conceal unsightly cables using the built-in wire path for a clean and organized look
- Included pads create a non-slip surface and superior sound
- Includes removable carpet spikes for improved stability on soft, carpeted surfaces
- Assembly hardware included
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare with similar items
Atlantic 77335799 Speaker Stands for Bookshelf Speakers up to 20 lbs - Pair (Black)
Sanus BF24B 24 Inch Speaker Stands (Pair)
Sanus Systems BF-16B 16 -Inch Wood Speaker Stands (BF16B)
TransDeco Speaker Stands, 32-Inch
Mount-It! Speaker Stands for Book Shelf and Surround Sound Speakers, Universal Fit, Premium Dual Pillar Aluminum and Tempered Glass, Black (MI-28)
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Sanus AV||Amazon.com||WORLD WIDE STEREO||Amazing Deals Online||Amazon.com||Value Max|
|Item Dimensions||29.6 x 11.2 x 2.5 in||12.63 x 4.75 x 32.25 in||25.8 x 11.5 x 2.6 in||10.9 x 12.5 x 16 in||12 x 10 x 32 in||23.3 x 14.1 x 4.9 in|
|Item Weight||12.4 lbs||6.2 lbs||12 lbs||10 lbs||25 lbs||19.09 lbs|
The SANUS Basic Series BF31 is a 31-inch black speaker stand for small bookshelf speakers up to 20 lbs. A solid, energy-absorbing MDF pillar supports a 5-inch by 5-inch top plate with neoprene speaker isolation pads for superior acoustic quality. ABS push-in carpet spikes add stability, and a built-in concealed wire path hides speaker cables for a clean and organized appearance in any room. This product is sold as a pair.
Legal DisclaimerWarranty does not cover misuse of product.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Now for the important stuff. These stands are constructed entirely of MDF so they are fragile when it comes to screws and fasteners. I had a problem with my order and it didn't ship correctly and while I was waiting for my reorder I visited my local high end audio shop. Coincidentally, one of the techs was assembling a set of these for a display and it took him about 10 minutes with an electric screwdriver. When he was done, I picked one up to examine it and he had cracked every one of the vertical boards with the screws...just like many reviewers had mentioned. Now I've seen the problem and just have to figure out how to avoid it myself when my set arrives.
Here is how I assembled them with NO issues:
1. I "borrowed" one of the horrible smelling candles that this house of women that I live in has in every room. I used wax from the bottom of the candle to "lube" the screw threads. Replaced candle...no one the wiser - HA! Grabbed regular old fashioned turn with hand and wrist screwdriver from toolbox. A woodworking friend of mine says he uses soap to lube screws before driving them...just in case your home is poisonous smelling candle free.
2. Now you're ready...If you are going to insert the plastic "points" that go in the speaker base to stabilize it on carpet do this first. Lay the base upside down on a hard surface and gently tap the points in with a small hammer or plastic mallet. Keep them straight when you do this so you don't split the MDF. Wax wouldn't stick to these so I don't think it would help.
3. Insert your waxed screws into the base and then screw them to the vertical supports with your screwdriver. The fronts of the supports are rounded and the rears have narrow grooves for the plastic panels that hide the wires. The screws are like sheetrock screws, very coarsely threaded so it only takes a few turns. Cinch them tight, but not too much.
4. Slide the plastic panels into place in the grooves at the rear of the supports. One side of the panel is smooth and the other has a pattern...
5. Use the remainder of your waxed screws to attach the top speaker support piece to the vertical supports.
6. You're done! I would probably use some museum putty or museum wax to keep the speakers more firmly attached to the support piece at the top of the stand.
Hope this helps...go slow, lube screws and use hand tools, because these are very unattractive if you split the wood and probably much weaker too.
Size. These stands are 31" tall. It is hard to find stands much higher. I saw higher, but they were usually metal or glass. For anyone wondering, these do not raise your speaker enough to clear a couch back. I assume my couch is generally a standard size. I have one speaker cutoff half way behind the couch back. To remedy this, I build a riser for the stand... I did it for both to keep them the same height. Riser pic is in pictures.
I bought these because they were cheap and because I wasnt sure ultimately where my speakers were going to be placed. Now that I have my setup configured, I want to replace these stands. I am going to build my own stands and recycle my stand risers but follow this general design as I like it. I wont leave the gap in the front, but they will be triangular.
These stands will serve their purpose, but there is nicer out there. I would consider these a budget item. As such, I gave 4 stars because they are exactly what they say they are- no false claims.
I also lost one of the small triangular grip pads, but was able to call SANUS and they're shipping me a replacement for free. Great customer support...they've earned this 5-star review.